It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphones as a weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
First of all, I have no prove, it's just a small theory, and I hope I am wrong.
But I am often thinking about that cellphones can be used as a weapon.

They started with cigarettes, but they didn't achieve their goal for a "big smoking world". Nowadays, nearly everyone has a cellphone, even in pour country's like mine (Bulgaria) i see often even kids not over 10 years old - but with their own cellphone.

An Bulgarian physic cooked an egg with only 2 cellphones for less then an hour. He just called from cell phone one to cell phone 2, put them around the egg. After one hour, the egg was cooked. Google for this experiment, there were more in the US, UK etc. I believe the Discovery Channel was the first.

Anyway, how do you think? Are cell phones harmless? Or can they be used as a weapon, maybe for causing more brain cancer (more medication/operations equals more money) ?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
if you're implying that there's a consipiracy by the government to have companies manufacture brain melting phones i'd say you were looking too hard. as you said yourself you have no evidence so i'm not sure what there is to discuss.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No, I am not saying it, I am just thinking out loud and want to hear if other people share the same idea with me.

I like to connect it to HAARP. As we all know, cell phones use 5 different frequencies (bands). There where also some threads on ATS about some military projects that used sound waves and/or a special frequency combined with a signal to destroy buildings. Even levitation of objects controlled by frequencies/waves.

I am not saying that the manufacturers know about this. But what if HAARP can send out some signal, like in those military projects? Is this technically possible?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
if there are links all over the internet for the experiment with the egg, why not post one yourself, it would help your theory a little bit at least. I never heard of the government with the cigarrettes thing to create a smoker world either

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

An Bulgarian physic cooked an egg with only 2 cellphones for less then an hour. He just called from cell phone one to cell phone 2, put them around the egg. After one hour, the egg was cooked. Google for this experiment, there were more in the US, UK etc. I believe the Discovery Channel was the first.

This was totally bogus. There's not enough power output in two cellphones to even heat the egg to the point you could measure it without lab instrumentation, even then it would be tough.

It's always a good idea to know something about how the common things in your world work, so you can sort out stuff like this.

The original concept came from a website which is somewhat like The Onion - it's a parody site. From there, the story had a new "wrapper" put on by Komsomolskaya Pravda, which is about as reliable as Weekly World News, which claimed it was two Bulgarians, or two Russians, or what not.

Here is an interview with the originator.

At about the same time, reportedly, the hosts of the U.K. TV show "Brainiac: Science Abuse" attempted a more dramatic version of the experiment, arraying 100 cell phones around a single egg and dialing them up all at once. The result? At the end of the "cooking" process, the egg wasn't even warm.

Here is an article on it, with a link to the KP site.

Anyway, how do you think? Are cell phones harmless? Or can they be used as a weapon, maybe for causing more brain cancer (more medication/operations equals more money) ?

I think they're a distraction while driving. Maybe it's a plot by car manufacturers to get us to have more wrecks so we'll have to buy new cars.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
it has potential, but u need a little more. ive seen the experiments but i doubt enough energy will transmit, especially since they have tightend down on the required energy discharges.

new topics

top topics

join