It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Power Outage planned for future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Interesting idea that has been coming up since 911. Consider the recent large scale power outage in August affecting North Eastern US and Ontario in Canada.

I came across this at the link noted below:

World-wide Power Outage Planned �
72hr. minimum
time frame developing. . .

Steve,

I've worked in the control room for a large electric utility in Iowa for over 10 years. Up until 9-11 we have never trained for massive outages. However, the company in conjunction with other adjacent companies are simulating what the industry calls BLACK START. This is in anticipation of total electric failure. I believe this is no coincidence.

Frank � Received 10-17-03

www.stevequayle.com...

scroll to the bottom of the page to see the reference.

Does this sound likely and when would it happen?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
He has just made an assumption on something he considers not the norm, he has not based this opinion on anything so I doubt there is anything to worry about.

It's a bit like a woman hearing that there is an increase in rape attempts in her city, so she starts taking mace out with her. Just because she has decided to take the mace out with her as a precaution, it's still highly unlikely she'll get raped. It's caution, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You did not read the comment obviously, the person works in the industry and now states that companies are preparing for such an eventuality.

The real question should be is this to be a deliberate event related to NWO or as a result of major disaster related to...?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
You did not read the comment obviously, the person works in the industry and now states that companies are preparing for such an eventuality.

The real question should be is this to be a deliberate event related to NWO or as a result of major disaster related to...?

I did read it, obviously you did not read mine. The guy has said the companies are taking precautions against something happening, and after the blackouts not long ago I should hope they are. It doesn't mean something IS going to happen, he's just based this on an assumption, something you'd know about.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why would they train for 'total electric failure?'

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Why would they train for 'total electric failure?'

Why do people have fire drills in schools and offices? For precaution, I'd have thought that was pretty obvious.

In the event that it possibly COULD happen, not WILL happen. Ifs...that's all it is...

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A fire drill is not preparing for fallout from a nuclear blast or an earthquake or tidal wave man. There is a difference I think.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No there isn't, just a difference in scale. A fire drill is precautions that teachers and bosses can take in regards to their job. It would be a bit over the top for them to drill for nuclear fallouts wouldn't it?
But not for someone who works for this company, they should be taking precautions against such things as they know it is POSSIBLE they could be a target. It doesn't mean it WILL happen.
Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions....

I guess the thing to do is to wait for a short while and see what happens, I'm feeling very confident.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Given the overall presence of EMP from electric power, 72 hours of no power world wide could be a disguised blessing. Imagine the relief from years and years of high frequency pulses that are indicated causes of health problems. People might snap out of it, whatever "it," is.

Suddenly everyone free from aspartame, fluoride, and other chemistry would also be free from electrical pollution! The sheer synergy of relief might be mind boggling. We could develop philosophers and scientists with great IQ jumps overnight! It may give us the enlightment to keep the stupid electricity off until they fix and shield everyone from ostensible electricity pollution and EMP.

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I gotta agree with john nada on this one. It makes perfect sense for a power company to start training for a power outage after 9/11. Just like I'm sure nuclear power plants had some kinda new training after 9/11. I think anything that could be a target has had some kind of training to prevent whatever the attack may be. The reason why the guy has never trained for it before is simply because there was no reason to. America felt invinceable before.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was in ontario when the blackout happened. It was out in my area for 4 days.
It was summer time, and pretty damn hot out.

Anyway, it made a lot of us realise that we are totally dependant on technology these days, and we have less sense of community...

IMO, it was the greatest three days spent with my fellow community members. no stop lights, no air conditioning, no tv, no computers.

Just us. And that's when people became 100% selfless.

It was awesome.. I just hope one doesnt happen in the winter time, cuz that would by chilly... I feel for the people that had to with stand the cold in nc for more then a few days! brrrrr.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ya, if the blackout had occured in the winter, it would have caused a hell of a lot of problems. It would have been horrible.

It was an enjoyable time, though. No work to worry about for most people, and people came together.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A global power blackout would be very handy for the powers to be if they desire it.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

A global power blackout would be very handy for the powers to be if they desire it.

True, but schools don't have fire drills because they secretly plan to start a fire. Although, schools always had fire drills. If last week was the first time my school started having a fire drill, I'd be suspicious too... (or it could simply mean they're getting with the program..)

So I can see your point, and John Nada's point.

Training for a blackout is one thing, but training for a total global blackout is at the very least curious.. to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Ya, if the blackout had occured in the winter, it would have caused a hell of a lot of problems. It would have been horrible.

It was an enjoyable time, though. No work to worry about for most people, and people came together.

Yeah people would come together.... to die in droves lol

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
lilblam,

considering our past discussions I am sure you will see some merit in what I am about to say,

what if the powers that be know of certain predicted calamities that are to occur in future and are preparing now for it but of course keeping it secret from the populace?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

lilblam,

considering our past discussions I am sure you will see some merit in what I am about to say,

what if the powers that be know of certain predicted calamities that are to occur in future and are preparing now for it but of course keeping it secret from the populace?

Well I wouldn't expect the powers that be to rely on our power grid, so a massive worldwide blackout wouldn't really impact "them". And I'm not talkin about the aliens either, just the shadow government. But for possible "planned" events in our future, I'd expect the heads of the energy companies would be at least semi-aware of certain "plans" and would consider such preparations to insure that their wealth is retained anyway.

I do think that if this was to happen, it would be as much of a surprise as 9/11. At least to the people...

Now, getting nuked on 2/2 would be a MAJOR embarrasment for our government. People have been talking about this on the internet for months, and the government showed no sign of interest. If we did get nuked, I think the people would mutiny the friggin government, as it wasn't just a "sign" or "intelligence" like before 9/11, this was public knowledge for god's sake!

Therefore, I find it unlikely that a 2/2 nuke attack will take place. If it does, the government will have NO CHOICE but to instigate Martial Law, as the citizens will attempt to possibly overthrow the government and its incompetence otherwise.

So about the blackouts.. let's not forget the issue of peak oil that was brought up by one of the threads. I do not know of the legitimacy or the urgency of the actual situation with the world's supply of oil, as I figured there are reserves. But if there indeed is a dwindling supply, this might be a possible cause for at least rolling blackouts, like the ones we've seen in US recently.

Also, if the magnetic field of the Earth was to somehow be altered, would that affect our power grids? I am thinking along the terms of HAARP and other technologies... because to cause a worldwide blackout would probably require more than flipping a switch.

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I believe it could be an extremely powerful weapon against the masses if the higher powers wanted it to be. And I do believe the last blackout was some sort of trial run for a future event.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This doesnt have to do with the NWO but I had a professor who told our class that in the same way terrorists took flying lessons they are now believed to be taking classes in computer science. The idea is that they would hack into power plants and shut them down in order to carry out a bigger terrorist plot with less problems. I was skeptical at first be my proffessor showed us a documentary on the subject in which a test was performed on a solar power research plant. The hackers easily got in and were able to take control. Anybody see this docu? I cant remember the name.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If it happens, i'll be looting

new topics

top topics

join