It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come my background and avatar are gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just noticed that I no longer have an avatar or custom background. Why is that?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't see alot of peoples avatars, just red X's...maybe it's some kind of glitch....it'll probably be sorted out soon enough.

[edit on 7/7/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ive noticed a lot of glitches today not just avatars but different buttons and whatever.
So far im good though.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe they should make you a moderator. This is my second time to post. The first said I had given a bad request.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It looks as though we had some problems with the uploads directory on the server hard drive.

We're currently restoring from a backup, giving priority to recently uploaded files first.

However, since we don't back-up that monster-sized directory often, it looks like we may have lost as much as 10 days worth of uploads.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm just guessing here, but as some members have reported glitches with their ATS upload space recently, and the images that are missing here and there look like this is where they are stored, that there is possibly some sort of maintenance under way at the moment which may be causing this effect.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'd say thats correct Pantha, because I checked the ones I can't see and they are all hosted on ATS, and mine I can see because I have it on Photobucket.

edit....nevermind...SO just said that

[edit on 7/7/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
However, since we don't back-up that monster-sized directory often, it looks like we may have lost as much as 10 days worth of uploads.

You mean you won't retrieve them from nothing? Blimey, I thought you were some sort of machine god.

Yep, none of my uploads are working, but I haven't used it much since i got photobucket. i only used it for small images anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was able to repair the directory without resorting to a backup. We should be fine now.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks to SO for the outstanding service. Thanks to all respondents for not leaving me adrift and alone. Things that I should know or grasp easily swim tantalizingly just out of my reach lately and I struggle for basic cognizance of my own daily affairs. I am forever falling asleep and awake unrefreshed. My hands shake so bad I can barely sign my own name.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well I can see them!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Id123

Well I can see them!!!

We can all see them now, because the problem has been solved

new topics

top topics

join