It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush booed at MLK's grave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I like these people....

"President Bush made a swing through the South on Thursday with an appeal to black voters, but encountered emotional protests when he stopped here to lay a wreath at the grave of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Mr. Bush was met by hundreds of demonstrators when he arrived at The King Center to mark the 75th anniversary of Dr. King's birth. He was shielded from their view by a row of transit-authority buses with police officers in riot gear atop them... But the chants and boos of the protesters were audible as Mr. Bush, accompanied by Dr. King's widow, Coretta Scott King, and his sister, Christine King Farris, approached the crypt, laid the wreath and paused briefly in prayer before leaving without making any public remarks. Outside, the protesters chanted 'Bush go home' and 'Peace, not war.'"

He was shielded from their view by a row of transit-authority buses with police officers in riot gear atop them

Where can this guy go without cops in riot gear???

www.nytimes.com...://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/16/national/16BUSH.html

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No billionaires here obviously. What was Bush thinking??

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think it was a good trip. I think thats not a good place to protest Bush, its childish, hes honoring a great man.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i have to agree. you cant get any worse other than actually going on a harangue about bush at an actual funeral.

SHOW SOME TACT!

there's a time and a place, that wasnt the time or the place.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i have to agree. you cant get any worse other than actually going on a harangue about bush at an actual funeral.

SHOW SOME TACT!

Martin Luther King's funeral was over 20 years ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they started booing him when he goes to his grandfather's grave to pay his respects.

No class, no class.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't know if Bush was there because he wanted to honour Martin Luther King or if he was using it for political ends. The point is that Bush's reasons make no difference - those haranguing him at the gravesite were showing great disrespect for King.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

SHOW SOME TACT!

Martin Luther King's funeral was over 20 years ago.

Almost 36 years to be exact

Early morning, April 4
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
Free at last, they took your life
They could not take your pride

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Any time is good time to harangue Bush. How often is he in a public place without a three mile cordon?

Let me think, would Martin Luther king be on the side of the protestors, or of Bush... Hmm... That�s a hard one.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
kegs i have about as much respect for you now after that comment as i do for what i left in the toilet about 20min ago

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
LOL, you find that comment offensive?!?!

So you think MLK would have supported Bush in all this?!?!

will wonders never cease?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
I think it was a good trip. I think thats not a good place to protest Bush, its childish, hes honoring a great man.

He could care less about MLK. He's only doing it because he's president. Has he ever honered MLK before he became president?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

he was using it for political ends.

And we have a winner!

lol, if you believe Bush was there out of respect... ROFLMAO.

Vote for me as Savior, and you'll go to heaven!

Edit: Typo conspiracy strikes again!

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Bush doesnt care about MLK or anything that he stood for...I doubt you will ever see him anywhere near his grave when hes not trying to get reelected or make himself look good.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ya'll are a bunch of loser a**holes who don't have a clue. The problem with this country is that we have TOO MUCH freedom, and that has given birth to people/filth such as yourselves who have an uneducated opinion, but not the knowledge to realize that you are full of s*it. I wish I had the right to personally execute every single one of you. Our country would be a much better place without you.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RottGutt
Ya'll are a bunch of loser a**holes who don't have a clue. The problem with this country is that we have TOO MUCH freedom, and that has given birth to people/filth such as yourselves who have an uneducated opinion, but not the knowledge to realize that you are full of s*it. I wish I had the right to personally execute every single one of you. Our country would be a much better place without you.

LIsten to this guy...what a joke....Yeah "if you had the right" lol...If I had that same right sir...Id split your head right open with .45 hollow tip so dont come trying to take my freedom.. you soon to be banned moron..

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
F*ck off, McSh*ithead... you would never see me coming.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RottGutt

@Rottgutt

HAHAHAHA

SIEG HEIL!!

So with your infinite wisdom, please do enlighten us, because you are by far the most obtuse peice of # that has had the pleasure of meeting me.

YOU are the problem, people like you with an attitude like yours, you quite possibly have said the most ignorant # I've ever heard.

ps: left the desk and forgot to hit reply. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ROFLMAO

And yall thought I had an attitude problem

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Whats with all these Bush lovers of late?
Has bush been scoping ATS?

Im sure bush was thier just to make a political statment.

Also, RottGutt, like you said.

You "wish" you had the right. Keeping "wishing" buddy.
And watch your mouth, This is ATS, not FOX!

Deep

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join