It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Chef!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
anyone watch iron chef?

man i love that show, i enjoy watching any cooking show but especially iron chef because "man alive", those chefs show some awesome skills (to quote one commentator)

or to quote a brilliant futurama episode title with bender the robot as "the 30% iron chef"

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I just saw that episode of Futurama and it's one of the great ones.

But yes, I do watch Iron Chef when I catch it, and I'm so glad I have the cooking channel. I always get some great ideas watching the different shows they air.

Iron Chef is interesting because of the time constraints put on the chefs and the conditions they have to work under. The kitchen in a restaurant is very high pressure to begin with, but imagine having all those people watching, and the cameras right in your face. Then you have to face a panel of judges.

Not something I could go through. :shk:

The only show on that channel I can't watch is the one where that idiot yells at everyone, I think it's called Hell's Kitchen.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
yeah it is a real pressure cooker enviroment and with no prior knowledge of the theme ingredient does tend to crank up the heat (puns intended)

i'd get sick of the cameras constantly getting in your way, it seems theyre always jamming the lense right in so close they get all steamy

its funny that some of them can start the show casually writing out a menu in some fancy writing before even lifting a knife

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I like Iron Chef alot. I think it's a very good show.

But I haven't seen it latley since that "Next Food Network Star" show has been on. Do you know if it'll be back?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Which Iron Chef reigns supreme?

Japanese, American, or Shatner-vision?

I like them all -- the short lived Shatner version was hilarious though. Picture the Shatner in a purple crushed velvet frock coat. Oh my.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
we have only had the ridgey didge japanese version here until recently when they aired one of the american episodes when ?michiba? went to usa for a battle against some american dude.

dunno, for me it wasnt the same without the dubbed over voices and true japanese flair.

i think i also missed the japanese tasters who i love to pay out sometimes

the snooty old woman "mm i think this is too salty, you should have done....." (and in one episode kenichi says "theres plenty of leftovers if you think you can do better")

the actress that goes "oooohhhh, mmm, ohhhh, this is just divine"

it was good, but nowhere near as good as the cookey japanese host + chef's.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I watch the american version. I've tried to watch the original Japanese version but can't.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I miss Iron Chef Sakai. That dude made some crazy stuff.

That being said, I think the show is fixed. I can't tell you how many times I thought the challenger's dishes were MUCH better than the IC's, and the IC won. Then there's that food critic that always sucks up to the IC's so they keep giving him free crap all the time at their resataraunts. I can't stand that guy.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
haaha omg whatever happend to the shatner version?!!?

i love iron chef as well it gets all intense sometimes ..honestly though wow mad skills from everyone. i wish we had the tech to smell and eat the food being cooked haha

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dont know about trying the food there. There's some dishes that I went WTF to. LOL For example anything used to make ice cream that isnt a fruit, they've done fish ice cream, asparagus...Totally ruins ice cream for me.

top topics

join