It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration looks to push through surveillance changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Administration looks to push through surveillance changes

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

The Bush administration is looking to speed through a “significantly narrowed” group of changes to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act before Congress leaves Washington for its August recess.

One of them would ensure U.S. authorities could intercept on communications between suspected terrorists overseas without a warrant when those communications — due to modern technology — may travel through a switch in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Court rejects Ohio domestic spying suit
Judge criticizes warrantless wiretaps
Bush administration pulls back on surveillance agreement

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Again, more changes are being requested to something that has worked very well since it's implementation. I'm willing to bet that if the Bush Administration gets any changes made, it's not just going to be for foreigners.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is what annoys me, they pass these things one small part at a time so no-one notices the bigger picture. This is an infringement on our rights that they couldnt care less about. When i try and speak to people about this sort of thing they just brush it off cuz it seems so small and minute in the bigger scheme of things. It's not right that they can pass things like this so quickly, I'm gutted!! And if i could somehow give all this information to the world 10 years ago, There would be an uproar....."no way that will ever happen in my country, I'm free". Its a joke that people don't realise that the N.W.O. will be drip-fed to the unconcious masses over such a long period of time that they wont know whats hit them till its to late!?!

And when will that be? When u watch ur kids grow up in a world where every ill spoken word against the government deems them a terrorist, Where every word ever spoken is analized by a computer, where every single trait is recorded on a chip implanted in ur brain that probably sends out frequencies that dumb u down enough to not object or care? Or in 10 years time when people decide to hold a peacefull protest and get gunned down for perverting public opinion of the N.W.O?

Sure things might be okay and possibly peacefull, but only if every person who actually gives a s--t has been locked away or brainwashed enough to think that theres nothing un-moral about the way the world is going.

i apolagise.....rant over

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Invisus,

No apology necessary. Your rant is warranted.

I agree with you on this point of passing bills and laws one step at a time, as to not raise an alarm. It's very hard to raise awareness to anyone in the "main stream" way of thinking because that's just it, they don't think. They don't WANT to think. That's why they elect officials to think for them.

The world is in a sad state and I'm not sure that it can be fixed now.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Invisus,

You are well within your right to rant about what is going on. As well, I agree that you bring up a very good point. It's kind of like boiling that frog.

tyranny22,

Sure it can be fixed. Those in office were elected by us, to represent us. It's time to hold them accountable. Like I made clear in the last paragraph here.

It's time to hold everyone in our elected Government accountable.

I just hope like hell that more and more people get exposed to the truth that the Bush Administration is only trying to tear down the one thing that stands between their goal of intruding on every aspect of the American peoples lives and our Constitutional Rights/Freedoms.... in this case, the 4th Amendment

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I see youy flashing that letter around an awfull lot,but the letters are useless man.at most you wil;l get annoying not bring change.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
can we fire the lot of them if they don't read the danged thing before they pass it??

still like my idea......bribe the clerk that is responisble for typing the bill out to be passed on for the congress to review, to add a few extra lines that effectively fires them all, congress and president, and well, set up some kind of lottery that will replace them till special elections can be held...

probably wouldn't work, but I bet it would be a nice big piece of humble pie for them all to eat!! might actually teach them all to actually read some of the crap they are passing into law!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
I see youy flashing that letter around an awfull lot,but the letters are useless man.at most you wil;l get annoying not bring change.

Ahh... not immediate change. But change none the less. As well, at least he knows that I will hold him accountable for his misrepresentation.

The letters are not useless. They are in fact peaceful means of protesting, guaranteed a right to me, under the 1st Amendment.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invisus
This is what annoys me, they pass these things one small part at a time so no-one notices the bigger picture.

Just let them do what ever surveillence, and then whne its too late people will speak out. While they laugh at those they know that have been destroyed by the technologies, these people living in a dream deny it will ever happen to them.

Thats why i say just let them bring in everything, and we will see at the end of this nwo stuff when the powers that be have everything they want. The people of the west deserve everything they get from there governments.

When i see the rubbish brown and bush claim about respecting liberty and a persons right to live, what hypocrisy. These two societies are virtually police states(and before any one says it s not, do not bother responding to me, because you people just live in a dream).

top topics

join