It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
btw can anyone tell me about the techniques used to minimize the sonicboom?
I strongly doubt the USAF won't implement any anti-boom features in it.
It doesn't seem to have any anti-boom shape.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Its more than likely has been flying for years and they are close to admitting it exist. We do know that something very fast was recorded over California years ago. It had sonic booms bigger than the space shuttle. I get the sonic booms every time it lands in Florida and let me tell ya they are loud.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The Aurora is old news. It's already been built and works great.
It uses ramjet engines and goes Mach 6.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Geez, that looks a whole lot like this right over my bloody house on google.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm kind of new and everything, but is Intelgurl so revered here that as long as she makes sure to underline "extremely reliable" her source is trusted instantly? I mean, no one even asked about the source, you're just taking it all at face value. Don't get me wrong, it sounds convincing and everything, but isn't this place about denying ignorance, and doesn't that include checking sources?

Also Intelgurl, if this is truly a black program and someone is speaking to you about it, I think you should report them to law enforcement officials. It's not a great idea to continue to pass along sensitive information. I hope for your sake that you are just making this stuff up. I know it feels good to be "in on" something like this, but have you considered the damage you could do if you get your hands on the wrong information and it ends up on the internet?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The Aurora is old news. It's already been built and works great.
It uses ramjet engines and goes Mach 6.

Wow, where did you get this infomation? I thought it was only a rumour at this stage.

As for Ramjet engines, how do these planes get of the ground in the first place. I thought ramjet engines were only effective when the plane was already travelling at sufficient high speeds.
Does a 737 or like deploy them? If so, the Aurora couldnt be too large

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Great info, nice to see something new and "real" on ATS besides all the conspiracy stuff.

However; UCAV???? I mean exciting sure, but to me the whole excitement is someone flying these technological marvels. Being a UCAV kind of takes the excitement out of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Looks like the Aurora has a new name, or I could be way off. Either way this gets my
for a heads up, and current news development.

Amen. And Amen. Looks like the Aurora is slowly being introduced, with a new name no less. IF the attributed photo's are correct. And yes, double thumbs up, flag, and applaud.
Great Post

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

I have no doubt that Lockheed is involved in a new SR72 project. I know for a fact that the hangar 47 complex at Palmdale, owned by the City of Los Angeles is being cleared of tenants and is undergoing extensive modifications to the building. It is my understanding that Lockheed will take over the entire hangar complex on September 8th, when the lease made to Sanswire has expired. Sanswire is presently in the process of being evicted from the hangar having not paid their $19,000/month rent since November of 06. A hearing is scheduled for August 27, Department 58 at the County Courts building on Hill Street at 8:30 a.m. The case number is BC370248.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmaraca
I'm kind of new and everything, but is Intelgurl so revered here that as long as she makes sure to underline "extremely reliable" her source is trusted instantly? I mean, no one even asked about the source, you're just taking it all at face value. Don't get me wrong, it sounds convincing and everything, but isn't this place about denying ignorance, and doesn't that include checking sources?

To answer your question, yes, she is that revered, simply because she is in the
know about that stuff.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better though.

Also Intelgurl, if this is truly a black program and someone is speaking to you about it, I think you should report them to law enforcement officials. It's not a great idea to continue to pass along sensitive information. I hope for your sake that you are just making this stuff up. I know it feels good to be "in on" something like this, but have you considered the damage you could do if you get your hands on the wrong information and it ends up on the internet?

There's a difference between reporting on a plane being developed in general,
as in saying it is Hypersonic and giving a basic shape and posting intricate
details of how it works.

It's built with taxpayers money (for the most part) so we have a right to know about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmaraca

I fully appreciate your wisdom and skepticism.
So let me break this down as to how I work this.

1. The SR-72 story is documented in Air Force Times magazine.

2. The "Blackswift" program was not "outed" by me but rather publicized in a well known tech site called "Daily Tech.com".
I would never have posted this information unless I knew that it had already been outed by another news source first.

3. As for my "extremely reliable" source, consider what he/she said as an industry rumor... that's all, just a very well informed industry rumor.

Never, ever would I jeopardize my employment (defense industry contractor), my freedom (does Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary sound familiar?) or the security of my nation. I am always very careful to be compliant with United States Code Title 18 Ch 37 Sections 793 & 798.

Also Intelgurl, if this is truly a black program and someone is speaking to you about it, I think you should report them to law enforcement officials. It's not a great idea to continue to pass along sensitive information.

People speak to me, other interested industry contacts and even the press, rather frequently about "black programs", what they don't do is give me specifics.

The existence of and even the names of "Black" programs or "Special Access Programs" (SAP) may very well be public information - I hold up the Missile Defense Agency's midcourse defense measures as a prime example.

These are acknowledged, yet deep black programs as far as methodologies and capabilities, and yet widely publicized that they exist.

I hope for your sake that you are just making this stuff up. I know it feels good to be "in on" something like this, but have you considered the damage you could do if you get your hands on the wrong information and it ends up on the internet?

Since there is already mainstream news of this coming from the USAF's own publication as well as Daily Tech.Com, I hardly feel that anything I have given out would in any way harm the security of the United States - thanks to the USAF, the info is already on the internet, so I fail to see where I am jeopardizing anything - nor does my company lawyer.

Natalie ~

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Would there happen to be any videos / animations of it? I could really use it/them for my "UPGRADED" DARPA iXO Control Grid video that I'm doing a major overhaul on. I have something that resembles that the 2nd image you have there, but I think it might be NASA's re-entry vehicle.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I don't know of any. Basically the second image (the Blackswift) closely resembles most artist renderings of the Falcon HTV's.
Therefore, I would think if you could find an animation of the HTV's then that would be as close as your gonna get to an animation of the Blackswift anytime soon.

[edit on 8-27-2007 by intelgurl]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Awsome!

The Sr-71 is still an amazing plane by todays stands especially by its shape... But a plane that flies TWICE as fast? If this turns out to be true I look forward to seeing the amazing technology, and the shape of it.

If the Aurora has or used to fly, then I beleive that it's a high change that it was from a different program, or even a hypersonic testbed aircraft, while the actual Sr-72 is the operational version.

Thanks.

[edit on 27/8/2007 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There was an 111mb video animation of the Falcon/HTV-3X at mediafusionreview.com once upon a time. Unfortunatly its no longer available.

However, some screen shots of the animation can be seen on this site, (at least for the moment), about halfway down the page.

Also, here is a pic of the underside of the image intelgurl posted, (in case anyones interested). Its from a model presented at DarpaTech 2007.

[edit on 8/27/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

what would people make of this if they saw one?
vf-15 pteranodon

Batman is back... It looks awsome...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Looks like the Aurora has a new name, or I could be way off. Either way this gets my
for a heads up, and current news development.

Good to see you around Intelgurl, have always looked forward to your posts. That's a high altitude craft, by far above the competition.

Oh yeah! Welcome back Intelgurl! Where the heck have you been?

OK, all this seems as a deliberate selective leak by the air force. A red herring, if ever there was one! Because, you see, there are mind boggling craft in existence which have been back engineered from alien technology! Check out these craft:

> Aurora SR-33A. (A space faring craft).

> Lockheed-Martin X-33A.

> Lockheed X-22A.

> Nautilus.

> TR3-A 'Pumpkinseed'.

> TR3-B 'Astra".

> Northrop antigravity disc , (designation unknown).

> XH-75D or XH Shark antigravity helicopter, manufactured by Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical Corporation.

> TAW-50.

> Northrop Quantum Teleportation Disc.

More Here... And here!

Cheers!

[edit on 27-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Does any one know why this latest and greatest plane is useing ram jet engines that are just slightly better then the sr 71?
I mean there is so much info around hear about more advanced engiens, PWD, scram jet ect.
So why use engines that are just slightly better then engines from forty years ago?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo

Does a 737 or like deploy them? If so, the Aurora couldnt be too large

The 737 uses GE high by pass turbo fan engines. very different from anything this will be using.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
That image sure reminds me of the New Space Shuttle spoken of by NASA. Doesn't it look oddly familiar?

This is startling news, at a time when everyone thinks that we're not going anywhere into space. I like it!! I'm giving this

Excellent find!!!

TheBorg

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join