It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich Russian tries to buy U.S. bomber at air show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Rich Russian tries to buy U.S. bomber at air show

news.yahoo.com

A wealthy Russian tried to buy a U.S. B-52 bomber from a group of shocked American pilots at an air show near Moscow, a Russian newspaper reported on Friday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The unidentified Russian, wearing sunglasses and surrounded by bodyguards, approached the U.S. delegation and asked to buy the bomber, the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper said.

...more....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Holy B-52 Bomber not for sale, Batman!

What in the world are the Russians up to? With Putin "flexing" his military might, running bombing runs near/on Georgia...

Just what in the world is going on?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
LOL reminds me of the time a guy tried to trade us his alpha romeo spyder for our Humvee (TOW launcher and all)

this amuses me for some reason

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How come the US passed up such a good deal? How much can an second-hand B-52 cost, probably not even armed? For $500 million (I believe that is what was offered
) you can probably get a B-2, or a good downpayment.

Anyway whatever Russian TV comedy show shot this bit is probably getting the last laugh as the story is featured in top news around the world. Is the Brooklyn Bridge still for sale?

[edit on 25-8-2007 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Actually, I can see te US selling an older Buff for display purposes to the Russians. I suspect it would be a big attraction. Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing a Bear on display here at the Smithsonian or something - maybe a trade is possible?

I don't think you can just go up to some pilots and make an offer and expect to get anywhere though

top topics

join