It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major throat problems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
On July 3, 2007

I went to a party. One of the mixed drinks didn't go down right. Over the next week I had more and more problems swallowing food. I finally went to a doctor and he said I had a strep virus. I took penicillin for a week and it got a little better. But not completely better. I've gone back but the doctor says I'm fine. But now tiny particles of food catch in my throat and stay there for a day or two. I'm looking to see if anyone else has ever heard of anything like this.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
On July 3, 2007

I went to a party. One of the mixed drinks didn't go down right. Over the next week I had more and more problems swallowing food. I finally went to a doctor and he said I had a strep virus. I took penicillin for a week and it got a little better. But not completely better.

Did the Doc actually take a swab of your throat?

I would go back to the Doc and ask for a swab and thorough diagnosis.
I have neve had the feeling of something being stuck in my throat but when I did have a throat infection, my throat just felt gritty. Perhaps you need a repeat prescription and have you tried a throat gargle?

If I feel a sore throat coming on, I go straight to the Chemist and buy betadine throat gargle. It is fantastic stuff and if I use it as soon as the symptoms appear, it doesn't develop any further.

new topics

join