It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who conspires to define who we are and why we believe we are as they do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Who conspires to define who we are and why we believe we are as they do?

I'm an American who was born and raised in the USA. My ancestors are from Germany, Ireland, Poland, and Itlay and my skin color is white or actually in all it's tan. Regardless of where I'm from and where my ancestors are from I'm to be labled a white person. If we move on to other races we have the african-americans, asian-americans, latin-americans, you get the idea. What do you see here? All are Americans but they are labled differently. You're not african american,asian-american,latin-american you're American and thats all. Do you like being labled as such?

Why do you think we are labled as such? I believe to some extent that this weakens our society. Imagine if we all believed we were one society of Americans. Then we would have the strength to change what is not right within our own country. Many diverse people but one mighty group, a superpower if you will. Just imagine this.

How do we stop it? It's repeated through the media as an african american did so and so, a white man did so and so, an asian american da da da. When will we hear that an american male or an american female did so and so?

We have the intelligence to describe people throughly without using skin color or past origins. Or do we? Imagine the power we would have as one American.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's been some time since the original thread was posted and with no response. I'll take it that the American races are happy with the current situations of diversity and the weakness that we have.

join