It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Couldn’t The United States Claim The Moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
After giving this matter some lengthy thought. I see the Sino-Soviet alliance capitalizing on the Middle East oil reserves and like the Assassin bugs they are, gutting the economic infrastructure of The United States, Britain and that great pioneering nation of Australia. It would be foolhardy for us to think one moment..that we do not have the right to claim that moon, nothing more than an island in space that originated here anyway.
That Moon is our ace in the hole and future foundation of our energy needs, and raw materials for construction and electronics assembly materials here on Earth.
What kind of fools do you take us for! You wish to share, while you squeeze the life essence of this great nation day by day.

Call it Divine right of Kings!
Call it Manifest Destiny!
Call it finders keeper!
But by God it shall be ours , not an eigth, not a quarter, but the whole. and it shall not be Russias and the whoremonger Putins, , Not Chinas, not the United Nations and its whimpering flea bitten dogs, and not these non existent aliens.
But to these Blessed United States of America , the greatest nation ever to grace the face of good Earth Because quite simply, its the best guarantee mankind has that it will get to share in its spoils.

Amen

SyS

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi Blaine91555,

All very true however mineral rights, now there's another kettle of fish.

Get Your Mars Mineral Rights Here! Only $19.95

I'm sure Dr. Resnick does quite well off this - ummmmmmmmmm - business venture. I'd heard of this before and this Dr. was, as I recall, referred to as a nut. Personally I applaud him. He has found a way to sell pieces of the proverbial "Brooklyn Bridge" without getting in any trouble. I'm sure all the occupants of the Universe will thank him for keeping everything so neat and tidy.

I'm off to get my Credit Card and contact him right away. I think I'll grab a piece of Phobos. No telling whats lurking there.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

You are entitled to your own opinion. I have no problem with that. If you researched more the moon can't be claimed by any one nation (United Nations). Oh, one more thing...could you point it out on a map? lol

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thanks for that. My card is maxed, but thanx for the laugh. I think we needed it.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

When it ratified the 1967 "Outer Space Treaty" the U.S. agreed not to claim national sovereignty over the Moon or Mars, etc.,

I had to throw that in there.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguila

When it ratified the 1967 "Outer Space Treaty" the U.S. agreed not to claim national sovereignty over the Moon or Mars, etc.,

I had to throw that in there.

Oh yeah? Treaties? What treaties? They've all been thrown to the wind, especially by the US of A, unfortunately. It's the American national interests that counts. Take the Iraq invasion. Who sanctioned it? What does the UN charter say on a country invading another without UN approval?

On September 16, 2004 Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the United Nations, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."

BUT THE US STILL WENT AHEAD!

en.wikipedia.org...

So, the US invaded another independent sovereign country for its oil wealth. The stakes are extremely high where the Moon is concerned. More valuable than oil in Iraq is the availability of Helium on the Moon and other natural resources.

UN Resolutions and the Outer Space Treaty be damned! Food for thought huh?

And by the way, in January 2004 Bush said American astronauts would return to the Moon by 2020. Why nothing for half a century? If the Moon is so important, why hasn't the US 'invaded' it as yet?

One of the answers could be in the opening post!

Cheers!

[edit on 29-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Two wrongs don't make a right. The U.S. has to respect all treaties, as do all nations. If U.S. governments starting respecting treaties and foreign interests, maybe the world would start respecting them. Bush went into Iraq against UN interests. He should have been impeached. It wasn't about Saddam, it was about oil, plain and simple. If it were a coconut growing nation they would not be there. But getting back to treaties, we all have to get along and the U.S. power trip has got to stop soon. Let's work together because we may need each other one day.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

This mentality of American interests only count, is the result of years of brainwashing, starting with the cold war. Political influence has driven the mindset. No one country is better than the other. All countries are great and that, my friend, is what makes this a great planet. It's a team effort, so get off your patriotic horse.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
But theres a already a civilization on the moon according to our Astronauts, unless there in on a disinfo plot .

www.ufocasebook.com...

Ive seen Buzz talking about being followed to the moon, why would he lie ?

Im not sure what to beleive but it would seem the moon already has a civilization ?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I peek it up this thread just now.
Let us see what happen in history when nation discovered other places. Threw human history you can see the same paten, when ever a nation find a new world then they will claim it for them self and destroy any resistance.
The best one of course is the Americas. When Columbus (who ever discovered first) came back and tolled every one about the discovery of a new land they all jump on the wagon of colonialism and claim what ever they could laid they hands and they feet on.
Because they know they could crush any resistance and proclaim them self the ruler of the new world...which was not really new any way!
Now, the USA has never claim the moon and you are right to ask why.
In my opinion I don’t think they find some hopeless indigenousness people in the moon so they could also dispose so easily.
They don’t claim the moon because the are scar to the core, because if you claim the moon now you can secure a very wealthy future when technology will be ready to make this colonization possible ...something very strange happen in the way to the moon...but not like the tilted documentary is insinuated.
So I guess why they don’t claim the moon is still a mystery because we don’t have all the facts.

kacou

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
What would be the point in claiming the Moon anyway? There's nothing anyone can do there at the moment.

Think of the logistics of the ISS, how much money, time and effort it's taken to get that into orbit. Now imagine that times ten. Probably more. Sure, there's plenty of valuable goodies on the Moon but actually mining them is next to impossible.

Shipping mining equipment, habitation, personnel and resources to the Moon would be a venture that would never see a profit! Totally pointless.

So we can squabble amongst ourselves about who owns the Moon or simply sit back and enjoy it, no matter who says it's theirs. Because it's not going to change in a long while yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gonquin
But theres a already a civilization on the moon according to our Astronauts, unless there in on a disinfo plot .

www.ufocasebook.com...

Ive seen Buzz talking about being followed to the moon, why would he lie ?

Im not sure what to beleive but it would seem the moon already has a civilization ?

Additionally, at least one former governmental insider in Dr. Steven Greer's Disclosure Project has testified on video that inside the Moon there is a very large extraterrestrial base

So the conclusion that a number in here have made is correct: no nation will claim the Moon because it already has an alien civilization - albeit a discreet one.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm starting to be uncertain whether US actually landed any man on the moon.. because why would the US so easily agree on such a treaty of non-cliam ?

Anyway, when the Chinese launch the satelite probe to map the moon in Sept.. we will find out. The Japanese are doing the same.. but can't trust them as they are the US lapdog of Asia. Unless, the Chinese use their findings to pressure the US to stop their 60 year old 'China Threat' propaganda, else it's just true that the US had landed man on the moon.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gonquin

I have heard and read that from different sources. I don't know if it is true, nor will I ever find out. There is mixed reaction here, which is perfectly normal. I still stand on what I said about claiming the moon, but that is but one of millions of opinions out there. I suppose one country is no better than the other in reverse aspect. Our European ansectors arrived here (Canadians and fellow Americans) and displaced the aboriginal peoples. My position is one of working together, not conquering. After all, we don't get ahead sometimes without a little help from our friends...such as life.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by stumason

As for John lear. Yes, I have read his threads. Don't buy it. For one, such operations would be impossible to hide. The amount of people and resources required makes keeping it utterly secret nigh on impossible. As for atmosphere on the moon, you only have to look up at night to realise that is complete crap.

Thanks for you post stumason your opinins are highly valued.

In the interest of polite conversation I would prefer that instead of the above regarding my theories on the moon's atmosphere you could consider something less vulgar, perhaps, " ...you only have to look up at night to realize that the evidence is not there."

Thanks again for the post.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog

Anyway, when the Chinese launch the satelite probe to map the moon in Sept.. we will find out. The Japanese are doing the same.. but can't trust them as they are the US lapdog of Asia.

That's the tragedy. The Indians are sending a probe to the Moon later this year or early next. But the moot point is that even if they discover startling stuff there, they would never release the info, thanks to the US of A.

The nuclear deal is perhaps a quid pro quo to keep their mouth's shut !

Major Cooper also testified before the United Nations:
"I believe that these extra-terrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets... Most astronauts were reluctant to discuss UFOs."
www.ufocasebook.com...
Thanks to gonquin for the link

Other planets and the Moon?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
US carnt lay claim to the moon because it should not be theres, it shoukld be every ones, it effects every one on this planet there for every one should own it, or no one should. Im sure the only way to lay claim is to have a war

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

We were not allowed to do so because we are a warmongering idiots.
We are quarantined and will be so until we spiritually grow up and become peaceful.
We are not allowed to leave our biosphere, so we will not spread this warlike attitude to other planets.
Simple as that.
ETD

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Installing war station, scalar weapon, missiles, radio transmitter, radars etc...
and CLAIMING the moon in the name of the US...
That's what they have in mind.
The ET won't let this happen.
ETD

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Now here's what takes the cake. Believe it or not!

After setting aside 8.9 million acres around Apollo 11 Lunar landing site and designated as a "World Heritage Site", The ROC team announced that it was holding more than 75% of the Lunar Mineral rights to allow for the extraction of Helium-3 and other minerals for the advancement of Space Exploration, Earth and Space Sciences and safer more efficient energy production.
www.direct.ca...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join