It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Couldn’t The United States Claim The Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
reply to post by stumason

Hi

mmmmm hubble...it can look back to the origin of the universe and all other planets and galaxies but cannot check out the moon?
Go check John Lears forum

Moon is off limits.
Why that´s the question.

Nando out!

Hubble is not very good at near objects. Short sighted, long sighted? Whichever way it is, it can focus fine on far away things, but looking at the moon is not possible.

As for John lear. Yes, I have read his threads. Don't buy it. For one, such operations would be impossible to hide. The amount of people and resources required makes keeping it utterly secret nigh on impossible. As for atmosphere on the moon, you only have to look up at night to realise that is complete crap.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

"Not yet" only counts as speculation. We've been over there for years now and if people can't show some evidence that we own a single piece of the Iraqi oil industry to prove we've only been there "for the oil", then they need to stop making the ridiculous insinuation.

baseless accusations!

On topic: No I don't think the U.S. can claim the moon.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee

"Not yet" only counts as speculation. We've been over there for years now and if people can't show some evidence to prove we've only been there "for the oil" then they not to stop making the ridiculous insinuation.

baseless accusations!

You asked if we there for Oil. Contracts have been handed out to Big Oil, noticeabley, all Western companies. They're just waiting for the insurgeny to die down, otherwise they won't be able to extract the oil.

Can't really say much else to be honest. It is quite obvious. We have control of the fields and have our companies poised to extract it when the time is right.

So if we didn't go there for Oil, what did we go there for?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good grief I give up :shk:.

I don't know why I even wasted my breath. I just know I'm tired of hearing it because it isn't true, there's zero proof of it and I think anyone is really shallow brained to keep insisting it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I just gave you proof.

But never mind, it's not the topic anyway.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 27-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Like Iraq! It's the oil that's gotten America there.

Can someone point me to a single credible news article that says the United States has taken over so much as a square inch of Iraq's oil industry?

If you base all your beliefs on what you hear in the news I feel very, very sorry for you...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
As for John lear. Yes, I have read his threads. Don't buy it. For one, such operations would be impossible to hide. The amount of people and resources required makes keeping it utterly secret nigh on impossible. As for atmosphere on the moon, you only have to look up at night to realise that is complete crap.

#1 Such operations would not be hard hide if you were an advanced alien civlization, with technology unimaginable to us Humans.

#2 I don't buy the whole atmosphere bull# either.

Just being logical their.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i've always wanted to know... if they put a flag on the moon why have we never seen telescope pictures from earth of the flag?.. even a picture from a satellite?.. why not?

OK, here's your answer....

The reason we can't see anything like a flag on the Moon is amazingly simple. Let's take the HST or a space bound telescope.

The theoretical resolving power of a telescope, measured in arc seconds, is calculated by dividing the aperture of the telescope (in inches) into 4.56. The largest twin telescope on Earth is the 10-meter Keck telescope in Hawaii. The theoretical resolving power of this telescope is 0.012", however the Earth's atmosphere limits the resolving power of any ground-based telescope to about 0.5"-1.0".

The Hubble Space Telescope does not suffer from this limitation; thus, with an aperture of 94 inches, HST's resolving power is 0.05". At the Earth-Moon distance of 239,000 miles, the smallest object that can be resolved by HST is about 300 feet. The largest dimension of any hardware left behind on the Moon is 31 feet, which is the diagonal distance across the LM's footpads. And no telescope, presently in existence, can see any Apollo hardware from Earth.

So there. Anything less than 300 feet across is an unseeable smudge. You may be able to pick out a soccer field if you're lucky. But a flag??

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

No country has any right to claim a celetial body! The moon landings were a giant leap in technology, but the Americans were just ambassadors of the Earth. This is a dangerous philosophy because it can be precedent setting. There is a race to ge to Mars too, but no one country can claim it. This is international territory, plain and simple. If there is an alien presence on the moon, or Mars, things could get very messy, and I have a feeling we would not win.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by aguila]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
A couple more things here, which make a lot of sense. We can't look after the planet we have right now. It is seriously messed up. We have to solve all our problems here first, like war, starvation, poverty, the environment. If we do not straighten our act out, our problems will only follow us. Our track record speaks for itself.....

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguila
This is international territory, plain and simple.

Agreed! But if you read my second post on the previous page, you'd get the gen of what it's probably all about. You are talking of 'no man's land' where the Moon is concerned. But the stakes are too high for it to be so. For eg., Iraq, though was an independent SOVEREIGN country, was invaded and occupied in spite of the absence of a UN mandate to do so. The Moon, having no such baggage, is up for grabs, the Outer Space Treaty notwithstanding!

Remember, it's the exploitation of the enormous resources of the Moon that will guide policy, keeping national interests in mind and not some UN treaty which is not even worth the paper it's written on!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguila
A couple more things here, which make a lot of sense. We can't look after the planet we have right now. It is seriously messed up. We have to solve all our problems here first, like war, starvation, poverty, the environment. If we do not straighten our act out, our problems will only follow us. Our track record speaks for itself.....

Excuse me.

just a minute.

America does own the moon.

we landed on it.

we planted the star and stripes.

our hardware is on the moon.

this proves it belongs to us americans.

we should be proud.

I an a proud American and based on our moon landings I declare that the moon belongs to america and we claim it on the right of being on it first and asserting our claim to it as our rightful heritage.

I claim the moon the moon for America.

It is mine,mine.ours......it belongs to America.

as America was smart enought to land on it and plant the Stars and Stripes on it for all eternity.

NOW NEXT TOPIC.

lets stop whing and whinging about this planet.

there is nothing wrong with it...

a few minor hicuups and you allow yourseldf be brinwashed by foreigners crying wolf.

a billion planets exist in the galaxy waiting for us to colonise them...
in the next thousand years.

our technology is advancing exponentially.

we will ascend and claim those planets soon..

remember that when you are in bed tonight staring at the dark ceiling.

a planet is waiting out there for every American man,woman and child.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Admitting the possibility of alien beings and declaring that they do exist and that they have claim to the moon is a big leap.

Just because something may happen does not mean it has.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Like Iraq! It's the oil that's gotten America there.

I'm probably the lone pea in the pod here but I'm tired of everybody saying that.

Can someone point me to a single credible news article that says the United States has taken over so much as a square inch of Iraq's oil industry?

Thank you. And no matter what "our" intentions were in going over there, what in the HELL is so bad about going over to a country and removing a freaking TYRANT? Why do people must only look for the bad in things? Anycrap, back on topic, I think that either we went up there just because of the space race, or we didn't go back very much cuz we were essentially "warned off."

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Hubble is not very good at near objects. Short sighted, long sighted? Whichever way it is, it can focus fine on far away things, but looking at the moon is not possible.

Hi stumason,

I have to admit NASA did lead us to believe that but I guess they forgot later.

Some pretty pictures here :

hubblesite.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

UN Document
1. The exploration and use of outer space shall be carried on for the benefit and in the interests of all mankind.

2. Outer space and celestial bodies are free for exploration and use by all States on a basis of equality and in accordance with international law.

3. Outer space and celestial bodies are not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means.

This was all decided viaVarious Treaties through the United Nations. No one owns the Moon. The future importance of Celestial Properties did not escape our leaders or the attention of the world. The Treaty was ratified long ago.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ah... I forgot to add don't take to much notice of th Aristarchus image they have posted there this is what it really looks like.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi Blaine91555,

All very true however mineral rights, now there's another kettle of fish.

"Dr. Resnick (former NASA scientist and current consultant to NASA) states "Space law does not allow countries to have land ownership on planets and moons in the solar system but it does allow for the Mineral Rights to be obtained by individuals and companies. The countries party to the Space Treat Act have agreed that none of them has either jurisdiction nor ownership of any extraterrestrial body, nor samples.”

Dr. Resnick found the loophole in Space Law 25 years ago that allowed him ownership of all planetary bodies outside the "Third Planet from the Sun"... submitted this to the World Court at the Hague, and to the United Nations in New York City. In 25+ years no one has ever disputed Dr. Resnick’s claimed ownership.

Dr. Resnick was structuring the Universal Mineral Leases Registry (UMLR) when his partner, Guy Cramer, had read the article on the Mars parks proposal and discussed the ability with Dr. Resnick and Dr. O'Neill to implement the preserve idea into reality through the UMLR. The ROC team agreed and decided to obtain the mineral rights to these regions, to set them aside as protected areas, prior to the public launch of the UMLR.

This loophole in Space law has been a growing concern to Scientists, however, most were unaware that Dr. Resnick had foreseen some of these issues long ago when he obtained ownership of the mineral rights"

www.direct.ca...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Put it this way the russians are claiming part of the sea floor by planting a flag so they can drill fo oil. www.guardian.co.uk...
plus consider due to hydrogen 3 the moon has the potential to be more lucrative then the largest oil field on earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join