It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Terrorism be Stopped?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Too true, comforter. agri-fuels are at least a good potential substitute to petrolium.
As far as the hemp issue, it has been shown to be a more readily replacable alternative for paper, cloth, and other things, including, as you said, fuel.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I've been thinking a lot lately about how to end terrorism, or if it's even possible.

I believe terrorism can never be stopped. Why? Because it is all about life on the human food chain and the where you fall in the power order.

What do I mean? This question, I believe, is the equivalent to asking if mankind can stamp out men scratching their a$$es. To that I say, it's impossible.

What I mean is, terrorism is a mechanism the politically desperate turn to. And here on earth, since the dawn of mankind there have been people so politically desperate and castrated that they were willing to go there.

Scratching one's a double s is a human condition just like the age old powerplay.

As long as there are people on earth, they will scratch their a$$es, they will repress and subjugate their brothers and sisters and those who have felt the grievousness of that harm will retaliate, the only ways they can: through acts of terror.

Sometimes it is their only recourse for not being listened to.

When war and rape and economic apartheids end on earth, terrorism will end. Personally, I think either pigs will fly first or Jesus will come sailing back on his majic carpet before terrorism ends.

Don't let todays Repugnants convince you that terrorism is some kind of new thing, er... new and greater threat. Its not. Its always been there.

[edit on 7/18/07 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Don't let todays Repugnants convince you that terrorism is some kind of new thing, er... new and greater threat. Its not. Its always been there.

[edit on 7/18/07 by EastCoastKid]

Something strange happend long about the time I was in the Army; the Cold War came to an end. That was something no one at the time ever thought would happen, except for maybe Ronald Reagan. Imagine that, Reagan, a visionary. Maybe that's why I liked him so much.

Anyhoo, when the Cold War apparatus collapsed, the military industrial complex suddenly felt a chilling void in the enemy business. Hence, the War on Terror!

The War on Terror paradigm has replaced the Cold War enemy paradigm - to justify the continued existence of this behemoth blood sucking parasite industry on our government.

Right now we are dumping billions of dollars (whatever the hell that means) down the Iraqi drain. I have since become convinced (in that light) that our country can, in fact, or could have, afforded a national health care system. Imagine that fellow Republicans, it took an illegal, unecessary war of aggression to prove to this lifelong Republican that "socialized medicine" really ain't that bad of an idea for America. Actually these days, having more compassion than I ever had before (why, who knows), I think its a national security issue that really needs looking into.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yeah, Kid, that seems to be the general consensus.
It's a shame that that's how it is, but there you go.
As long as there are people, there will be people who exploit other people,
and people that feel killing innocents is the only way they can fight it.

Humans, do they really deserve a planet?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, as a Christian, I'm kind of biased. I think if we all adopted Jesus' teaching (LOVE ONE ANOTHER) we would look out for each other, or for the weaker among us and people would not feel so pushed up against a wall, you know?

If we would just be better towards each other, acts of terror would decrease.

That is the only thing I know to say.

So peace to all right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Silly government rabbits, 9-11 tricks are for kids.

Major terrorist attacks don't exist. Just staged 9-11 building demolitions.

www.youtube.com...

Or, you can believe like kids so that government rabbit will take away your liberties and make this country a police state.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
Silly government rabbits, 9-11 tricks are for kids.

Major terrorist attacks don't exist. Just staged 9-11 building demolitions.

www.youtube.com...

Or, you can believe like kids so that government rabbit will take away your liberties and make this country a police state.

Thank you for your thought provoking comments.
You do realize that there are terrorist attacks that occur on days other then 9/11.
Don't you?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Truer words were never spoken....er....written.
That's how I try to be in my effort to stop terrorism.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Truer words were never spoken....er....written.
That's how I try to be in my effort to stop terrorism.

Just for the record, I didn't mean to go all Christian on everyone. Pushing the adoption of Jesus' love rule and all...

But is there a more simple rule to follow? (that of love one another?)

lol And I say all this as a veteran of war. I think the few remaining NeoClowns & young Republicans should all sign up for a tour.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Just for the record, I didn't mean to go all Christian on everyone. Pushing the adoption of Jesus' love rule and all...

No worries, Kid. It was a pertinent contribution.

But is there a more simple rule to follow? (that of love one another?)

Simplest in theory, apparently more difficult in practice, judging from the state of the world. If practiced by everybody, it would go a long way towards ending a lot of the problems with the world.

lol And I say all this as a veteran of war. I think the few remaining NeoClowns & young Republicans should all sign up for a tour.

I couldn't agree more, Kid.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its all pretty easy. Depending on how we choose to treat one another, things happen. Good things, bad things, or nothing.

Call it Christian. Call it Budhist. Call it Yoga. Whatever.

Playing on our better angels can heal the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria

This whole mess started because we went over to someone else's land and started messin' with them, thinkin' we knew better then they did. If we'da kept to ourselves, we might not be in this trench. (I'm sure if the 'terrorists' really wanted to start some #, then yes... we'd be figuring out what to do. But we'd be doing it on our soil, not theirs. And certainly not with one foot on either side of the ocean, with our bullox hangin' out in the wind...)

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Diseria]

I believe "this whole mess" has been going on for something like 1,400 years. I think it is both arrogant and simplistic to say that "WE" started this mess and it will all be fixed if "WE" change our policies or attitudes or anything else.

We didn't start the feud between the Sunnis and the Shia. That blood bath has been going on for hundreds of generations and many of the people are still trying to avenge wrongs or perceived wrongs from hundreds of years ago. The creation of Israel by UN in 1948 did not start the feud between the Jews and the Muslims. That has also been around for over 1,400 years. And, by the way, the Jews were living in Jerusalem for 3,000 years before Islam even existed so the whole argument that Israel took land away from the Palestinians is bogus.

So I believe "this whole mess" is and always has been a battle between ideologies. I don't see an end to terrorism until either one side completely destroys the other, or the Islamic world decides that it can live in peace with other religions.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
I believe "this whole mess" has been going on for something like 1,400 years. I think it is both arrogant and simplistic to say that "WE" started this mess and it will all be fixed if "WE" change our policies or attitudes or anything else.

While it's true that we didn't start all the violence in the world, we have, in recent history, definitely given them cause to point their anger in our direction, what with mucking around in their affairs and such.

So I believe "this whole mess" is and always has been a battle between ideologies. I don't see an end to terrorism until either one side completely destroys the other, or the Islamic world decides that it can live in peace with other religions.

Even if the Islamic world did settle their differences, there would still be terrorism from other areas. I fear it is just the lot of the average joe to be a potential target to some nut trying to make a point, and there will never be an end to terrorism.

A sad state of affairs, indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join