It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Seagal blames his dead career on the FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yahoo has an interview with Steven Seagal where he points the finger at the FBI for killing his career.

"False FBI accusations fueled thousands of articles saying that I terrorize journalists and associate with the Mafia," Seagal told the newspaper. "These kinds of inflammatory allegations scare studio heads and independent producers -- and kill careers."

What do you guys think, was it the FBI?

[edit on 18/8/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
an interview with Steven Seagal where he points the finger that the FBI for killing his career.

He should stop blamin' others and just take one good look at himself, he's aged gotten bigger around the wast and his energy drink really sucks !! He had some pretty good movies but all the low budget ones he's doin' are a rehash of his action movie flicks. That energy drink only did one good thing to me which was dispose of my body waste which is the same way I thought of his drink product and all the new stuff he's been doin', I don't wanna break any of the rules so I'll keep the rest to myself. ( Why ya haven't added me to your friend list ?? You'd be a great entry into the Avengers Squad !! which is about 50 members goin' strong , please I'm beggin' ya)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Oh my ... can't hardly breathe ...

Ok I've got hold of myself.

Stevey-baby, it mightn't have anything to do with your acting now, would it?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think it has more to do with the same karate wannabe moves that we've all seen and his weird facial expressions. He's one of the many action stars that have been washed off the face of the Earth, one of them bein' Van Damme !!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I never cared for Steven Seagal movies, but... Dude, I love watching Van Damme movies!
Not all of his movies appeal to me, but I like most of them. I would have to say that my favorite of his is Bloodsport.
Now that movie had some really weird facial expressions... It's good...REAL GOOD...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Some of his early films are great (Nico and the like!) but then he went all eco warrior and made some really dumb films, trying to be a really good guy! That dosen't work for him, he's not pretty enough. He should just concentrate on wipeing the floor with the bad guys and breaking their bones and stuff.

From what I've seen of him not in a movie he has a bit of a holier than thou attitude, and comes across as a bit of a male appendage.

Wouldn't wanna fight him though!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well why not? I've had a crappy few years myself. Maybe I could blame that on the FBI.

The guy made some interesting movies, got full of himself (and several bakery buffets by the look of it), married and lost a hot babe who chunked out a bit herself (and actually looked damn fine anyway).

He's destined to show up in one of those has-been "reality" shows with Corey Feldman and Scott Baio. Best thing he's done in the last 10 years, he didn't even do - the skits on Mad TV where Will Sasso played him.

They were almost as funny as Kenny Rogers Jackass

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't see why he is complaining.

If he wanted to, he could take down the entire FBI with one of his neck snapping moves.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It couldn't possibly be the single expression, mono tone voice, lousy acting could it? Naaaah...must be the FBI. God, whattamarrooon...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
It couldn't possibly be the single expression, mono tone voice, lousy acting could it? Naaaah...must be the FBI. God, whattamarrooon...
I bet ya he's gonna start blamin' us illegal aliens for takin' up all the jobs !! He's just a has been, I liked the stuff that MAD TV did about him, even the Arnold jokes/sketches. "Everybody Get Down !!"

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Haha, check this out, so funny...

Mad TV- Arnold Clone Movie

The Shaq sketches on Mad TV were hilarious also...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve-o
I bet ya he's gonna start blamin' us illegal aliens for takin' up all the jobs !! He's just a has been, I liked the stuff that MAD TV did about him, even the Arnold jokes/sketches. "Everybody Get Down !!"

Haha, check this out, so funny...

Mad TV- Arnold Clone Movie

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaticPrevails
Yeah I watched those as well man, to stay on topic I'll like to add to what I've said in my past posts by sayin' that the FBI has better stuff to do than to mess up Seagal's career, he did what he did and that's why his career went down the drain, I won't say it to him in person in fear of gettin' karate chopped by him. (thanks for the vid, I was laughin' throughut the whole thing)

[edit on 20-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Seagal just finished shooting a film here in ABQ. His stunt director stopped in for some chow where I work just before he left for California.

Here's a picture of a Bank of Albuquerque they used for one of the sets:

Here's a more detailed description on Seagal's problems:

...Seagal also made headlines when he was sued for $60 million by his longtime producing partner Julius Nasso, for allegedly backing out of a deal to star in four films, a development which took an unusual turn in June 2002 when Nasso was arrested and charged with extorting money from the action star. Federal investigators alleged that Nasso was acting in league with New York's notorious Gambino crime family, reportedly headed by Nasso's brother Anthony "Sonny" Ciccone, to extort $150,000 from Seagal for every film he made with the producer. The on-screen action hero said he was threatened with violence if he didn't cooperate. Later, allegations surfaced that Segall had hired private detective-to-the-stars Anthony Pellicano to stage a threatening incident against a Los Angeles Times reporter to make it look as if Nasso was behind it.

More legal trouble dogged the action star in 2005 when Nu Image and Kill Master Productions sued Seagal for $14 million for purportedly causing production delays on two movies, "Today You Die" and "Mercenary."

movies.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2007/8/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Could it be because he went from this

to this?

You're not hurting anyone Grandpa!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
omg his lips in the last pic..looks like he just got done huffin air freshener or something wtf???

anyway celebs dont realize one day the career is going to end if you suck balls at acting.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

I saw him in person and he definitly looked like the 2nd pic, it was at a Comic Con where there were givin' out those damn energy drinks that tasted like (you know what). Thanks for those pics, do Ya mind me puttin' ya on my friend list ??

top topics

join