It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixth Extinction and the perfect utopia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
OK...a long time ago i read a book called the sixth extinction that delved into the realms of ELE`s and evolution.
1 of the subjects it pondered was something called the perfect utopia...which as i understood was the perfect conglomeration of mankind(womankind?)in perfect peace....but what the authors explained as the measurable freetime of any given civilisation/race...they stated that the most utopic(is that a real word?)civilisation/race in the world is a tribe inhabiting somewhere in central africa...they would hunt for 2-3 hours a week and that would supply the tribe with enough food for a week...they would then spend most of there time gambling by throwing bones onto a mat and see how they landed...do any of you brains on ATS(and i know there are lots)have an idea of what is the civilisation/race that is closest to utopia....and do you think that there is another possible measure of that elusive PERFECT UTOPIA?

edit to post link found to possible book read...it was a long time ago...sorry

www.actionbioscience.org...

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Heratix]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Any aboriginal tribe in any land "pre-raped by the europeans" are by far the only groups that could make up a utopian society. By looking at the ones that stuck with their old traditions, they seem almost primitive....as they barely make a mark on the planet, as they have a respect for nature and all of it's workings. Humans all over have a habbit of being greedy and stupid, if that were not true, we would all be living in a pollution free technological masterpiece of a planet. Not saying that old tribal ways are bad....just saying that for humans to really have a utopia, is for them to have nothing but a few sticks and a supply of food for a week.
I see no reason why we all shouldn't be flying around in our pollution free Jetson mobiles in a perfect utopia of a planet....other than the fact that someone somewhere want's more money and power.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a (close to) perfect utopia?

we had several years of TV documentary of that group....
it was called 'Gilligan's Island'

[edit on 2-8-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
I see no reason why we all shouldn't be flying around in our pollution free Jetson mobiles in a perfect utopia of a planet....other than the fact that someone somewhere want's more money and power.

I agree completely. Besides, most people today (including myself
)would be unable to live w/ out the conveniences of the modern world. We've had them for so long that they have literally become our basis of living.

top topics

join