It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A valid reason why NO aliens will appear.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not to be too PC about this - Aliens or visitors from somewhere else won't just appear in countries (if they have any sense that is) because:

Humans are very racially bigoted.

Look at the Mexican - USA (illegal ALIEN) problem in fact look at any country and we seem to have a problem with our neighbours or the movement of humans from one zone to another - if we have a problem with colour then how we are we going to deal with Alien differences.

We are gonna freak so my point is that Aliens being more advanced will wait till we can get on with one another and racial problems are a thing of the past, the they may feel safe or confident enough to come visit.

or if you live in America you could have the slogan

'Aliens welcome - but no south americans (unless you want to empty the trash)'

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi.. thats a good thought..
Heres a simple way to look at it too..

Go to the zoo, and would you jump into the polar bear cage?

Oh look at all the cute and cuddly polar bears, come on kids, let go and spend some time with the bears in their "home'.

Hence aliens comming here and making themselfs known is like a person jumping into a cage with many many hungry polar bears, who have been beated, and made mean by nature..

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very true I never thougth about it that way - polar bear well no our intelligence to theirs would be Humans to Ants. Would you jump into an ant nest, no I suppose a couple million ants could do you some serious damage. You would need some kind of protection first.

I think its got something to do with we are scared of big polar bears but not that terrified of ants (even ants with nukes).

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This could be a legitimate reason Munro, but I think that there are many more pressing issues at hand than simple racism.

Take for instance our bloodlust that reaches around the globe. There have been wars being fought for thousands of years. Granted this stems from some sort of racism, but more of the religious racism has caused all of the killings. There are also murder, genocide, suicide, drug abuse, spousal abuse, and the list can go on and on.

Basically, if ET wanted to wait until all of these underlying factors were clear before making their presence known, they would be waiting for an awful long time, as these factors are seemingly a constant in the whole scheme of things. IF ET wanted to make themselves known, they would do it regardless of the situation here on the 3rd rock.

The only thing that I believe could bring them to us would be an all out, MAD, nuclear war. We have seen that UFO activity seems to be, or have been, heaviest around nuclear installations, with UFO's even toying with our missiles and arming them for use while still in silos. I think that these events are simply ET telling us that our weapons are mere childs play to them and they are able to manipulate them at their will.

IF ET wants us to know they are here, they would do so plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I totally agree if I had to categorise all our faults though Racism is the Biggy.
It divides into a myriad of problems including religion. Not to sound too NWO we need a one world with one language, one government and well you get the point.

This split personality world is spiralling downwards to disaster of one kind or another, In truth Don I cannot see an answer or even clear skies for many many years.

Maybe ET would be a good visitor just too take the pressure off, before the world blows its top.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I agree: there are reasons why "aliens" won't suddenly land anywhere. However, I think the reasons you have cited are a bit too 'personal'. The human race is imperfect -- at least, in its own eyes -- but such imperfections won't be visible by beings that are tens of thousands of feet in the air -- or above our atmosphere.

Our various Social, Economic, and Political crises are only known to us. These "aliens" would know nothing unless they've had some direct contact and/or carried out a thorough investigation of humanity from the inside. Currently, I have found no evidence to support such a fact.

Realistically, if an "alien landing" were to cause any impact, there would have to be a visible (and large) fleet -- not the "spots on video" variety. This is because such a meeting would be between civilizations, not countries. In the past, even human explorers sailed with several ships (See Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan). Why then would another planet's civilization send one 2- or 4-personnel ship to Earth?

When they arrived, our hypothetical alien "fleet" would seek out a clear landing spot that could host all ships -- like a desert. There might be no one around to see them land -- although, if the military spotted a fleet of landed ships sitting in a desert, they would scramble a substantial amount of aircrafts to investigate. If the fighter pilots aren't trained to handle what they see, or if the aliens mistake their intentions, it could easily escalate into a slaughter, not a war.

Alternatively, if our aliens chose to make contact with the inhabitants of this planet, they would have very few (parking) options in a city. Also, they most likely know nothing about our ways of life; they would be unaware of the tourist spots, or other places of importance, where they can make the "greatest impact". As such, if they landed in a humanly-significant place -- e.g. the White House Lawn, where they conveniently shake hands with the US President in front of the Press -- you have every reason to get suspicious.

There is also the question of communication. It can't be assumed that "they" can communicate telepathically -- although there is no reason why they can't. It would remain to be seen. But more important than communication is our visitors' motivation for dropping in. This is a fairly-sized planet -- small, by most comparisons -- but still large enough. It does seem to have a rich abundance of naturally-occurring minerals, and a lot of water. These might be far more important and interesting to them than the inhabitants of the city.

For instance, if they came here to settle, they would have to examine the planet itself, which could easily be carried out while unseen to us. In some bodies of water, these explorers might find unusual substances, which they would eventually trace back to our civilization. At that point, they could decide we're a threat to their intentions (of settling), and exterminate us accordingly.

There are other reasons to why aliens wouldn't suddenly land. It should also be remembered that there are reasons why they would (and could) suddenly land anywhere. However, we should be cautious in assigning personal bias to these causes. An extraterrestrial is not human. Such an unfamiliar life-form will probably not see our world as we do -- especially in terms of needing redemption. Extraterrestrial visitors might only be interplanetary explorers; the true implications of their arrival would be left to us: if we chose to consequently create "world peace", it would be our decision, not theirs.

I will conclude with an analogy for your introspection.
Imagine you discovered an occupied town that was built on a mountain. Of course, you are very excited by the find because, due to the town's disadvantageous position, it has developed in isolation from the rest of humanity.

Suppose then that, instead of monitoring them from a vantage point, you decide to walk in with your arms outspread. You want to hug everyone there and tell them just how fascinating you find them. But instead of returning your greetings, you are immediately confronted by a crowd of disgruntled people, all who want you to solve their quarrels. Someone produces an ancient parchment, whose ambiguous contents purportedly "predicted" your arrival.

Seems far less plausible of a scenario, doesn't it?
Cheers.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I guess we all have different ideas on the subject, thinking on what you have said though just one UFO landing in front of the mass media would do it. I dont like the settlers idea as we don't have the room and we are definately the Indians in this scenario.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Certainly true -- but we should also remember that the "Mass Media" is not a visible presence. One cannot, for instance, "attack the Mass Media". One can, however, perpetrate atrocities against a News Station -- which, of course, I highly discourage. The fact remains that such atrocities affect only a specific News Station and the people working there -- not "the media" in general.

Aliens would never deliberately land in front of the Press. Even I don't know (or care) where FOX or CNN have their Headquarters -- much less an interplanetary group that's visiting Earth for the first time. Aliens might know nothing about the media's existence, much less its importance to our society/civilization.

If you ever turned on your TV to find news about a landing, it's easy to guess how it got there. Perhaps, NASA located the incoming ship(s) and sent a live streaming video to a major News Corporation. All other news stations would pick up the feed and broadcast to local areas.

Or:
Assume the US Govt. spotted incoming planetary visitors, but said nothing because they hoped the visitors would wing by, unnoticed. Instead, the visitors land in a wide-open area (an innocent mistake, on their part; they mistake one of our planet's stadiums for a landing pad, because it exhibits similar architecture to their airports). At this point, someone notifies Channel X Local news, who hot-footed it to the stadium in question. As Channel X is three minutes into their live broadcast, the information has arrived at many other stations through the magic of the internet. Probably in the space of 15 minutes, every station will be carrying the news.

But in the event that they were on their way here to settle -- well, you're right. The implications might prove very unpleasant for humankind in the long run.

Apologies if this is entirely off-topic; moderators, please 'baleeted' this post if necessary.

PS: Edit for readability.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Them not liking us has nothing to do with race. In fact your statement realy makes no sense at all....Think about it. If we are being watched by beings from other planets you think their main concern is racism? Its most likely that mankinds main pastime since our beganing has been warfare. The human race would be considered inherently hostile. We could be considered a threat. Point in case here is a video from Nasa STS-48 orbit. video.google.com... . In it we seem to launch a missile at a craft in space. Which to me just goes to show you how hostile humanity can be.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No not at all Osyris the Human race V other races is racism is it not?

Violence is something generated by racism but i am not saying there is not a hundred other reasons just that racism is a valid point as seen from an advanced society. The reagan speech about facing a threath from outside this world just proves my point - we would all pull together if another race threatened us.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

Not to be too PC about this - Aliens or visitors from somewhere else won't just appear in countries (if they have any sense that is) because:

The simplest answer is that they are not here in the first place. Lack of verifiable evidence leans towards the scenario.

But I know that is no fun to consider, so blast away at me.......

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Two questions for IgnoreTheFacts:

1. Would you accept Death bed confessions as evidence?

2. Where is your proof that they are not here?

The coin has two sides does it not

Watch the Disclosure DVD, review recent Roswell updates and look at declassified (Black Vault) documents and there is a 1% chink in your
NO VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE standard non believer reply.

Yes I did say 1% as that is all it takes.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Two questions for IgnoreTheFacts:

1. Would you accept Death bed confessions as evidence?

No, because your idea of a "deathbed" confession is based on movies, where people utter some "truth" with their last breath before they expire. This is simply not the case with UFO "deathbed" confessions at all. Plus, you have no idea what it does to the human mind when you know you are soon to die (say, within months or last year of life) I do, first hand.

2. Where is your proof that they are not here?

The total lack of verifiable evidence is my proof they are not here. If there was any verifiable evidence there would be no need for bulletin boards such as this for people to expound about how they mate with lizards and know the complete alien hierarchy, now would there? Some people take the complete and total lack of verifiable evidence as conclusive evidence of whatever they want to imagine, they just fill in the blanks....such as all powerful goverment, conspiracies, etc. Whatever they want to believe, they can as there is no evidence to counter their outlandish claims. And Ufology sites such as this rarely insist on putting the burden of proof on the folks who make the outlandish claims, on the contrary, anyone who asks for a shred of verifiable evidence is blasted as if they are some "paid goverment shill" or a "disinfo" agent. How convenient for those that make aliens claims, huh?

The coin has two sides does it not

Watch the Disclosure DVD, review recent Roswell updates and look at declassified (Black Vault) documents and there is a 1% chink in your
NO VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE standard non believer reply.

Yes I did say 1% as that is all it takes.

Seen it. Read and reviewed them. Nothing verifiable there. It takes more than "1%" to prove that alien life is interacting with us here on earth. Come one man, people here claim to know so much about aliens, I mean ALOT, but NONE of them have any proof about how they know this stuff. And these are people that claim to have repeated and "predictable" first hand encounters with "certain races" on a regular basis. But have no evidence?

The burden of proof falls on those that make the extraordinary claims. Conspiracy and some mysterious "all powerful" government (that somehow can't do ANYTHING else right) is a way out for people to dismiss providing this evidence and evading reality.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

[edit on 29-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You are a 'see it with my own eyes' or academic/ scientist type, I believe my fellow man, not all of them but I respect that many are honourable with nothing to lose or gain from outing certain facts about disclosure and are telling the truth.

Its a belief system - I am a christian - I cannot prove god exists but I believe he does. I have read, heard, and viewed material for over 20 years and my 'take' on it is that they are real.

I am not alone in this and that at least gives me hope.

Sorry not rising to the bait, I cannot prove they are here yet you cannot claim that they are not as you would need to debunk thousands of witnesses and abductees so c'mon man surely just the sheer volume of material must give you some doubts that maybe just maybe they are here.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I for one think they will appear sooner then later.
Look at the stat of this world, look at the state of the planet, look at your self!
Every one knows that deep inside we are good. Some how deep inside we also are doubtful about this goodness that slowly transform in to dark side.
My point is that we have been conditioned to accept greed, egoism, selfishness as a natural evolution of our psychic.
Give me any true reason why many leaders of this world act the way they do. Some invade country with out any reasonable cause and justify they action by stating it is for world peace. I will not go around and tell you what they did to the religions, every one knows about it and is so many thread in this respect.
We human have a freedom of choice, and this quality will be slowly taking a way from us. I profoundly believe that dark forces are at work in this world and they been working for many century. The balance slowly is shifting to them (dark forces) and this will not be acceptable by galactic standard.
So... yes Alien will come because now it is slowly going out of hand.

Kacou.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
I for one think they will appear sooner then later.

I don't think they will appear, as that indicates to me that they are here right now and hiding, but rather I think they will find us eventually (or whats left of us)

Give me any true reason why many leaders of this world act the way they do.

How does "for money and power" grab you?

The balance slowly is shifting to them (dark forces) and this will not be acceptable by galactic standard.
So... yes Alien will come because now it is slowly going out of hand.

Slowly getting out of hand? My friend, the world has been, throughout history, in much more peril. The fall of Rome (which was civilization back then) and a hundred other times where more people were killed and living conditions along with rulers were sub-par. The world has been much worse off many times over, so to say it is only now getting out of hand to the point where "aliens" are going to step in and "set us straight" if ignoring the violent history of this planet.

Why would they reveal themselves now, because we can split the atom?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Response for "IgnoreTheFacts"

I know I will net get my idea across.
This is not my intention any way but rather to let it float among other.
In my opinion the difference between now and before (your Roman example for instance) is that we have reach the critical over load of every thing:
Population
Pollution
Wars
Famines
And above all human conscienceless.
How much money you think the dark side want? How many more mansion, castles, luxury car, sex slave... It is not about money. It is more about the power of mind control.
In the past if one civilization fail then other took rise simultaneously , today we have only one civilization (despite what the media is telling) every thing is interconnected. The world is a global village.
For the first time in human history, more and more people wants changes. This people like your self must probably are frustrated of the way every thing is shaping, but never the less we are not using the same tools as the dark forces are using. More and more people have understood that if we want to fight the dark side we have to use our goodness to do so and not our hatred. But still we need help because it is too new for human to act this way.
And help will come from ...you know where from.

Kacou

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Close to my point of vue:

I go to the zoo and look at monkeys.
The monkeys look back at me.
Nothing more.
2 minutes later, I get bored and go back home.

Aliens go to the zoo (Earth) and look at me (Monkey)
I look back at them.
Nothing more.
2 minutes later, they get bored and go back home.

I don't think the monkey understand the world outside is cage.

Sorry for my english

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Then I guess, like you and many others, I will ignore personal responsibility and wait for the aliens to save me.......look now I'm a democrat!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
No not at all Osyris the Human race V other races is racism is it not?

Violence is something generated by racism but i am not saying there is not a hundred other reasons just that racism is a valid point as seen from an advanced society. The reagan speech about facing a threath from outside this world just proves my point - we would all pull together if another race threatened us.

Actualy they would not be another race but a different spieces, and my point is we react with violence when they do not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join