It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Cream lady involved in local power outage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
my local area had a power outage today. a couple blocks wide...

i was putting my dinner in the microwave...and my wife yelled.."what was that?!"..and our power went out...she heard a boom before the power went out....i stepped outside...with others in our apartment complex going out as well....and suddenly....i heard....the ice cream music....

it was near 100* today....and when the power went out...everyone stepped outside....i saw her driving up and down the blocks...where the power was out.....

when she got near enough...i asked for some ice cream....and she said..."i'm glad i just happend to be in the area...this is the best buisness i ever had"

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, transformers make a loud pop when they overload - maybe the breaker tripping makes the noise, or a small explosion, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Could have overloaded with all the air conditioners running at max? Most likly just a coincidence, I'm betting she would have had a good business day even if the power didn't go out on such a hot day.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i've never seen the ice cream truck in this area..... and she only hit up the blocks without electricity.....

just mighty coincidental....

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
A coincidence up until she realized that thats where the business was at.

Possibly a group of ice cream trucks and the power to take out the power and go around using it to their own advantage, Any markings on the side, pentagrams, upside down crosses?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055
Any markings on the side, pentagrams, upside down crosses?

no...but i do find it strange that all the icecream labled "poison" was the only thing she was selling.......jk....

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is a strange coincidence that I just happened on this thread. I have had two similar experiences within the last two weeks, though sans ice cream lady. A loud crack, like an explosion, followed by the power going out for a second. There were two separate incidents. The first time it happened was about 10 days ago. The power flicked off then on in an instant.
The second incident happened today. The same thing occurred except that the power went out a second time a few minutes later. This time it stayed off for about 5 minutes, then came on normally.
The crack was loud enough to draw our neighbours out of their homes to check out what was going on. There was nothing to be seen, no faulty transformers, no repair crews, nothing. The power came back on and everything was normal.
Anybody have any theories as to what is happening?

I should point out that the weather was not a factor as both days were sunny and pleasant, with no obvious cloud cover.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by TheComte]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Has the Power Companies given any reason for the power outage?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by meurig
Has the Power Companies given any reason for the power outage?

Not that I am aware of.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
power company said nothing other than it'd be back on by 1030pm

*my last post for the next two months*

new topics

top topics

join