It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about the San Clemente Island Naval Complex.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey guys I was remembering some stories I heard when I was stationed in SanDiego and had read about later on that both San Clemente NAS as well as its support island San Nicholas NAS too the North was off limits a few times of the year and that Naval air and Sea patrols were doubled or even tripled in some instances. Now what Ive gathered is that its a Island NAS with all its own support facilities ie: stores,shops,repair,building,etc... But also a very capable Missle /Rocketry launch facility with a intergal tracking system and landing strip/facilities.
Could this be the Navy's own Area 51? Its surrounded by shark infested waters and Theres been plenty of USO's and UFO's being reported in this area for quite a while as well.
Ive added a couple of Military base info links and google images(please zoom in) which btw wasnt scewed with clouds over the northern tip of San Clemente last year when I first looked at the Google imagery.
Info links:
www.globalsecurity.org...
www.nbc.navy.mil...
www.globalsecurity.org...

Sat imagery.
Edit: having problems posting google map imagery link.
maps.google.com...,-118.482742&sspn=0.242314,0.311737&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=11&iwloc=addr&om=1

Any stories or added info,etc,, appreciated.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by VType]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Imagine the impact on U.S. Naval forces worldwide if some unfriendly
country sneaked onto the island and stole some of those Shrikes.

What if they put some of those endangered Shrikes right out in front of
our invading fleet? We'd be "hung-up"!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There are old persistent rumors of an underground base accessible by submarine, where secret research is conducted. But I don't buy into that theory too much.

Geologically, the Channel Islands are just an extension of the other southern California mountain ranges, and like them are too unstable, fractured, and seismically active for any really large underground facilities. There maybe a few small rooms underground, but certainly no 'football stadium' sized excavations or cavernous openings.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
San Clemente Island is a seal training site. It is used by Specwar for most of their training there used to be some ranges where Seabees would go out when they had the recoiless rifle in their inventory and qualify on it.
San Nicholas Island is an outlying field for NAS Point Mugu there are people stationed there from Mugu but it is considered sea duty because of the isolation even though it is only 20 minute flight to Mugu. When they made NAS Point Mugu and the Seabee base CBC Port Hueneme one command, Naval Base Ventura County NBVC , it included San Nicholas. If you get put on restriction and you are part of NBVC guess where the restricted barracks are? San Nicholas Island.Pulling weeds for 30 days or so.
There are some odd things happening at SNI. I have been there. The Navy's area 51 is most likely NAS China Lake up by Ridgecrest, CA .There is a lot of things happening there and is by the Tehachapi ranch facility also called Tejon ranch that is always being discussed on other forums. If you would like more information. /2bjw6k

This is what I know about SNI: /2573st

new topics

top topics

join