It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significance of the ending of the year 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It seems as though that many people are forming their oppinions on what will happen at the end of the year 2012. The discovery of the Mayan long date calander ending in December 23, 2012 has been the seed to an amazing amount of speculation. The Mayan message says: the Fifth Sun, it seems, is going to come to an end on December 23, 2012 AD.

When one types in the date 2012, on an internet search, many links come up relating to either an end of world condition or a new age of enlightenment.
One interesting site I found on this matter is found at this address:

www.12-12-12.org...

Is the end of the world coming? Are the aliens coming? Is the NWO at hand? Pole shift? New rotation of the Planet(Sun comes up in the west)? New Age of World Peace and Global Brotherhood?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
How many of these theories were there for the whole Y2K scare? Sounds like some more paranoia to me. Of course, if Im wrong, I will be eating my words on X-mas eve eve 2012...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
But what if the ideas posted on www.12-12-12.org could come about? Could global peace and the elimination of extreme poverty occur by the year 2012?

Andronicos 'TG' , the worlds first Cyberspace Global Ruler is very pleased that you mentioned His site in your postings.

Here's a question for those who like to investigate the strange.. If you add the longtitude and latitude of certain point on Earth, what adds up to 666?

Yours in peace

Press Office of 12-12-12.org

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
the fifth sun can be interpreted as another epoch, or more specifically, a change in the Sun's solar cycles which can and have been monitored and predicted over time.

alternatively, it could have something to do with the "sun" at the center of our galaxy; the supermassive blackhole thak keeps the Milky Way swirling.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I really cant world peace ever happening, but yes i would be glad to eat my words if it ever happened..but unlikely. The Mayan's definatly did have alot of knowledge about Astrology, time will tell

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I hope that 2012 turns out to be something good, like a new age of enlightenment that is different from today.

I also remember that Y2K was all hyped as being the end of the world, and I even betted with my friend 20 bucks it would not end, he still hasn't paid up!

Perhaps this will come to be commercialized as well, with major corporations cashing on the mass hysteria as the time approaches.

I hope that 2012 brings good things for humanity, and if anyone gets visions about 2012, let us know.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I hope that 2012 turns out to be something good, like a new age of enlightenment that is different from today.

What, like some kinda 46&2 shyt?

The only thing that will happen years-end, 2012, is at midnight, we'll enter 2013. Same crap, different year.

I will usher it in by smoking a BIG cigar, as I don't drink.

If something should actually happen, at least I'll have my cigar

[Edited on 1/13/2004 by JuanBond]

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
It seems as though that many people are forming their oppinions on what will happen at the end of the year 2012. The discovery of the Mayan long date calander ending in December 23, 2012 has been the seed to an amazing amount of speculation. The Mayan message says: the Fifth Sun, it seems, is going to come to an end on December 23, 2012 AD.

Very nice to see that the first post of this thread, from 2004, talks about December 23, and not December 21.

I remember that many people used to say the end of the Mayan calendar would be on December 23, 2012, and not December 21...

edit on 24-5-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join