It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the garden of Eden was a prison ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
whats my views ? on Eden as a prision or Eden as a different planet ?

Eden as a planet :

I guess there is a huage chance that it could of been another planet, alot of it would make sence i guess, i think ill do some research into it, see if i can dig any thing up.

Eden as a Prision :

Look back at my old posts and you'll see wht i think to that.

well thats all i got to say right nwo Trauma, whats your views on every thign thats going on ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just do not know.

I really do not know even how this website here on the forum works yet either.

I just do not know.

Link about Garden of Eden -- from Ellie I guess.
www.crystalinks.com...

I read some then went to some other pages, and got lost trying to shine a flashlight up into my face, in the dark as she mentioned, and looking at my eyeballs. I did not see anything there either except my eyeballs.

Well, there is a lot of info there at that website -- I just do not know how accurate any of it is though.

www.crystalinks.com...

A person can go from A to Z there.
??

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It seems to be a flatfoot investigation.

www.presstv.ir...

www.reuters.com...

"This could go back about two million years," said Zahi Hawass, the secretary general of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities. "It could be the most important discovery in Egypt," he told Reuters.

It could be as old as Lucy, but it looks like a human footprint. Maybe the time scale is wrong or Genesis starts out with the Jew's history starting up in the middle east or so.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mrmanuva

I can't remember the name, but I saw a program recently that had a good quote something like - "man has not evolved in a major fashion for thousands of years, because he is intelligent and adapts his environment to him rather than the opposite way round, as in the case of animals."

I came across this painting in another ATS thread. The three ages of man by Titian/Giorgione Circa 1512 and the "tree of knowledge" from the Garden isn't much more than a trunk with a root system. Giorgione died at age 33 of the plague in 1510 and Titian completed the painting.
Ingmar Bergman framed a similar scene with a trunk in front of a church from the same plague epoch in Sweden.

It appears the "angel" is looking at two pyramids at the bottom right, one Bent with two distinctly different angles to the sides.

So I guess it might be 2500 BC, welcome to hell.

Or maybe prison came later with Salome and people like John the baptist?

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vixion

If we were created in God imagine to serve.

Which considering all the attendance and monies, most organised religious practices, would have us believe god requires and demands in spades.

Then i imagine Eden could have been more of a Workhouse/training Zoo than a prison.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Training zoo rings a bell with me.
I recall a dream where I was abducted by a Sphinx like alien complete with alien technology that didn't exist on Earth at the time. One thing I'm quite certain of though was that the alien was female. So I'm guessing she was the more deadly version of the sphinx that appeared in the myth and drama of Oedipus. The question in the riddle "what kind of animal" fits well as she classified by number of legs rather than any perceived difference in behavior or intelligence. Apparently the four legged variety gave her the unconditional love she was looking for.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vixion
I was just thinking that, they were told to do certain things and they coudlnt leave unless they did some thing wrong, and that they couldnt survive out side the garden. sounds liek propoganda for imprisonment, or they were telling the truth and God in all his mercy throw them out and let them die, one or the other.

Take Care, Vix

Well i guess you could make that argument we know eden had a barrier and the only way to enter it was the Cave of Machpelah that Adam guards the entrance. That cave leads to a gate which is guarded by a cherub with a flaming sword. If a soul is unworthy of entering, the sword annihilates it. So there would be guards at a gate. What i found strange was there had to be people outside the garden. In Genesis 4 : 16,17 it is said that Cain settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden and that he knew his wife and had a son named Enoch. Could not have been his sister because the bible is very strict on that point So there is something that the bible doest mention at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: an0maly33

Maybe it was a prison for the good run by agents of Lucifer?

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A prison with everything you, need, sunshine, rainbows, lolipops an a giant eye for days, ether a Zoo or a 5 star resort.

The real prison was love an marriage, with no friends or neighbors in a god forsaken desert, stuck together for the rest of eternity. Adam was cursed to plow the field like an ox an go home, an Eve complained about the joys of childbirth an stuck with the kids for days.
edit on 22-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

In a parallel, Adam an Steve are still there...lost in paradise, instead paradise lost.
edit on 22-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

The sun worshipers were in Egypt 3000 years ago, but in the Titian painting I linked the alien is holding a second flute.
Wind instruments date back much earlier than stringed instruments.
Alien imprisonment with a 1902 Greek bouzouki seems less likely in 1510.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: an0maly33

i personally believe that any god that behaves the way it is portrayed in the bible doesn't deserve to be worshipped. chronic temper tantrums involving mass destruction and punishment of the race he created and claims to love unconditionally. if my son decided he wasn't going to become a doctor even though i really wanted him to, i wouldn't kill him and his siblings. that rationale doesn't fit with any enlightened consciousness. i know that's a weak analogy but the essence of the argument is sound IMO.

God did not create any race of humanoids. God created one man only and from that man all races of humans were procreated by corruption and choice only. God had nothing to do with the desires of the procreated races. All procreation had free choice of what they wanted to do with no interference from the Creator.

The only times God intervened were when people threatened His sovereignty and His absolutes. Even then the act has to be committed against the Creator before the Creator acts in defense of His absolute authority. If you or I do not like this home that God built for us then we are free to build our own but meanwhile God has the right to do whatever He desires with what He owns. He gives you that right also.

You blame the Creator of your creation without understanding that you and I both have no case in faulting the Creator and in fact we are to blame for every act of every thought we perform.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

That's one seriously misunderstood deity, or at least anthropomorphism of such.

Gnosticism, usually reveres the image of Lucifer, not as the devil, but as a destroyer, or even as a guardian or liberator.

Then there is the light bringer aspect which surrounds the fellow and the connection to Venus the Morning Star.

The Holy Roman Church Of St Peter did not like Gnosticism much, or any other sort of challenge to there complete control over the hearts and minds of there misguided devotees aka us.

Hence the reason Lucifer became Satan, the devil, as the world spun, and after Christianity had wiped the better part of the Cathar people from the face of the planet.
edit on 23-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well i guess you could make that argument we know eden had a barrier and the only way to enter it was the Cave of Machpelah that Adam guards the entrance. That cave leads to a gate which is guarded by a cherub with a flaming sword. If a soul is unworthy of entering, the sword annihilates it. So there would be guards at a gate. What i found strange was there had to be people outside the garden. In Genesis 4 : 16,17 it is said that Cain settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden and that he knew his wife and had a son named Enoch. Could not have been his sister because the bible is very strict on that point So there is something that the bible doest mention at all.

Nod was not outside of Eden. Nod was eastward in Eden. No children were procreated in the Garden of Eden. Cain was the firstborn child outside of the Garden and his brother Able was the second born child outside of Eden. Each child had a twin sister.

The cave of Machpelah was owned by other tribesmen of Hittite and purchased by Abraham to bury his dead. This was in the 20th century BCE and had nothing to do with Adam. I think you are really mixed up.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Eden was the "beta release" of existence created by the insane demiurge Saklas / Yadalbaoth to try and come up with a functioning ecosystem. Unfortunately, Ishtar / Asherah was a little ahead of him and managed to imbue early humans with much more intelligence and self-awareness than they were at first given. Asherah is the serpent in the tree, bringer of knowledge and healing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join