It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolfowitz to Join DC Think Tank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Wolfowitz to Join DC Think Tank

Wolfowitz moves to DC think tank

Former World Bank chief Paul Wolfowitz, who resigned amid a furor over his handling of a bank pay package for his girlfriend, has joined the American Enterprise Institute, a think tank, as a visiting scholar.

He was essentially forced to step down from the World Bank after a special panel found that he broke bank rules in arranging a hefty pay raise for Shaha Riza, his girlfriend and bank employee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Wolfowitz says "sorry".
Wolfowitz the "Iraq war architect" ?
Wolfowitz 'guilty of conflict of interest'
Wolfowitz Breaks His Own Rules

[edit on 3-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
A scary thought is that Bush has already "recommended" Wolfowitz's replacement at the World Bank...

Well, considering that the Related Links listed below are only a small portion of what discussions that Wolfowitz has generated in ATS alone, I ask myself two questions: "Does this guy deserve a position in a government "think tank"?" and "If this guy gets into a government think tank, what's he really going to be thinking about?"

Wolfowitz moves to DC think tank
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
By the way, his replacement is also a Council on Foreign Relations member. Don't think this comes as any major surprise to anyone, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I guess this is just building a consistent case for the cabalic leadership on this planet that we all inhabit.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
AEI is a private, non-profit institution. While it's address is a Washington, D.C., address, it is not a government institution.
It does want to influence thinking, and its ideas are, for the most part, politically conservative. So Wolfowitz will be at home there.

So, they're going to have him work on "entrepreneurship and development issues, Africa and public-private partnerships"...well, there goes Africa

It's a shame that Wolf had so much influence re Iraq policy
Before the war he was so dismissive of the US military and post war planning. The river of his ideas met the river of an increase in executive power and secrecy to produce a catastrophic event.

After it became clear that the war in Iraq left the country in shambles, he went around blaming others, without any mention of how they were just following his ideas, from start to non-finish. (I don't mean to imply that Wolf
wanted either a war without end or an Iraq in shambles, but that he was so far off on military needs and post war plans.)

Hopefully, if he continues to espouse his views through AEI, no one in power in US gov't will listen this time around.

new topics

top topics

join