It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentient world: war games on the grandest scale

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
this is kinda running on tangents that seem a bit off even for ats, tracking world leader's dreams?

heres what i think, its not about the science of predicting the individuals intentions or such. its about determining how large populations would react under oppressive action in urban settings more than anything. it fits well with the idea of being able to control the populations if necessary. i mean, they have a fairly good leash on the media, and what they cant control they just run interference on if it hits high levels of sensitivity, they have a good grasp on internal politics, are deffinately working on shoring up their ability to influence world politics, this is the technology that would finally yield them power over the masses, the very last field they have never been able to manageably control before. this is how they will be able to flush out groups they deem a threat and actively neuturalize them.

this is the last frontier of global control i can think of that until now they couldnt really make plans to dominate feasibly. this is their feasible solution to that problem....

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
LOL that was a pretty funny video. There was no documentation whatsoever anywhere on there that tells where any of the information came from. Looks like a paranoid delusionists dream world. "They're all out to get us!!" LOL.

Go outside, live life, get some fresh air and dont worry about all this stuff that will drive you insane if you sit around and dwell on what "may" happen but probably wont. Life is way to short to worry about that kind of stuff. Go out and have fun!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
lets be clear. it would take a very long time to get all the more pertinent aspects of such a technology accurate. we probably wouldnt see an event of governmental betrayal. especially a global empire situation.
we are not in any way receptable to a military state or dictatorship.
but future generations probably, especially if the implementation of id chips gains incentive.just like now we argue amongst each other and others the validity of the "i-phone" information mining situation. we know your information IS being dumped into storage all your calls,your internet favorites,everything, text messages,etc.do feel outraged that its likely the information could be hacked? that its not secure? do we feel untrustworthy of our governmet, the same government thats making a simulated world to represent REAL TIME earth is also very likely conducting data mining operations all over the great uniting element of current technology? (the internet). these i phones are progammed to save and send your info to this server without your consent.what for? why? if it is anything like facebook.com at the least they are monitoring trends on an individual or regional level and then only of those buying the iphone. its the only phone which actually has been proven supposedly by russian hackers to have such a functionality ill check on getting some references linked in.
point being this is just another way they are going to map out their intentions. its oviously important technology and it is not a question of if they are designing this stuff, its more likely a question of when it will be implemented?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
seriously doubt they can duplicate world leaders, and the general populous.

I dont doubt the general populus. I could tell the right progammers how to do that, and I'm n00b by PR standards.

Don't doubt anything. When they start hooking this into cognitive systems beyond our comprehension it all goes out the window.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
My look on it is this...

Chances are, there is already a system developed and currently practicing these "tests". This is just a smoke screen to test the waters and see what type of feed-back would be collected. This information would most likely be used is this "simulation" and be calculated along with other factors.

Wow. Good thinking! I view most of everything "important" that's broadcasted as a sort of feedback-control-loop to test the herd consensus. To see if we actually react to our own weakness as the herd that we are. They tell US how most "Americans" can name all 5 family members of the Simpsons, but cannot name more than 2 of the 5 aspects of the 1st Amendment, alone. We run and hide as a collective... and that's a pretty neutral issue. Everyone hides instead of just spending an hour reading the thing.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

[edit on 25-7-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
well im saying this kind of technology is not used to ensure fairness. this is monoply behavior with very high tech toys at their disposal...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
As I watched it, I had to ask myself, "Who is the US Army fighting that would require such sohphisticated hardware and software?" I mean there aren't that many countries that would want to be up against such a system are there? So is it really being designed to avert an even greater future enemy? - say an EBE race or races perhaps? - if you add to this tech, and the Missile defense shield across Europe, it sure makes you wonder!

It's Rumsfeldian dripping power lust. It's for 'just in case'. One quote mentioned how the system is "perfect for fighting the war on terror". I know it's insane but these people actually believe that.

I argue tha tthe so-called alien presence makes absolutely no sense because if "they" were "here" then we mere humans wouldn't have the balls to weaponize space while creating a AGI Technological Singularity event that would equate to a system that could challenge their dominion over us.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im saying theres probably not a digitized averysmallfoxx yet but theyre probably is a digitized ATS...all speculation but think on that for a moment. hmmm.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
However, people with real power being how they are, I don't see them ceding power to an array of supercomputers and the tech-nerds that program them any time soon.

I can see where it doesn't make sense for them to risk their power, but they're doing it anyways.

DARPA seeks 'Deep Green' battle computer

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have no idea how they plan to control 'it'. I've scoured all of their literature and have found no answers to how it wouldn't become a scene straight outta the movies.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL that was a pretty funny video. There was no documentation whatsoever anywhere on there that tells where any of the information came from. Looks like a paranoid delusionists dream world. "They're all out to get us!!" LOL.

iXo Resource Page

Any questions?

I have one for you: Is it still LOL pretty funny ROFLMFAO?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
behind all power and all of powers minions, are those whom are not known, but know power. They are those whom are not threatned by any new power, for if it is not of their own creation, this new power, it is either absorbed or destroyed, openly or secretly makes no difference.
or maybe youd prefer the pablo escobar version: you can either take my silver, or you can have my lead. you decide.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It seems to me everyone has over looked the aspect of HOW they are simulating this, imagine the computing power needed. Now what do you think they would use to do this? Perhaps new Quantum computers? www.physorg.com... Just seems to me that Super Crays wouldn't be able to handle so many variables, I am no super computer expert but I read enough and just can't believe anything current could handle that amount of computation on such a scale. Just a thought. Crazy.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
well you cant believe anything YOU know of could handle the computing requirements and id be inclined to believe that too, but your not taking into account that the military,NSA,CIA,etc., has far better technology available to them i believe and even if they dont, we couldnt know for certain, but its very likely given the way military technology trickles into commercial applications so slowly, that the type of computing power were saying is unlikely to be substatiated by conventional methods could be substantiated by more advanced and secret technology the military does not want to release yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think that if most people concerned themselves with their current lives and didnt specualte on such wild and outlandish tales the world would be a better place. As far as this VIDEO GAME goes, everyone should just go plug in their XBOX 360 and go play in fantasy land for a little while and then come back to the real world when you're strong enough to join it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i think you fail to recognize that this is not a fantasy or a fake.this is developmental technology and it is in by no way a stretch of the imagination friends....to the gentleman above, if you havent seen the movie ill post it here so you can take a look at why we are all discussing it and why i see your dismissive responce as at the least,somewhat uninformed....

simulation earth vid

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have watched this "movie" and when i realized that folks were taking this stuff seriously i laughed my @ss off. Mainly because when i read the other threads on this site, the world wont be around long enough for this type of thing to take place!! Its funny how so many folks are getting worked up by the end of the world scenarios to take place in the next 5-10 years, then there are those who are all worked up about this futuristic cyber reality to take place of real reality that is WAY OFF in the future. Cant have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I have watched this "movie" and when i realized that folks were taking this stuff seriously i laughed my @ss off. Mainly because when i read the other threads on this site, the world wont be around long enough for this type of thing to take place!! Its funny how so many folks are getting worked up by the end of the world scenarios to take place in the next 5-10 years, then there are those who are all worked up about this futuristic cyber reality to take place of real reality that is WAY OFF in the future. Cant have it both ways.

well whos trying to have it both ways? you said it yourself they were different view points held by different groups. so perhaps your not making as much sense as you intend to because in so far as i can tell you said that we cant have it both ways and obviously both groups want different things so?? clarification please?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
and the cyber reality so that its clear is intended to produce similar nature to that of our real world for tactical and strategical analyzation in so far as they infer meaning they could plan global military campaigns based on the information that if accurate would reflect what would actually occur in such a situation and thus how to circumvent situations of compromise through trial and error for instance as a simulation in the cyber world. its not ment as a conduit for alternate reality, just analyzation of real world numbers and events through a realistic simulation.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You talk like it's some theory that I made up, wrote the script for, and then grabbed some old video game animations to make it all fit.

Current COTS (commercial off the shelf) trends are well on their way to providing the hardware needed to go with all of the software they've been working hard on for a long time.

The Vega 2 processor integrates 48 cores and consists of 812 million transistors to enable future generations of Azul Compute Appliances to scale up to 768-way symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) systems with up to 768 GBytes of memory.
www.linuxelectrons.com...

And that's todays usable commercial technology.

And then we have the article cited in my first post. I guess they're liars? The entire thing is a fabrication? There's no way it could be relevant in regards to progress??

Or how about DARPA's successes in autonomous aircraft and vehicles? "AI" isn't possible is it? Baselss blue-sky sci-fi paranioa fantasies, right? It's not like the video was made out of official government/military quotes, huh?

But don't take it from me, listen to one of the pioneers in the field, Dr. Ben Goetrzel, who just so happens to work for NIH and with the DOD:

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
some people just need it waved in their face that it isnt baseless...good post man *applauds*

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join