It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Iron Chef America is horribly lame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I love to watch TV. I am not a junkie by any means, but if there is a show I like, I will watch it semi-religiously.

This used to be the case with the original series of "The Iron Chef". This was the one where a trio/quartet of some of the most talented gourmet chefs in Japan squared off against formidable challengers from the world.

Week after week, the Iron Chefs defended their honor by creating unique dishes utilizing the theme ingredient for the week. Mind you, not all Iron Chefs were thrilled with the theme ingredients, but they always used their ingenious creativity to come up with some of the most outlandish dishes ever. Octopus, potatoes, turtle, peaches. There were no limits as to what they could or couldnt use, just so long as they stuck to the theme.

Since my enfatuation with the Iron Chef, I have tuned into see what the genius' could do. Recently, the food network has replaced the original Iron Chef with the sub-par Iron Chef America.

Now I'm not saying that the American chefs are not as talented, but the weak, American favored themes are so boring, and the show does not have the pizzazz or appeal that the original did.

The thing that gets me most is the fact that the theme ingredients are so lame. Take for instance a recent theme of "Farmers Market". This means that the theme is vegetables and the chefs can use anything they like. I mean how much more lame can you get.

Sorry Iron Chef America. If I had one ounce of respect left for your show, it has now officially disappeared.

Bring back Chen Kenichi!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If they want to add a serious improvement to that show, they should use that annoying "chairman" guy as a secret ingredient one time. That would draw the largest audience that show has ever seen.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Actually, I quite like Iron Chef America... Makes more sense to me than the orginal.

The Chairman thing is lame, and yeah, the ingredients are common, but Alton Brown is hilarious, and the rest is a great.

I do like that the themes are american though... Iron Chef once had something like salmon ice cream... which sounds disgusting to me...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
yo, alton brown and bobby flay hold that show down.

haters!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You are all FOOLS. Muahahahaha

Iron Chef Shatner reigns supreme

Seriously, though, I love Iron Chef. I'd even watch it if it were broadcast in Russian. Perhaps especially so ...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey, I like that show, although I agree the original was more interesting. I loved watching them wrestle some exotic slimy live sea creature out of the tank. Something you'd have to fight before you could cook it.

Bobby Flay's kinda grown on me since the early days when he had that Grillin' & Chillin' show with the little country dude that he just bullied. I so wanted him to pull the front of Bobby's Dockers out and dump some live coals on his works.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like it. The host isn't even on the show that much except in the beginning and when they are tasting the dishes. I like it a whole lot better then the other version.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I like it too. One of my favorite shows these days.

top topics

join