It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight from Space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't think this thread is a waste of time..we rediscover new things when we go back and rethink about the old things. Curiosity impels you, and the search for truth compels you. When some of us read this we had echoes in our brains of things past read or heard. Didn't it just stir a few ripples of curiosity with us? Without these stirring we would never have left the dark ages and never had the Rennaisance.

SyS
^i^

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
A truly fascinating post and links, and all aspects of it are intriguing. Just wanted to add to the applause.

Reading on the radio echoes, it seems this aspect has the greatest chance of the original observations resurfacing. Seeing as NASA can't even find the original video tapes of the Apollo 11 landing or the plans for the Saturn V, one has to doubt there's anything about polar-orbiting objects from the late 50s. And has any compelling explanation ever been put forward to explain them? Does this still occur?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The Madness of Horselover Fat

As others have noted, this is a wonderful thread. Thanks and kudos to the OP.

I've read Valis and plenty of Dick's other stuff. I'm a bit of a fan.

Valis was published about the time (maybe shortly after) its author died. It was published as fiction, but it wasn't a novel: more a documentary of Dick's final surrender to the paranoia and suspicion of perceived reality that dogged his life and were the key elements -- endlessly fascinating ones -- in his work. Novels like Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch left the reader disoriented and confused within nested unrealities, uncertain of which direction, if any, 'true reality' lay. Note ATS book-lovers, especially NWO, Illuminati, etc. enthusiasts: Dick's The Penultimate Truth describes the final result of the ultimate conspiracy of that kind. A fun read.

But Valis was something else. It didn't really have a plot. Its central character was called Horselover Fat, a multilingual pun on Philip Dick. It had a whole lot of other weird things in it besides a shadow satellite being taken over by the Soviets: it had the Nag Hammadi codices, cats and dogs that make attempts to communicate with their owner before unexpectedly dying of tumors, anti-government paranoia and plenty more. But what it really was, was the chronicle of an articulate and intelligent man losing touch with reality, falling to pieces.

Philip K. Dick was a great writer (even if he sometimes forgot where he put his characters). But he was a writer of science fiction. Science fiction.

Then again who knows, maybe all his life he'd been taking dictation from VALIS, aka Black Knight. After all, his career really took off in the mid-1950s, about the time the occult observer in the skies is said to have made its appearance.

Here's a very good review and discussion of Valis. Enjoy.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
On 25-07-2006 this topic was made by username Deathknell (fascinating ats points btw) here It got little attention at the time, maybe due to the same problem as now. Hard to find any good info about it. Fascinating story though.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I found a very interesting document which ties in with the time line of the original story.

aupress.maxwell.af.mil...

Page 19 states:

The cause was a rather unusual incident in the spring of 1960 which ap­parently gave the antisatellite proponents stronger justification for their arguments. The discovery of an “unknown satellite” by US tracking facilities forced White House officials to allow the further development of an inspection variant of the US Air Force’s Satellite Interceptor (SAINT) program.

The work on SAINT had begun some years earlier before the unknown
satellite was discovered. As early as 1956 Air Research and Development
Command (ARDC) had begun a study of defensive measures against hostile satellites. In 1958 the ARPA had assumed responsibility for the task but ARDC remained as the project’s supervisor. Both ARDC and ARPA as well as others had surmised that, with the rapidly advancing technology of the time a threat in the form of Soviet "bombs in orbit" was possible in the 1960's

Ok so obviously there was distinct paranoia about the Russians at the time and most certainly after the launch of Sputnik, but still it's interesting that they use the terminology "unknown satelitte"

Probably nothing, but still adds fuel to the fire so to speak.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by timb3r]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
weird. Are you sure that there may not have been a successful polar orbiting sattelite prior to 1960? Unlikely but possible. Another interesting fact is that it was in polar orbit. Hollow earth perhaps? Finally, if it was aliens, why did they only bounce our signals? Why not sent us something new like on the movie Contact?

[edit on 22-7-2007 by ShadeWolf]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You can speculate an awful lot on this.

Both the US and the Russians kept their rocket tech close to their chests back then, so its possible it could have been a secretly launched satellite.

Getting more whacky - and out there - the Nazi's had actually developed enough rocket technology to put something into space. Maybe a V2 went astray, although an accidental orbital insertion would be a one in a million chance.

A captured asteroid? Also a possibility.

However, I like the alien probe idea. Its the kind of thing we'd do if we were looking at somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

I do kind of like that idea, though. That a few people in the world are selected (or are predisposed) to receive some cool super advanced knowledge from a large library located somewhere out there. Aldeberan, I guess. Hopefully it hits somebody smart enough to know what to do with it. Otherwise, I could see where it might drive somebody nuts.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

As an odd sort of tie in, when one looks at history, you find that people in diverse locations are working towards finding an answer to the same problem, sometimes on the same track of thought.

When one steps back from the actual discoveries, it's almost like a classroom setting where a "teacher" asks a question, with a hint towards the answer, and the brighter students start working on the problem.

And the "spark" in different locals seems not to be just one of technical discoveries in the sense of inventions of a mechanical nature. There is no way to be sure, but there seems to have been separate, yet nearly identical, timelines for the invention of writing, basic math, fire, burial of the dead, and such things.

Now I know that sometimes these events were "discovered" separately by region on a time frame that would have allowed the migration of the idea from one culture to another, and so it might have been. But that would mean that such diverse cultures as those in Mexico, building pyramids,were in some way influenced by the architecture from somewhere like Egypt. And that is argued to have not been possible either.

As an example, around 650 AD the use of the placeholder/number "0" came into widespread use. This was the same time frame as the Mayan people of Central America, who also used the concept of "0". Now without some contact between the two cultures, which mainstream science says did not happen, then it is odd that the "0" would appear to both cultures at that point in history when both had gotten on well enough without it for such a long time.

Now before anyone rubs my face in the fact that there are explanations and shadings to the times involved, please remember that I am just pointing out an overview that cultures of wide diversity seem to come to the same end conclusion at ABOUT the same time in history, and that at first blush it seems odd that it would be so.

However, a "teacher in the sky" that struck people with a thought or idea would reasonably explain this away. It just struck more than one person at more than one location.

Do I think that this is what has happened in our past? No, I do not. BUT, I also don't have a better theory either. Such are the mysteries of the past. So it leaves one to wonder.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Nice thread.

There is a case commonly known as "Fast Walker" where an American DSP satellite picked up an object that passed within 15km of its orbit on a trajectory that came from outside earth orbit and, instead of succumbing to gravity, sent it right back out again, all at approximately 22,000mph.

Meteors and space debris don't do that

I shall read up more on this "Black Knight" subject. Sounds interesting.

Actually, meteors do this all the time. Depending on the angle that they strike the atmosphere, they can skip off back into space like a stone skipping on the water.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am a Ham Radio Operator and although I have never witnessed the LDE phenomenon I know of Several Hams who have.

Here is a link on the subject form one of our web based publications.

JFY

www.arrl.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am a Ham Radio Operator and although I have never witnessed the LDE phenomenon I know of Several Hams who have.

Here is a link on the subject form one of our web based publications.

JFY

www.arrl.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
wow i was reading stuff on project Camelot and there was this guy that talked about a probe that comes around every 15 years or so, it is from an old alien race and it is a very old probe.

C: Well, I’ll tell you this, I think that by 2016 that something better have happened. Because at 2016 I think that we’re going to have to announce to the world that there’s a probe that comes very close to the Earth every 15 or 20 years. And we’ve been calling it an asteroid. It’s not an asteroid. But it actually in reality is an artificial probe. In other words, somebody else put it here. They have found us long time ago. The technology will probably be pretty much on a par to, say, Voyager. It’ll be old antiquated technology by all their standards.

K: So what are you saying? Is this probe… do you know what race?

C: I’m saying we have already found it. Our paradigm says that it can’t be an artificial craft of any sort, therefore we refuse to accept that and we call it an asteroid. I’m talking about BG1991. Roughly 30 meters in diameter, highly polished surface. Asteroids don’t have a highly polished surface. It took corrective course changes to avoid collision with another asteroid. That don’t happen. This one it did.

www.projectcamelot.net...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I first heard about this story in the 80's when I bought a video done by Rod Serling called "Keys to the Universe." That was the first time I saw Duncan Lunan at his chalkboard pointing out what he found regarding the Epsilon Bootes Probe.

Here's some links I found while looking up Duncan Lunan.

www.space-2001.net...

www.ufoarea.com...

Here's a nice big fat map of what the transmissions look like when translated.

[edit on 7/22/2007 by TheExaminer]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is another series of interrelated events from 1954 concerning two satellites which entered earth orbit. These satellites were studied by Dr. Lincoln LaPaz an astronomer from the University of New Mexico who was involved in the study of the green fireball phenomena.

His studies concluded the objects were natural "moons" that had entered an equatorial orbit one at 400 mile altitude and the other at 600 mile altitude.

See:
www.presidentialufo.com...

Many people believed that the two "moons" were extraterrestrial spaceships and a number of contactees reportedly began to establish telepathic contact with commander "AFFA" of one of the "spaceships".

One intrigueing side story allegedly involves Wilbert Smith, a Department of Transport scientist who headed or participated in many Canadian UFO studies in the 1950s (Project Magnet, UFO Detection Station, etc.). His widow indicated that the "UFO Landing Area" which was designated at the huge "Suffield Experimental Station" in southern Alberta had been established through the mediation of Wilbert Smith with AFFA with the intention that this would lead to a landing of AFFA's spaceship. The story goes that the project failed because the Canadian government would not provide assurances that AFFA would be free to leave after landing in the designated zone.

www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Damn it, you beat me, I was just about to write about this haha

I also found it in a book and couldn't weild as much as you had from any online source. It was right next to the "Wow!" signal in the book.

As for Philip K Dick, I have some of his books and I know a bit about him, he was crazy and a great writer, so it would be easy to dismiss his hallucinations as those from drugs or the fact he was insane, but it would also be good to compare his visions with what other people have said. Because remember, at one time only "insane" people considered the CIA poisoning American citizens

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I love your thread it's definitely something to look into....I only wish there were more post like this.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Trinity2492]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey everyone, thanks for all the input and new info. Will definitely go through it all when I have time.

Originally posted by Vinci
Damn it, you beat me, I was just about to write about this haha

I also found it in a book and couldn't weild as much as you had from any online source. It was right next to the "Wow!" signal in the book.

I think it's the same book. It was published by Barnes & Noble's inhouse publishing company and seemed to go straight to the reduced rack

As for Philip K Dick, I have some of his books and I know a bit about him, he was crazy and a great writer, so it would be easy to dismiss his hallucinations as those from drugs or the fact he was insane, but it would also be good to compare his visions with what other people have said. Because remember, at one time only "insane" people considered the CIA poisoning American citizens

Exactly. Who knows what would actually happen to someone's mind if some alien probe attempted to "make contact."

But of course, paranoia, mysterious religious revelations, seeing objects and lights that "aren't there" and hearing voices are all readily explained by mental illness, and the guy spent much of his waking life under the influence of various drugs. It's not too hard to image that crossed more than a few wires.

[edit on 7-22-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As to strange sights in the sky; how about those noctilucent clouds?
www.spaceweather.com...

As to how similar ideas can arise almost simultaneously in different parts of the world. Do some resarch on morphic resonance. This is also demonstrated in electric coils where one is activated and another nearby begins to resonate. And there is the story of the penulum clocks placed side by side which at first the pendulums were out of sync. In a few days they were swinging to and fro in perfect sync.

www.entelechyjournal.com...

Now the story of the two satellites is interesting. A while back there were rumors tht Phobos and Demos had left Mars orbit and were orbiting Earth. There were photos taken from space during a solar eclipse showing two anomalous shadows travelling at 45 deg to the shadow of the moon.

Sorry, I'm good at saving photos, but bad about saving the url's where I got them.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
this is awesome, especially b/c I have been seeing strange things in the sky. Looking for somewhere else to live, just not sure where yet...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were "decoded" (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before."

What does the undecoded info look like?
How were ham operators able to decode an alien language?

Sounds like one of those early science fiction novellettes. Those were always really neat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join