It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A federal judge dismissed former CIA operative Valerie Plame's lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

A federal judge dismissed former CIA operative Valerie Plame's lawsuit

news.yahoo.com

A federal judge dismissed former CIA operative Valerie Plame's lawsuit against members of the Bush administration Thursday, eliminating one of the last courtroom remnants of the leak scandal.

Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, had accused Vice President Dick Cheney and others of conspiring to leak her identity in 2003. Plame said that violated her privacy rights and was illegal retribution for her husband's criticism of the administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wow!! What is this nation coming to?

First, Bush Administration member leaks a CIA operative's name, then basically pardons a coverup, then admits to it, then the victim is denied the ability to sue the administration for such a thing???

I can't believe this is taking place in America! I'm disgusted in the Bush Administration and what he/they've done to America.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Infoholic...You beat me to this one. You're even using the same source I found!

Oh well, instead of posting the news itself, I'll just post my comments.

Just to make my comments a bit more clear, most of my comments are based directly upon direct quotes in the news source, but I'm going to make people link to the source and read it, instead of me quoting what you've already linked to.

Dismissing the case on "jurisdictional grounds" in a Federal Court when the violations were commited by people in the Federal Government? Dismissing the case because the Judge wasn't going to "express an opinion" involving the Constitution? Huh?

Since when are Government Officials "immune" to being charged for commiting violations of the Constitution? The Constitution is clear in such cases: Congressional Trial for Impeachment (removal from Office) followed by Judicial Trial for the specific crimes to enforce Court Ruling & Lawful Punishment.

Why would "Hizzoner" John Bates need to make an opinion on the Constitution when all he really needed was to make a Ruling based from the Constitution? At worst, all he would have needed is a Recess long enough to review the Constitution, not dismiss the case out of hand! This just goes to show what happens when a President "stacks the courts" for political gain.

How stupid does Bates think People are, anyway?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Govenment Officials acting in violation of Constitutional writ while in Office considered to be an Impeachable Offense? And where better to establish the facts on such Constitutional Offenses than in Federal Jurisdictional Court?

IMO, Plame should now take this "judicial dismissal" to Congress & press for Impeachment (in the Judicial and the Executive) for the improper rulings in her case. Even if a Judge's term is "for good behavior," doesn't mean that he can't be removed for displaying "bad behavior!"

[edit on 19-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What else would one expect from that tight knit bunch? JUSTICE???

This is desintegrating with each passing day.

top topics

join