It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Underwater Lost City 'Could Rewrite History'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd As you know, lava is "melted rocks". The center of the Earth is a core of molten iron, and above that is a huge layer of molten material. The surface is cooled crust of this molten material. What you haven't thought about is how stuff squeezed out of the core is going to cause the sphere to expand to nearly twice its old volume.

I know no such thing... the core is SOLID a huge marble of Iron... gotta keep up with the flow, as it were...

Says So Right Here
Nevada Seismological Laboratory

These Guys Agree - Live Science

Sooo would seem your knowledge is a tad out of date..

Berkeley Lab I trust... They too vote SOLID

And National Geographic reports this...
Huge Underground "Ocean" Found Beneath Asia

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hahaha!
Way a go Zorgon!

I just love it!
The science keeps shifting and making us look more and more stupid!
It makes it self look even more stupid and unreliable!
More it shifts it proves how ignorant we are and were..
We truly know nothing

But we are on a good way..
..to find out that our earth is hollow..quantum physics..atlantis..aliens..reptile bush..karma..vedas..
its all coming up

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhuzha
The science keeps shifting and making us look more and more stupid!
It makes it self look even more stupid and unreliable!

Actually it proves that science is fluid and able to adapt to new discoveries and theory's. It shows that science continues to grow and evolve with each new piece of evidence found.
Now if you were speaking about religion then i would agree with you.

Originally posted by zhuzha
More it shifts it proves how ignorant we are and were..
We truly know nothing

All it proves is that we are continuing to learn and accept the truth as we grow, that is the opposite of ignorance.
You may not know anything but dont try and lump the rest of us in with you. We are continuing to learn.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I was talking about the acceptance of paradoxes my friend.

Religion and science are kind of the same in that sense.

Religion's dogmatism = science's scepticism.

New paradox - the earth's core is solid:

Do all the scientists at least accept this as an alternative and possible truth?

Or most just debunk this as false, sticking with their ignorance?

New paradoxes hardly ever get accepted by the current generations of scientists. They are rather forced to wait for that generation to die so that the new generation can live with those paradoxes from the time they are born.

What I was trying to say was...if we werent so ignorant...science could have brought us a lot further...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm curious to see how this region sat before continental drift. Maybe Byrd will drop by and provide her best link for the model of Pangea. I know she provided one before that was awesome but I can't seem to stumble or google onto that particular site.

Thanks for sharing this. It's stimulating a lot of possibilities in my wee li'l brain.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Marine archaeology is certainly going to be the source of major discovery's in the coming years. Here's another recent find.

8000 year old stone age settlement found just off the Isle of Wight believed to be from when Britain and Europe were linked.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The link is....gone....

Hmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
As regards underwater cities, many skeptics don't realise that during the last Ice Age the tideline was much lower, so low that the Mediteranean got cut off from the Atlantic and dried up. As a result, people may have settled south of Greece in Atlantis and when the Ice melted again, the Mediterranean basin would have flooded again, drowning the inhabitants of the city. Similar events would have likely occured around the world, like in Japan or India, or several other places we haven't yet found out about. Anyway, if the places are flooded, and have been for, say, 5000 to 10000 years, we won't be able to find out much about them anyway, will we?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I tend to second that idea Celtic

Another area susceptible to such a calamity is the Black Sea north of the Bosphorus. In those days the mediterranean was the entire world in the eyes of those who lived there.

Waterfront land frequently comes at a huge price doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
The link is....gone....

Hmmmmmm

Yep thats weird.
Found another link here about the 8000yr old stone age settlement found underwater.
If that one disappears the odds of a massive conspiracy go up.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I'm not sure you thought this one all the way through. As you know, lava is "melted rocks". The center of the Earth is a core of molten iron, and above that is a huge layer of molten material. The surface is cooled crust of this molten material. What you haven't thought about is how stuff squeezed out of the core is going to cause the sphere to expand to nearly twice its old volume. The amount of material imagined in that video would be equal to removing much of the lower layers of the Earth... and leaving what -- a vacuum? The earth's crust would just collapse back in the hole. Air? Same problem.

As I tell folks -- look at the ORIGINAL evidence! Look at the rocks themselves and see what they're telling.

Ummm... I did think about how the stuff squeezed out of the core causes the planet to expand..
it's to do with the places where the tectonic plates meet... mostly where earth quakes happen and where most of the under-sea volcanic vents are..

Every time you add a page to a book, the book gets bigger. every time lava squeezes through the crack of a tectonic plate, then this could very possibly aid the crack to widen and make the plates move further apart as more lava is added. as the new lava is cooled and solidifies, then more come to the surface and widens the crack again.

This will cause plates to rub against each other in other parts of the world as all the plates float on the inner liquid core. Hence making earth quakes.

The production of lava is as simple as the production of the materials on the surface of the sun.
the stored energy in the core combines with other stored forms of energy to make the final result of a surface.

if the surface of earth was constantly being re-melted and turned back into lava, then surely, someone somewhere would have noticed a difference on the known mapped surface.

whatever the truth of it.. seeing as historians and scientists are constantly proved wrong, the theoy itself makes for interesting thoughts

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. Wonder if it has links to Atlantis, or could be Atlantis?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm curious to see how this region sat before continental drift. Maybe Byrd will drop by and provide her best link for the model of Pangea.

The best I was able to come up with:

Also the plate tectonics process, for those who didn't already know.

More for Pangea:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

This is quite old news actually.

There was a TV programme about this several years ago on UK TV and even several months ago was reported to be under a lot of scruting by certain diving teams.

I dont think its that amazing a find as we have known for many years about changing sea levels.
Hell we even have our own sunken village off the east coast of the UK

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

sorry, ths story about the cuban ´city´ is debunked.
the´fotos´showed only scanning artifacts by the Side Scan Sonar, no real ruins.
an archeologist wrote me that. and because of that, national geographic stopped to investigate this.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by anti72]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
reply to post by Sys_Config

sorry, ths story about the cuban ´city´ is debunked.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by anti72]

It's not debunked, it's inconclusive.

If the pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan, Mexico crumbled because of some extreme seismic event and then sank into the earth it might look like the submerged scattered stones near western Cuba. The stones appear to be cut into rectanglular blocks, suggesting that they were stacked on top of one another to form a building.

The reason no one wants to investigate the site is because its too deep and because it's in Cuban waters. (Remember the embargo?) If there was an Atlantean (Toltec) warrior statue down in those depths it would have been worn down by the sand by now.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pyramid of the Sun

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
no, i dont think so.
NG will have some good reasons not to investigate any further.
why do you think there are no more reports about that ?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
about this underwater city and everyone saying thier going to keep thier eyes open and such. i doubt you will be able to find anything because like everything else in our #ed up world this will probably be covered up or release very little vague information to the public. do u expect our government and our retard president to display all of the findings or discoveries of the lost city? call me crazy but i can feel a cover up coming on.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wow cool thread! Iw ish we had images of the under water cities. I always only thought of atlantis. Im suprised that this is the first time I heard heard of these other sites

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sometimes it is nice to be a diving instructor
36 m is not deep so I would love to go there and have a look at it with my own eyes .. I wonder if there would be a possibility to go there and not get shoot for diving

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join