It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia to purchase "Son of Star Wars" Defence System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Australia is in secret talks at the moment in the hope of procuring several missiles which will be the start of a defence network.

The "Son of Star Wars" project is next on the australian government's To Do list.

And this technology is not cheap. I personally believe the money could be better spent elsewhere... Like updating our seriously delapidated F1-11 Strike Force...

Or even maybe providing weapons and weapon system for our sea wasp helicopters.

This also starts the debate as to whether australia is gearing for the inevitable.. Howard has crawled so far up the ass of GDubya maybe the US has given our government a tidbit..and a tasty one at that.

Your thoughts people..

Chris

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
And?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
yeah well I pressed the wrong button advisor!!! gimme a break... I just came back from holidays you know

Chris

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
How did you know?

*Hands the untouched half over*

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Canada is also in on this too, if I am correct.
Will try to find article but saw it last night before getting offline.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its four (4):

Japan:
Link:
www.channelnewsasia.com...

Australia and India"
Link:
www.washtimes.com...

and "Canada"
Link:
www.globeandmail.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
looks like GW is placing missiles in strategic areas around the world to gain loyal support.

Australia- We are right next door to sth east asia and inodnesia (already known to accomodate many terror cells and never puts much effort into anti-terror policies)... also the philipine, malaysia and singapore all have terror cells and are only a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Iniad- Next door to pakistan... enough said i think... central asia and mid-east easily accesible... (this will cause problems as pakistan and india constantly have nukes pointed at each other and if one get a defense system who knows what will happen)

Japan- a short swim to china and nth korea... communist zone.

Canada- i dont understand what strategic importance this would have accept possibly a good will gesture to a neighbour.

Now we'll see in 10 years the USA will be regretting giving some of this tech out as history repeats intself and allies become enemies.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Looks like Australia has pissed the chinese off with this little missle fiasco.

China is totally against this ( I wonder why) as they say it seriously damages no-proliferation efforts.

What get's me is that this is all just talk at the moment. A national airing of idea's that may in another light been better kept a little more secret.

No money has been allocated to this theatre of defense as yet.

chris

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I dunno if pissing the chinese off is a good idea... although not officially a 'superpower' they probably have the strongest military in the region... butthen again before they got to us down under we'd probably know they were on the way

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
...don't worry...us Kiwis will come to your aid with our...ummm....our *checks latest ever-decreasing stats on NZ Military*...our 4 inflatable row boats, 3 kites with angry faces painted on them, one rather sharp stick...and a mountain of empty beer bottles...

...sweet as then man...you're safe as houses!

...you could always just play Rolf Harris' Jake The Peg at any invading enemies...thats sure to drive them off...

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by alien]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Didn't NZ scrap their Airforce and much of their navy? You'd think they'd wanna strenghten up on those things being an island and all... oh well theres heaps of room here for our kiwi bretheren if you become a district of china

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wheres the UK in this? *raises brow*

Perhaps we did Iraq 2003 in order to get free protection!

I know they're going to be using fylingdales and menwith hill to aid, but it doesnt seem like we're actually paying for anything, and still we're going to be included.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Wheres the UK in this? *raises brow*

Perhaps we did Iraq 2003 in order to get free protection!

I know they're going to be using fylingdales and menwith hill to aid, but it doesnt seem like we're actually paying for anything, and still we're going to be included.

The UK probably already has some sort of missile defence system in the pipeline akin to the US... the reason Aus is gettign this i think is because of our minor involvement in iraq... the US now see us as a sheriff in the asia area

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Didn't NZ scrap their Airforce and much of their navy? You'd think they'd wanna strenghten up on those things being an island and all... oh well theres heaps of room here for our kiwi bretheren if you become a district of china

...mate...half of us are over there anyway...been to Bondi lately???

NZ is just a quiet little place...don't think anyone would bother about us. And if the Chinese wanna come get some...well...I like Fried Rice...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Noy just bondi buddy... try anywhere between blacktown and penrith in western sydney... i like to call it NZ2

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
The "Son of Star Wars" project is next on the australian government's To Do list.

And this technology is not cheap. I personally believe the money could be better spent elsewhere... Like updating our seriously delapidated F1-11 Strike Force...

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by OzChris]

Regarding the F-111 force, Australia is in fact getting the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter... Stealth technology, supersonic, nimble as an F-16 (hopefully) and vertical take off like the Harrier. Don't worry about your strike force, it'll be just fine~

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
india, japan, canada and australia are working on this with the US, i bet china is the reason we are developing this, incase of a war started by china ever happens, i mean north korea and china lobbing nukes or biological weapons at the US, japan, south korea and taiwan are very likely in such a situation and im sure canada prefers us as a neighbor more than china or a poisoned southern border, also india sure wont want china dominating them in their back yard nor would australia.

i see this as one part of a long term plan to defend against an aggressive china and likely against north korea too.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If you look at the geographical placing of these missiles it certainly does suggest some sort of defensive measure against china... the placing kind defensive semi-circle around china... only the north is un-blocked... but i guess the USA doesnt quite trust Russia as yet

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Regarding the F-111 force, Australia is in fact getting the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter... Stealth technology, supersonic, nimble as an F-16 (hopefully) and vertical take off like the Harrier. Don't worry about your strike force, it'll be just fine~

Yeah in the year 2154!!!

Those aircraft aren't gonna be much use to use if we don't get them like yesterday. Besides the only things those F1-11 do these days is lighting up 3 metre fuel flames behind them doing fly by's at major race car championships......

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
Yeah in the year 2154!!!

Those aircraft aren't gonna be much use to use if we don't get them like yesterday. Besides the only things those F1-11 do these days is lighting up 3 metre fuel flames behind them doing fly by's at major race car championships......

Actually I think you guys down south start taking delivery of the F-35 in the latter part of 2008....

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by intelgurl]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join