It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Web Panels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
How do I access Firefox Web Panels? I stumbled onto it by accident and thought it was great functionalty, how do I get it again. The customize buttons icons, not in there....

Also how would I load a particular webpage into it...thx

I thought I was pro on firefox until this heh :w:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean, but could this be what you are looking for
addons.mozilla.org...

Edit to add if you click the History button there is a tab for show in side bar?

[edit on 28/6/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i think your talking about the page holder feature, but if i remember correctly they removed it in the latest build of firefox because it was very buggy. firefox happen to update on you lately?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
i think your talking about the page holder feature, but if i remember correctly they removed it in the latest build of firefox because it was very buggy. firefox happen to update on you lately?

Hi, I've never sen this feature before, but it was really nice, having a search field open in a sidebar area, or a wiki or w/e...

It said web panel on the top of the sidebar area, where my bookmarks are normally...

I'm on 2.0.0.4 (checked the about ff page...)

thanks for any info, how can I get this back?

P.s. it opened to a lycos page at first...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
did some searching for you, you could give the content holder XUL app for firefox...

piro.sakura.ne.jp...

although you know you have tabs, those are like content holders. just open your next link into a brand new tab. grab your link and drag it into the tab bar, it will open up there instead of over your last page.

yeah, it looks like webpanel went out with FF 1.5 RC2

[edit on 6/28/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I'm not sure what you mean, but could this be what you are looking for
addons.mozilla.org...

Edit to add if you click the History button there is a tab for show in side bar

No I don't have those two extensions. I know you can get the following in the sidebar: bookmarks, history...I think thats it, until i saw this cool sidebar thing...

But yeah, I saw the text: "web panel" at the top of the sidebar, I dont think I was dreaming
In fact I kept it open for a while and did some searching for the item, couldnt find much, thats when I posted here...Don't know how this happened if I'm on FF 2.0.0.4 and it was phased out,.... *confused*

[edit on 6/28/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok have not been able to recreate the "web panel" sidebar thing again yet....tried alot of thing, CNTL-SHIFT-every possible char lol

I did find a Firefox extension however that may bring the web panel option, have to find it again and install it....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
web panels went away in FF 1.5 RC2, i dont think any combination of shortcuts is going to bring them back. you'll definitely need an extension, try that link i posted above.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
web panels went away in FF 1.5 RC2, i dont think any combination of shortcuts is going to bring them back. you'll definitely need an extension, try that link i posted above.

That what another poster said in the above posts, please read the above. I have FF 2.0.0.4 the latest one out, yet I had web panels show up, don't know how, I should have screenshotted it...

edit: o wait that was you

[edit on 6/29/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just found this topic because I was searching for web panels. I have version 2.0.0.11 and I have a web panel thingy in the sidebar now, and its cool, so I was looking for api's or something. It ssays "Web Panels" on the top of it like greatlakes says, and I don't have any extensions but firebug...

top topics

join