It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old U2U's Being Removed 9/10/07?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah so I got that message when I went to my Member Center...

U2U Manager: Beginning Sept 10th, 2007, all U2U'2 more than 120 days old will be automatically removed.

But one question...

Does that mean Saved U2U's will be deleted to?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Good question.

One suggestion if they're doing it to save space. One board I'm on has a function to download all private messages as either .CSV, .XML, and .XLS, oh, and I think .TXT. You go to the location 'Inbox', 'Outbox' and 'Saved' and click the save as button and you get the contents of that mailslot as the downloaded file. Then it has an option to delete, but that's no biggie, since ATS already has a 'delete all'.

If they could activate this feature or consider putting it in I'd bet that members would clear out their -own- U2U saves and messages.

As it is now, to save messages, it -appears- that I have to save each message using a 'select all' copy then paste into wordpad, or something clunky like that.

If I'm wrong, or someone knows of a streamlined way to do it, (other than daily), that would be nice to know.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I can understand why, it's just gonna be a bit of a pain for me,as I have 150 saved,after weeding it out from 450.Guess I'll just have to copy/paste in a file somewhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
450?
Damn.

I only have 41 saved

But if Saved messages are deleted I'll lose the first Applause U2U I got.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
But if Saved messages are deleted I'll lose the first Applause U2U I got.

And is there really any other good reason to save a message?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have a couple of them from a very special person here and it would hurt my feelings if they were deleted. I just like to know they are there as encouragement. He is my number one and bravest friend in the denial of ignorance. If it were not for him I would not be here.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm not going to like it if they delete our saved u2u's. I have some phone numbers of friends saved there, and a few pictures that I'd just as soon keep. I guess I'll have to deal with it

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ditto. Spare the saved ones please. I don't have time to copy them all.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Perhaps there can be another method of tracking/saving applauses? Those are the only ones I save, sorta like a trophy wall that I am kinda proud of. They has to be a way to incorporate that aspect of it. Everybody likes to look at the good things they have done or been recognized for.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't save any U2Us, don't see the point, but my common sense tells me that the ones you have saved will be spared the cull. Otherwise, what exactly would be the point in saving them?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just tell everyone 'you can save 100 of your U2U'.

That will mean that almost nobody will be impacted and that the ones that have 400-500 will have to go through them, which they probably realized already, like last month...

Then next month if it's still too much of a system drain, ask if everyone will try to live with 50 (for example). No problem, except maybe for Vic with his 40 applauses.

The two-tiered cull allows them to check for results and to give more time for people to go through things. All good stuff, imo.

2 cents.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So..uh....saved messages? Yes? No? Maybe?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just lost my subscribed threads, and the function to manage them. I cannot subscribe to new threads, so it is a safe bet they will wipe the servers and this is just a preparation. I would suggest saving your U2Us now, and keep the box empty. They need to be saved onto your hard disk.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
THREAD BUMP

Still no answer from Mods or Admin.

Is this all pointless now

Will we be able to keep saved U2Us ???
Will we get credit for U2U space we bought with points, but can't use ???

So far we have been notified, but without explanation.
Any word forthcoming.

Edit: needed to...

[edit on 3/9/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Are we being dimwits for not realizing that 'deleted means deleted'?

****(crickets chirping)****

Maybe they're 'working on it'?

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Are we being dimwits for not realizing that 'deleted means deleted'?

Perhaps, but I hope it's not the case.

I have space for over 2,000 U2Us, and I hate to throw anything away.
And really, how much space could a couple lines of text take up on the servers ???

All my saved U2Us could only take up the space of a couple large images.
Could uploaded images be the next thing on the chopping block.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I Assume that saved messages are ok, But i cannot confirm fully,

With it being labor day ect many are busy but i assure you we will have to a 100% answer as soon as we can,

So sit back have a coffee or beer and we will get back to you soon,

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's not the content of the U2U's that have become a drain on the system, it's the quantity of messages. In some cases, members with excessive amounts of saved U2U's cause a brief slowdown for the entire board when they check their messages (when the member center code computes your total messages and compares against the quota).

Saved messages will be safe for a while. But longer term there will be a new method of saving U2U's for offline storage, and, in your saved box.

The date limitation applies to the IN BOX, but there will be changes coming to your saved box as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Alright, cool. Thanks for the update.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply and for planning a better way to save U2U's offline
I am all for removing anything that slows down ATS and think a time limit is a good idea.

Will there be any thought given to those of us who purchased additional space with our points?

<<   2 >>

join