It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gradual public disclosure via mainstream media?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I know that this subject has been touched on many times before within the halls of ATS, but after watching a program on Discovery, it made me wonder if the mainstream media is trying to get the public accustomed to the idea of alien beings on Earth.

This stems from the program "Conspiracy Test" which was billed under an umbrella title of "The Takeover". This program was dedicated to abductees who claim to have been tagged with Alien implants. It just made me think, what are they trying to brainwash us with? What does the title Conspiracy test imply

The takeover? I mean come on, are they trying to instill us with fear or tell us that aliens are coming to take over the planet.

With the amount of mainstream media outlets legitimately covering UFO sightings and experiences, are we being prepped for a gradual public disclosure?

Maybe I am overanalyzing the subject matter, but I just thought it was kind of odd.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Don Wahn

This program was dedicated to abductees who claim to have been tagged with Alien implants.

First, how does one "dedicate" anything to something
that's not proven to exist ?

With the amount of mainstream media outlets legitimately covering UFO sightings and experiences,

What media do you refer to, here ?

Maybe I am overanalyzing the subject matter

Hmmmm...could be.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I also get the idea we are being led in that direction. Ever since I saw FOX News.com with a crop circle on it's front page and there seemed to be an unusual focus by the mainstream media on the anniversary of Roswell.

Surprisingly enough, none of the national news coverage treated the UFO believers as nutso's, that fact in itself makes one wonder what they are pushing.

Vikturtle

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
This stems from the program "Conspiracy Test" which was billed under an umbrella title of "The Takeover". This program was dedicated to abductees who claim to have been tagged with Alien implants. It just made me think, what are they trying to brainwash us with? What does the title Conspiracy test imply

Where have you heard of this? I've never seen it before. Not surprising, as I enjoy living beneath my rock. Do you have a source for further information?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There is no secret cabal of media types controlling the release of ufo related programming in an effort to propel "soft" disclosure. I should not need to elaborate on this, so I'll just use one word...capitalism. If you can't take it from there...well....

And another thing, UFO's have been in the media, movies and TV CONSTANTLY for the last 40+ years. Some of the top 100 movies and tv shows of ALL time are sci fi. So I ask you, how long is this secret cabal of media controllers going to let this stuff go before disclosure happens, lol.

There is nothing to disclose. I know that is no fun, but one of these days the government of the world will go ahead and open up all their files and you will find nothing but blurry pictures, rotten videos and dated eyewitness testimony. The same thing you get on the internet every day.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

First, how does one "dedicate" anything to something
that's not proven to exist ?

What media do you refer to, here ?

Cheers Lex.

The dedication reference meant that the whole focus of the program was about "alien implants". Thats just what Discovery Channel decided to title the program, nothing from me. I guess it was just a bad word choice on my part.

The media I was refering to was FOX news, MSNBC, CNN. Specifically in reference to the O'Hare sightings. But there have been assorted random stories at other times.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
SciFi already blew it wide open with the exposee on the Ramey Memo. If you don't have enough proof at this point, you wouldn't even believe in an alien if a grey shook your hand.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You could see anything you want with the blurry memo, lol. But if that's what it took you to believe "they're here" then you might be a little too eager too believe and you will get taken for a ride by 99% of the bs about ufos thats out there.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
OK, give me an acceptable alternate text for the memo...nothing else logically fits.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nothing else logically fits? Based on what logic? Those characters could be anything, but because many believe it involved aliens and ufos they interject what they want it to say. Logically, it doesn't say anything on that blurry piece of paper.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So, ITF, I challenge you to provide me with an alternate explanation that fits. Bear in mind that only a very limited set of characters will work for each word.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
And another thing, UFO's have been in the media, movies and TV CONSTANTLY for the last 40+ years. Some of the top 100 movies and tv shows of ALL time are sci fi.

Distractions and disinfo.

There is nothing to disclose.

Except for all the advanced technologies which are being developed in secret and withheld from the masses.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Where's the proof of these ultra-advanced techs?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
So, ITF, I challenge you to provide me with an alternate explanation that fits. Bear in mind that only a very limited set of characters will work for each word.

Read bodysnatchers in the "Desert by Nick Redfern" The "victims" would have been the test pilots.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You wouldn't consider all the weird stuff at Nellis and the Belgian triangles "ultra-advanced?"

No proof its alien, but it's still freaking way beyond what we "officially" have in the arsenal.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I do not think the victims were human pilots-the wreckage did not resemble any sort of human piloted aircraft.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I do not think the victims were human pilots-the wreckage did not resemble any sort of human piloted aircraft.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnDirtyApe

You wouldn't consider all the weird stuff at Nellis and the Belgian triangles "ultra-advanced?"

No proof its alien, but it's still freaking way beyond what we "officially" have in the arsenal.

And you know those are "ours" how?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Many original 'players' in ufology have recently on their deathbeds confessed the truth about Roswell. I do not need disclosure anymore - when I am dying being a christian I would not confess a lie for nobody - so if you want governments to disclose the truth you are not going to get it without a fight. The entity (government, secret society, power hungry military/ political complex) does not die

It will take an enlightened and people orientated politician to blow this one open and even then some humans will still not believe - they need physical face to face proof.

we love secrets and power or I should say 'they' - they win all the time, they have the power, we don't.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnDirtyApe

And you know those are "ours" how?

I'm not saying they belong to anybody in particular, only that there is solid evidence that advanced crafts are out there. How advanced? I can't say since I'm not in the black ops world - but in addition to the Nellis stuff and the Belgian wave, I've seen pics of knotted aircraft contrails and satellite pics of contrails that span half the globe.

I'd say it all adds up to SOME sort of propulsion systems not generally acknowledged. Doesn't have to be anti-gravity proper, could be nuclear, ionic, ultra advanced scramjet etc. Plus just use common sense - current equipment in the field is years - often decades - old. State of the art stuff still in the research phase is bound to be way ahead of the current line. When was the Raptor started? 1986 I think?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by DamnDirtyApe]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join