It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gradual public disclosure via mainstream media?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Where's the proof of these ultra-advanced techs?

Well, they're being developed in secret, there is no proof. Other than witnesses and whistleblowers testifying about them and things like that. Also the long history of independent inventors being squashed, all the way back to Tesla and beyond.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Developed in secret like Greer's SEASPOWER scam-sham? Scientist in hiding. LOL.

Vic

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
he long history of independent inventors being squashed, all the way back to Tesla and beyond.

Tesla was harly squashed. He is responsible for the AC electricl grid used throughout the world. In my opinion, Westinghouse cheated him out of a fortune, but still, the man was a genius with all that went with it. I highly recommend Tesla: Man out of Time by Margaret Cheney. Touchstone: 2001, which is a very good biography of Tesla and his works.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

B-2
F-117

These planes were in existence in the 60's (maybe earlier), but did not go public until the 1st Gulf War. Can the military hide technologies from public view? Absolutely. Are they doing it now? I don't see why not. they did it with the B-2 and F-117, I see no reason to believe they wouldn't continue to do so.

You gotta remember, allowing the public to know about our technologies would mean allowing our enemies to know about them as well. Especially via the internet. The military is extremely good at keeping secrets, and you probably won't know what they're working on right now until the year 2030 or so...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hey Don,
I completely agree with your suppositions...I don't recall a time when our media outlets dedicated as much airtime to Roswell as this past anniversary. Even more, the History Channel and Discovery seem to be playing a great many UFO and Alien Life programs lately. I've always believed that Art imitates Life. And as such, i think it's entirely possible and plausible that they're preparing us us...to what ends...who knows?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

There is nothing to disclose. I know that is no fun, but one of these days the government of the world will go ahead and open up all their files and you will find nothing but blurry pictures, rotten videos and dated eyewitness testimony. The same thing you get on the internet every day.

You can't be serious.

What do you mean, there is nothing to disclose? What about the countless UFO signtings by high-ranking credible witnesses? You must be completely ignoring the facts if you think that the governments of the world are just hiding a bunch of blurry pictures in a vault.

What about Roswell? Not that that is the defining incident, but given the fact that there has been such an extensive coverup of this, why doesnt the government come out and say what happened? Instead we get some outlandish response, and are told that any UFO sightings are birds or swamp gas.

You are correct that I can get poor low-quality information on the internet everyday, but what makes you think that our government is hiding nothing from us.

Wake up and smell the coffee. There are things that the government is hiding, and they dont want you to know about. Thats why they are secret.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Tesla was harly squashed.

He lost all his funding, his lab was ransacked, and all his notes and documentation taken.

The same sort of story has happened to a lot of independent inventors. They are murdered, buried with lawsuits and beaurocracy, threatened into silence, bought out etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I dunno, as I watch TV, I see big corporations namely Geico, trying a a slow disclosure, trying to make it ok for reptiles to talk ect. For Humans to be cavemen ect.

This is just one small example but when the gecko is riding the ecalator talking about how geico takes motorbike insurance, then he says -as they zoom right in on his reptile face- "We wouldn't wan't anyone to look Foolish now would we."

Like looking like a reptile , and talking no less, wouldn't be such a foolish thing.

There's many more things like this I notice when i watch TV, I truely believe they are trying to slowly adjust our brains for full disclosure, and program our brains very subtely so we can handle it without too much shock.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh

B-2
F-117

These planes were in existence in the 60's (maybe earlier), but did not go public until the 1st Gulf War. Can the military hide technologies from public view? Absolutely. Are they doing it now? I don't see why not. they did it with the B-2 and F-117, I see no reason to believe they wouldn't continue to do so.

You gotta remember, allowing the public to know about our technologies would mean allowing our enemies to know about them as well. Especially via the internet. The military is extremely good at keeping secrets, and you probably won't know what they're working on right now until the year 2030 or so...

Those aircraft were not around in the 60's. In fact, the dissertation for a Russian's PhD on radar propogation and theory that lead to the design concept of the F-117 wasn't even finished until the mid 60's I beleive. The first prototype aircraft based on this theory was flown in the mid 70's, (the Have Blue project). The first F-117 prototype flew in late 79 I beleive, and the first squadron stood up in 1983. All this is verifiied by Lockheed and the Air Force as the F-117 is going into retirement and will no longer be flown, some are already stored away in the boneyard. Actually not the boneyard but back in Tonopah, were they originally were based before moving to Holloman. Very little is classified about the F-117 anymore (other then the composite materials make up).

The Advanced Technology Bomber concpet goes back to the early 70's, but earnest work on the what would become of the B-2 didn't start until the early 80's.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh, as far as the disclosure, the History Channel has been doing an all day "UFO files" marathon today. They often do the marathons, but I just found it kind of interesting that was today's. They seem to be showing there UFO stuff more often.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah!, I started a thread last month in relation to exactly the same topic!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whether they (the media) see it as opportunistic (sell more papers) or it was a 'slow news day' (gotta have something), or that the stigma of 'nutjob' for people reporting ufo's, anomolies etc, has now just become unfashionable. Personally I think something relating to the 'real' truth will out as people and news reporters start getting bigger gonads.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't think that their broadcasting these programs is opportunistic, or that it is a slow news day (that only applies for news media).

What I do wonder is wether someone is telling them to broadcast more ET type programming, or if they are just doing it due to high viewership? More viewers mean better ratings, and more controversial subject matter can lead to more viewers.

I think that those two factors are the driving force behind all of the "alternative" programming as of late, but I still dont get what the heading of the programming block I watched was for? What or who is in carge of "The Takeover"?

Is this just good old fashioned American fearmongering at work?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join