It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be a chimera ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Deformity? Where? Bunions, maybe.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
chimera ????????????

cross breed ??????????????

why do people never ask a bird expert ?

just picture messaged a vidcap to my mate - and the answer - in 5 seconds " just of the top og his head "

brunner pouter

a sick or injured bird that should be taken to a vet or put down - not gawked at

so i googled what he said and :

no mystery - no mutants , no radiation , no doctor moreau

just an exotic sub species of pidgeon

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It seems not so many people realize the already "old" science.

5 years ago we (and we means me and some of my colleagues) were producing chimeras for genetic research. We were implanting cells from a Quail embryo into a Chicken embryo.

The reason for that was to be able to follow/track the cells of the Quail in the new host, the Chicken and observe the interactions.

Now, we only did this at the embryonic development level but other scientists did go all the way 'till they hatched.

One of the "not so expected" results was that the new chick was singing and behaving like a quail (this was due to the fact that the transplanted tissue was nervous tissue - neuroectoderm).

I am not aware of natural chimeras like this but it it possible. Evolutionary accidents sometimes lead to a new species. Despite the fact most of the mutant individuals are not fertile to spread their new genes.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by novrod
It seems not so many people realize the already "old" science.

5 years ago we (and we means me and some of my colleagues) were producing chimeras for genetic research. We were implanting cells from a Quail embryo into a Chicken embryo.

The reason for that was to be able to follow/track the cells of the Quail in the new host, the Chicken and observe the interactions.

Now, we only did this at the embryonic development level but other scientists did go all the way 'till they hatched.

One of the "not so expected" results was that the new chick was singing and behaving like a quail (this was due to the fact that the transplanted tissue was nervous tissue - neuroectoderm).

I am not aware of natural chimeras like this but it it possible. Evolutionary accidents sometimes lead to a new species. Despite the fact most of the mutant individuals are not fertile to spread their new genes.

This *IS NOT* a natural chimera! It is a genetic pigeon that has been bred to produce traits the wild version does not. Normal, old-fashioned animal husbandry is all that is required.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by novrod
5 years ago we (and we means me and some of my colleagues) were producing chimeras for genetic research. We were implanting cells from a Quail embryo into a Chicken embryo

hi - sounds interesting - can you direct us to your published results ?

TIA

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
kinda freaky things these are. im sure it scares some people. they should just be put to death

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well actually this wouldn't surprise me if this was real, As there have been forced cross-bread's of animal's before, Take the tigon or Liger for example, There cross-breads of tiger's and lion's, Forced by human's to mate, Which is why there only ever found in captivity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join