It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Grab Bag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I would like to know how you rule out ball lighting, considering it would be about the same thing as an intense electromagnetic field? Earth lights would also be about the same thing, but what causes it is different. All three should show up as a high static charge or field in the atmosphere; at least to my limited electronics knowledge.

“Foo Fighters” are not necessarily UFO’s they can also be static charge in the atmosphere, they were simply a name given to balls of light observed by pilots in WWII.

Ball lightning/earthlights don't fit, because the photographic examples i've been able to find, don't match eyewitness descriptions of the phenomenon in question.

Noone's entirely sure what the foo fighters were. They may have been ball lightning, and then again, there's evidence to suggest they may have been an early nazi version of our modern UAV's....there's no way to know for certain though.

Sure, there are folks who only get anxious before going to bed at night, there are folks who only feel claustrophobic in a dark bedroom, and there are many other types of anxiety related to sleep which only occur at certain times. These people don’t walk around having anxiety attacks all the time, but only when the mind detects certain criteria are present to cause anxiety.

Ok, i'm sure there are people with conditions like that. The only "Criteria" present are my room, and me being alone. but since that's pretty much normal for me, i find it somewhat odd.

This is exactly when Hyponogognia would hit though. It’s in stage one sleep, which is where you are not really asleep yet, but your mind is starting to slow down to sleep. You can only detect Stage One Sleep using a polygraph, and even then it is difficult. In the lab one way we tell Stage One is to look for Alpha Waves in the Occipital Lobe, and when that Alpha starts to drop out, that is where you start to look for stage one.

-shrug- Ok, i dunno, maybe that's what it is then.

The problem with these OBE’s is that there is no good way to prove that they are anything more then a consciously controlled hallucination. While I will not begrudge folks the fact that it helps many cope with sleep paralysis, there is nothing to indicate that the experienced events are real.

Which is exactly why i discount it. There's no evidence that they're anything more than lucid dreams, or controlled hallucinations.

Actually, I am somewhat curious about what you meant by a paranormal swat team, myself. That is like combining apples and oranges, IMHO.

I'm a little curious about it myself, given that i never used the term.

Admittedly, there are a limited number of operations where actual offensive gear is necessary, but they are few and far between, and any time we need to use any kind of offensive gear, it's always non-lethal stuff.

When i get to relating other cases (after we've all finished discussing the current ones), you'll see why.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
"Tactically Trained" That means, as i stated in the opening post that we are trained on how to handle a situation in the event that it's not paranormal in nature.

Case in point, we were doing an investigation of a supposedly "Haunted" abandoned mental institution. While we did witness some strangeness, we did also encounter graffiti "artists" with crowbars, vandalizing the place. We had to quietly surround and stop them in a non-lethal fashion.

At any rate, your assertion was way off base. Next time you should ask if the image you have in your head is accurate, rather than just ridiculing someone based on ignorance.

Then it is I who will apologize for incorrectly assuming that. Sorry.

It's just that I used to be a police officer, and I would have probably been freaked out if I encountered a group of people looking like police officers (or similar).

[edit on 7/3/2007 by JBurns]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns

Then it is I who will apologize for incorrectly assuming that. Sorry.

It's just that I used to be a police officer, and I would have probably been freaked out if I encountered a group of people looking like police officers (or similar).

It's ok, i get that a lot actually, lol

I just thought you were gonna be another one of those guys who sits around and talks a bunch of junk, and doesn't listen, and just ends up being here to troll. I'm glad i was wrong

In any instance where we feel tactical or offensive gear is necessary for an operation, we take every precaution, and in select situations, do our absolute best to make sure local law enforcement is aware of our presence in the AO. At times, we assist law enforcement in the apprehension of unsavory individuals either through information, or direct action. Such is the case with cult activity. We will sometimes gather information on their activities, then report to police. There's only been one instance of us actually having a run in with cultists on their own territory, but that was completely unintentional, and it worked out alright for us.

I hope it doesn't seem like i'm trying to make us out to be heroes or something, we're just a bunch of guys who like checking out weird and dangerous stuff.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Daedalus]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I admit that I have dressed up in my old class B fatigues before going on a ghost hunt. Nothing wrong with that at all.

How often do you do this kind of stuff?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Not nearly enough anymore. It's due to a lack of time, funding, and local stuff to check out. As i said in the OP post, we've checked out pretty much everything local, and really lack the money to take road trips to check out stuff further away. Before our local training ground was leveled for a development project, we used to get together and play paintball 3-4 times a week, can't do that anymore though. So sad...

We haven't been on a Paranormal-related operation in probably 2 years. Our main activities these days consist of helping with missing children searches, going over old case files, and investigating various other items of interest.

Anyway, anyone think it's time for a new case, or are we still talking about the first two?

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Daedalus]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

Anyway, anyone think it's time for a new case, or are we still talking about the first two?

I am very interested in hearing about your other adventures and encounters. Sorry that you don't have the resources to continue at the pace that you would like....maybe things will turn around.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry about the lack of reply lately folks, I've been VERY sick...still am actually, but today's better than the rest, so off to the races, lol.

OK, i'll go with another easier to type one (i feel better, but not by much). Ok, we were checking out this abandoned mental institution. Lots of underground tunnels, lots of rooms with junk in them, and rusted bed frames, lots of disused stuff, and peeling paint. Basement level was flooded in some places, due to a busted steam pipe..it was bad.

Anyway, we instantly got a real creepy vibe off the place as soon as we got in. One of them "you shouldn't be here" kinda feelings. It was real tense the whole time. Moving through the dimly lit corridors, the completely darkened tunnels, the stairwells, the rooms. What's really crazy about the place is that there's so much disused equipment, and furnature there, as well as offices filled with old computer equipment, and file cabinets loaded with old patient files..

So we're moving through the building, taking pictures, EM reading, Temp readings, audio recordings. The whole time we were there, we heard odd noises, and constantly felt like we were being watched. We'd check a room, hear a noise from that room when we're down the hall, and when we get there, noone's there, but the room's all #ed up. That happened twice on two different floors...very odd. Maybe someone was screwing with us (we had caught 3 people playing around in the stairwell. Scared the # out of em' good, lol), or maybe the place actually IS haunted, i have no idea. All i know is that i'd love to go back with a bigger team sometime.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hmm, this black shadow you saw, lemme go out on a limb and guess it was shortish, 3ft-4ft tall, and no matter how lighted the area was, it still appeared pitch black, very very dark grey at most? also, did you see its feet move? did they move as though they had no friction, yet he still moved fairly fast? well, if thats the case then ive seen this before and not in a dream. does that sound like what you saw or am i totally off on my guess ha.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, it was about as tall as i am(6-4), maybe a little taller, and in the dream, it was dusk, so i couldn't really do any "light tests"

when it moved, it happened so fast, i didn't see if it's legs moved...one minute it's over there, and i blink, and it's right on me...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
hmm interesting, sorry im of no help here. the thing which i saw was supposedly an evil spirit with intent to cause trouble. they've been hiding in the shadows but they're still around me, if i sit out at night i can hear them, the rustling of the grass, the slight shaking of bushes, some would say im paying to much attention to my surroundings, but i feel that these slight noises are them.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Or....it could be normal stuff like, ya' know, little animals, or breeze... -shrug-

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Please

tell us more of your cases...

The demonic one sounds interesting. Id like to see where that goes.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by xEphon]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
Please

tell us more of your cases...

The demonic one sounds interesting. Id like to see where that goes.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by xEphon]

lol, i'm a hundred percent in love with your tone. i don't think i'll humor you.

i'm sick, and tired...i'm gonna go take a nap now.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Humm I am befuddled... I came here and was expecting to discuss more than what was already posted elsewhere about your REM state? It is hardly paranormal. I was hoping with all of your expertise in the field that you would also offer more than a guessing game about your conclusions of a typical fireball incident. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Holy crap, i haven't posted here in quite a while. Sorry about that. Between fighting off lyme disease, and having an absolutely psychotic work schedule, i've not had time to post here more.

Ok, here's a new one for you guys. This file is still active, as we were never able to close it, and now the location in question is now no longer accessible to us.

Has to do with my EX (hence the lack of access to the premises in question). I should preface this by saying that there's always been something really friggin' weird about that hosue. Odd noises, strange feelings, more than one instance of actual physical incidents. before i knew her, she claimed that during a birthday party in the finished basement. a chair was thrown across the room by nothing. I didn't personally witness this, so i can't say if it's true or not, but given the other stuff i've seen there, i'm not inclined to believe that the account she gave was inaccurate in the slightest.

I used to go to her place, and stay the weekend. She lived there with her parents..it was a really nice, big house. I'd stay in the finished basement, which was also really nice...it was like an apartment. Was really cool.

Anyway, I always used to hear creaking of the floorboards over my head, like someone was milling about on the ground level of the house, when i knew everyone else was asleep. Suspecting an intruder (i come from a bad neighborhood, where break-ins were a somewhat frequent occurrence, hence my caution), i'd find absolutely nothing, which always pissed me off.

One morning, i was just waking up, and i was laying there, thinking about stuff, and i heard someone come down the stairs. I figured it was my girlfriend, coming to get me up. She liked to make out in the mornings sometimes (she thought it was romantic, or somesuch.), so i pretended to be asleep, but kept my eyes open a sliver, watching the door. The footsteps came down the stairs, and i heard the padding of feet on the carpeted floor, all the way to the door of the room i was in. The knob turned, the door opened a crack and a half. I saw something peer in, then the door closed rather violently, and i heard quick padding to the stairs, and a fast run up the stairs. I found this to be HIGHLY suspicious, so i grab my gun, bolt out of bed, and very cautiously make my way up the stairs, clear the ground floor, then i head upstairs.

Her parents are still asleep in their room, and she's asleep in hers. She's not the one to play weird jokes like that, so i doubt it was her. and when i got up there she really was asleep. She's terrible at pretending to be asleep, she has this horrible tendency to laugh when her bluff is called. I told her about this, and she noted that similar instances had been brought to her attention in the past, by other people. She never bothered to warn me about stuff like that, lol.

Well, that was pre-event weirdness....When she, and a former member of my team decided to pull out the Ouija board...well, that's when things started to get really serious.

I remember the day really well...we were all having a lot of fun. me, and two members of my team(Both of them sensitive to various paranormal phenomenon) were hanging out at my girlfriend's house. Me and my partner decided to head upstairs, and talk about some things out on the porch, over cigarettes. My other team member, and my girlfriend were down in the basement. We're outside for maybe 20-30 minutes, and she (the other member of my team) comes out, shaking and pale. She says something like "i think i just did something really stupid guys". When we asked her what she did, after lighting a cigarette, she went into the whole story about playing with the board, and how she and my girlfriend had made contact with something, and then things got really weird for a minute, and then she just got this really awful feeling, and had to get out of there.

Me and my partner went down, and sure enough, as soon as we get there, my partner starts getting weirded out, and says we should leave. I'm WAY less sensitive than they are, so i used to depend on them to act as sort of paranormal seeing eye dogs....tell me when things were really bad, so i'd know when to stay, and when to go. My girlfriend wasn't really sensitive to this stuff at all, so she didn't leave the basement, because she had no way of knowing anything was wrong. I sent my partner back up, because he was very obviously being overwhelmed, and i continued on, and asked my girlfriend to come upstairs with us, because by this time, even i could tell things weren't right down there.

I listened to her side of the story, and she pretty much confirmed what my other team member had told me about the board, and the weirdness. Me and my people theorized that maybe whatever they'd done somehow created some kind of gateway or somesuch....if not that, then maybe they just let a bunch of entities through, because the place was very obviously screwed up after that.

What really sucked, was i had to sleep down 2 days later.

Things went relatively normal the weekend after the event....though, i noticed my girlfriend's behavior was slightly off. but i chalked it up to tiredness...she usually kept a pretty full schedule. I'm surprised she hadn't burnt herself out years before, lol

At any rate, It came time to go to bed, so i'm down there, i get set up, i turn out the lights and get into bed...all the really odd stuff started about 20 minutes later....i could swear there was something in the closet, but i didn't take a look, i saw light paterns on the ceiling, smelled odd smells, heard some things. I turned the lights back on, and tried watching TV, to fill time, because by this time, i was too spooked to sleep. Every so often, i'd get static, and the picture would do weird stuff, i'd get interference, and hear odd voices, and sometimes, in the static, faces would flicker onto the screen.

i got no sleep that night. When she came down to get me in the morning, i was still up, and when i explained what happened to her, she didn't see it as being that big a deal really, which surprised,me, because when i told her about stuff happening down there pre-event, she acknowledged that it was indeed odd, even though similar things had been reported by other friends of hers. But this time, she just more or less shrugged it off.

Looks like due to post size constraints, this is gonna be a two post story, yay...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So after that night of no sleep, and total weirdness, I called my partner, and asked him to come get me. I wanted to spend time with my girlfriend, but i was so tired. I had to get some sleep. I didn't go back to visit her until the next weekend. Her behavior was more off than the week previous, i mean, it was happening in slight increments at first...almost unnoticeable. I noticed, but i didn't think too much of it...i probably should have..

Over the next 2 months, her behavior became increasingly erratic, and out of character. She'd become much more....how can i put this tastefully?....Fervid, in her sexual desires, to the point of being really forceful about it. This was really out of character for her because she'd always been really discreet and careful about it, because she was worried about her parents becoming a bother, so it was agreed that we should keep things discreet, to avoid entanglements with her parents. But she didn't seem to care about that anymore. It got to the point where i'd just have her stay over at my place instead. (we used to switch off, every other week)

She also changed the way she dressed, cut her hair, got contacts....it was really starting to nag at me that something was amiss.

She'd enrolled at a local community college about a month before the event.....she was still going to that, but then in another change of behavior, she dumps all of her old friends, one by one, and starts replacing them with friends from college....now i'm not talking about the "i just don't have time to hang out with everyone all the time anymore" kinda dumped, i'm talking sever all contact and ties kinda dumped....and some of these friends she dumped were people she'd known since she was a little kid...her best friend was the last to go. She'd already stopped talking to my partner about a month earlier...she'd been friends with him for years...then she dumped me about 3 weeks after she stopped talking to her best friend. The real kicker, and again, this was really out of character for her, was that she tells me she's been seeing this guy for a week already, before she decided to dump me. I really didn't know what to make of it.

The whole thing, from the original event, to the time i was dumped, took roughly 6 months.

This all happened about 6 years ago, i only heard from her once more...about 9 months after she dumped me, this other guy dumped her. She, for some reason thought i should know. But she wasn't interested in getting back together, which was what was so weird about it. Why tell me, if you're not interested in getting back together?....

Anyway, i haven't heard from her since.....i sometimes wonder if she's alright, but i've never really wondered enough to actually make an inquiry.

Like i said though, due to her breaking up with me, i no longer have access to the premises, so further on-site investigation is impossible.

What do you guys make of all this?

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Daedalus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join