It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN has just lost a lot of respect from me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I object! FOX does a better job since they actually report these incidents without blatant mockery, unlike CNN or other major news networks out there. CNN is news like MTV is music. It's absolute trash.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Anyone have a link to the interview? Is it online yet?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hahaha! CNN is also known as Communist Network News. Least thats what us rednecks think.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am amazed for any news station to behave in this manner. Not seeing the story, its hard to comment on the validity of the person they were interviewing.

Why bother to do the piece at all? It only diminishes any respect someone might have for the organization, let alone the people associated with it.

Was the guy's story that 'far out there' to deserve this kind of mockery?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
CNN is a disgrace, and so is the majority of other news that is on the television. They ridicule things people have seen and glorify Paris Hilton etc. Its a disgrace and I wish people on mass just started to write them and complain about their garbage.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Whats important and downright sad is the fact that most of the country couldn't give a damn.

I've never heard truer words...

This is a sad, sad place we live in today, isn't it?

It seems that the most truthful news anchor out there is Jon Stewart...

[/really bad joke]

[edit on 6/26/2007 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am almost totally surprised that any of you are surprised at the depth of the shallowness of the various televised news networks. Really ... We all sit and watch these various stations when they spend so much time and energy with all their talking heads agonizing over the fate of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

I suspect that, unless you have some direct involvement, you cannot name two people, who are directly involved in the daily running of the war on terror. Other than Bernanke, who is involved in what is going on with our internal or external economy? Who is your local representative? The mayor of your town? Your state govenor? What kind of focus do "you" have on local, national, or even other international events (aside from Iraq/Afghanistan)?

We accuse the News Networks of being leftist, rightist, dumbing down, etc. But if you sit there and claim them as your news sources, it can, indeed, be a dumbing down. They (the news networks) are only driven by the dollars. If you don't like them, then perhaps, you can let them know ... Perhaps take an active path, by letting them know, and then not supporting them by buying products they aren't hawking...

Just thoughts, but it seems to me that if you know a skunk is a skunk, and still you try to pick it up, then you have No One Else to blame if you have to be washed down with tomato juice - The only surefire, easily available skunk smell eliminator! -

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just for your info, the man your telling to R.I.P, strangled his wife, smothered his 7 yr old son, then hung himself. I'm thinking he's probably rotting in hell instead of resting in peace.

www.ajc.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The ET False Flag Operation has begun, muwahahahahahahahahaha......

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Anyone have a link to the interview? Is it online yet?

Yea..it'd be helpful if someone at least posted a link to the interview that inspired this thread. I'm looking through but can't find it.

Edit: I see that it was a televised interview. Maybe it isn't out yet. I'd love to see it though.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
First of all, this was Glenn Beck who is a conservative talk show host. He is not a journalist and he offers opinions.

Second his shows premise is the fusion of entertainment and enlightenment which means he likes to keep you up to date on whats going on but he also wants to make you laugh. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

This case it did not work. If anyone who has watched the interview they would have noticed towards the end that the "re-enacted event" which he was trying to joke about was not doing this story justice and requested the program director to stop it.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with the rest of you about the controlled media. Its obvious the way they cover good stories with garbage headlines, hide stories in the back pages of papers, and make a mockery out of truth when it doesn't serve the intent of the powerful.

CNN is one of these media whores along with all of the big paper boys. On their knees begging for the next leak from the goverment to create a scandal and make money. They don't even care if its the truth, they just want to get it out there and entertain the masses with crap.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
First of all, this was Glenn Beck who is a conservative talk show host. He is not a journalist and he offers opinions.

Second his shows premise is the fusion of entertainment and enlightenment which means he likes to keep you up to date on whats going on but he also wants to make you laugh. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

This case it did not work. If anyone who has watched the interview they would have noticed towards the end that the "re-enacted event" which he was trying to joke about was not doing this story justice and requested the program director to stop it.

This is right on the money.
Glen Beck is not the standard of CNN, and from what I have seen, UFO stories are covered fairly ok, with occasional minor ridicule, depends on which pundit covers it...its the persons opinion usually not the whole network. Anderson Cooper has done some serious coverege on UFOs without any ridicule, I was surprised.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Someone should find a link to the shows producers, and we should e-mail them en masse to tell them how disgusting that was. Like bringing us back to the 50's. What a bunch of despicable losers.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319

Yeah after checking his CNN spot it describes him as

"Glenn Beck" is an unconventional look at the news of the day featuring Beck's unique and often amusing perspective on top stories from world events and politics to pop culture and everyday hassles. Like Beck's radio program, the show will be centered on current events and the opinions of Beck, all delivered in Beck's humorous, self-deprecating style.

So at least the "comedy" is part of his schtick... kudos for him for requesting the program director to stop it. Maybe his conscience got the best of him?

Anyway here's a link to the transcript page that should be updated with this story soon.

Glenn Beck UFO bit

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
It seems that the most truthful news anchor out there is Jon Stewart...

Naaaaaaah. He doesn't check his sources. He runs stories and then doesn't run corrections.

For instance - there was that fake note that someone photoshopped - it was supposedly a note that George Bush passed to Condi Rice asking for permission to go to the bathroom during a meeting. Jon Stewart ran with it. He had it as news. This .. even after we all here were able to instantly debunk it (the handwriting didn't match Bushs). He ran it even though ti was wrong. He never did a correction.

He's entertaining, but that's about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
HAHAHA You still watch CNN! What a tool! Wise up to those scum bags and you wont get burned by them and their -SNIP- propaganda bull crap. CNN pisses me off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join