It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a ton of money.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Before I even start with this thread - yes, I got this from Office Space. Yes, I also tweaked it a bit. Yes, I also know why this logic is flawed. I wanted to create this topic for a few reasons: for fun, to share my ideas and get them off of my chest, and to see what other people think. Now to the question. If you had what you consider more than enough money to live on for the rest of your life and do anything that you want to do, what would you do with it? I'm at that point where I'm being forced to make that extremely difficult decision of what exactly I'll do with my life. Needless to say, I'm having a Hell of a time making up my mind. In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever make up my mind. This question interested me, though. I figure that if I were to have all the money I could ever spend, I would, of course, quit my job and cease the current route I'm taking in college. I might just take a few classes here and there to study things I like such as religion, philosophy, and politics. I would take some boxing and martial arts classes because I would finally have the time and the money. I would definitely travel A LOT, and obviously I'd give a lot to certain charities. Of course there's a lot more to it like buying a house, cars, etc., but what I'm really focusing on here is the direction in which everybody would take their life. Would you continue to work because you think you'd be bored just doing whatever you want for the rest of your life? Would you just quit everything and move to some private island? Would you give it all to charity and continue your current life? Would you even want that much money?

Let's see what everyone thinks here!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'd do something really meaningful with it but also something which would involve me in the challenge. I would thus make it a challenge and satisfying.

For me if money were no problem personally and i had more than I ever needed, I would invest in creating pragmatic solutions for global warming.

Branson is sinking billions into the search for biofuels which can be used to replace fossil jet fuels.

Seems a shame to me he has not invested in giant airships.

Actually his investment in tourist spaceplanes is counterproductive because whatever credit he gains reducing greenhouse gases, branson is blowing it all on rockets spewing tons of greenhouse gases on ascent.

Look there you go for a start. They are just technological problems.

How about investing in social problems.

Look what Ted Turner did giving a billion to the United Nations.

You're only limited by your imagination. Look for problems and solve them.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I would give a bunch of it to the people who post on this thread for starters.
No I would buy the island and live happily ever after. And travel for vacations. You know live lavida loca

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
simple. i'd buy everything i've ever wanted. then just sit back and chill.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would definitely travel all over the world although I am a homebody and would miss my family and friends so I do not think I would move far away. I would also use my money for charity and research. I would also buy a lot of fun toys for myself and my loved ones-- gotta have a little selfish fun, right?!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
ATS world tour?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey Intrepid is that so can come and spank us all individually, or do you wanna spy on all the ATS members ?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I would attempt to buy ATS, or at least a share in it

Of course I'd be a silent partner...

Then I would give some money to a certain few people that I've seen post here, I think it would help them out.

I would invest a good portion of it.... gotta make more money.

Travel, yup thats a must

Then.... design and build my dream home.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i would turn it into gold and wait about 10 years and get more mony out of it and than i would hord the gold

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Definately travel the entire world and some planets if they let me. After that I would not know, my father always tells me that if you want to see the true inner self of any human being, just give them a lot of money, thats a scary thought as far as I'm concern, I think i will probably end up dead or miserable.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Build myself the most kick ass Mixed Martial Arts gym/training facility, travel the world, and select a few decent charities to help out.

top topics

join