It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of camels die from mystery ailment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hundreds of camels die from mystery ailment

www.news.com.au

HUNDREDS of camels have died in Saudi Arabia this week from a mystery ailment.

The Agriculture Ministry has said 232 camels died in the space of four days in the Dawasir Valley, 400km south of Riyadh.

King Abdullah has promised compensation for owners, who say the real number of deaths is far higher.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Could thise be the dreaded Camel Virus (Small Pox Symptoms),
the potential Bioweapon Iraqi scientists were studying?
www.newsmax.com...
or could this be a modified H5N1 strain?

The Saudi government is already talking about compensation. A Cover-up??

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
From what I've read in the Arabic press (which is not as front page as you might think) I cannot help but think this is someone's bioweapon out for a test drive. Its spread to North Africa would result in an enormous catastrophe for the Tuareg and others.

I have also read a couple of pieces clipped and sent by email that wonder allowed if the camels are dying from dust from depleted uranium munitions.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I have also read a couple of pieces clipped and sent by email that wonder allowed if the camels are dying from dust from depleted uranium munitions.

Depleated uranium? Logical, but the similtanious death of 250 camels?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Agriculture ministry officials have denied an infectious disease caused the deaths and blamed them on animal feed supplied by food storage authorities.
reply to post by SmokeyJo

Contaminated animal food deaths are common in the industry. I will guess that camel owners in Saudi Arabia import most of their camel food. Spoilage intoxication is common, contamination with insecticides and industrial poisons is common. The recent rash of dog and cat deaths was caused by additives coming from China where food manufacturing has been substandard compared to other industrialized nations. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
Contaminated animal food deaths are common in the industry. I will guess that camel owners in Saudi Arabia import most of their camel food. Spoilage intoxication is common, contamination with insecticides and industrial poisons is common. The recent rash of dog and cat deaths was caused by additives coming from China where food manufacturing has been substandard compared to other industrialized nations. Thanks!

Wasnt BSE (Mad Cow Disease) caused by feed? Could this be caused by a similar?

I also find it compelling that you leave this post with 'thanks!'

edit - spelling shocking, I must proof

[edit on 18-8-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Wasnt BSE (Mad Cow Disease) caused by feed? Could this be caused by a similar?
reply to post by SmokeyJo

Hi SmokeyJo: There are some similarities but here is the scoup: Mad cow is Spongiform encephilitis caused by the infective prion found in the brain and spinal cords of infected animals. Previously it was a legal practice to "render" animal carcuses to make "meat and bone scrap" used in animal food. They found out that the prion however, was not killed by the temperatures used in the processing and animals fed the meat and bone suppliments became infected. Most countries now have ended the practice due to Mad Cow Disease. People eating the cow's meat and esp. the nervous tissue can also become infected.
The latest on the Saudi camels is that aflotoxin (mold) contamination is the culprit. It will take a while before tests come back.
The culprit in the Chinese problem was milanine contamination in their wheat gluten used in our dog and cat food. Melanine is a chemical used in plastics, fertilizers and flame retardants. Usually these accidents happen when someone dumps a bag of something into the vat without checking the label thoroughly.
Hope this helps! Thanks!

top topics

join