It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw an aircraft last night flying blacked out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I heard it and could not see it. Then it came into view. It was flying about a thousand feet above ground level and had no lights on whatsoever. No landing lights or navitational lights and no cabin lights showing. It was a twin engine private plane. We are too close to Williams Field for it to be drug smugglers.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've seen a few strange things in the sky over the years, my first reaction is to note the time, place, and direction. If possible I try to judge the altitude, but that can be very difficult sometimes, as is size without a point of reference.

The next thing I do is call the control tower at the nearest airport to see if they can see what I see on their instruments.

In the few times I've made the call only one over Edmonton Alberta came back as a UFO. The controler said their was nothing in the sky while two of us watched it fly over in an odd S pattern.

Look up your nearby airport towers and keep the number handy.
If anyone, they should know what's in the airspace over your location. If they can't see it, it shouldn't be there, and you have something to report.
You also have a record of what you report.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They may have been doing Night Vision Goggle training. We used to have helicopters doing that all the time when I lived in Hawaii. Those usually flew in pairs with one lit up, because it was rather busy airspace where they had to train. When they were off in the back woods where the military owned the training area though they flew lights out with no safety bird flying with them.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Its possible they had an electrical fault.

Was it a propellor or jet engine plane?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Could easily have been Customs and Border Protection, or Mil aircraft on NVG training. Lots of possibilities, even could be a civ plane that the pilot forgot to turn on exterior lights.

join