It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN has just lost a lot of respect from me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I was just checking CNN Headline News to see if I saw anything about Chris Benoit (who was found dead today RIP), when I saw a pilot being interviewed. The pilot is a UFO witness. Well they showed a "reenactment" in which they showed two pairs of paper dishes on a string with a hand spinning them around.

Total B.S.
The pilot being interviewed was obviously not amused.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh yeah.. With the usual 1960's Sci-Fi b-movie background music of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I saw this too and thought the same thing. Even glenn didn't look too amused. You could see the occasional hand reach in to spin the paper plates. It was obvious that cnn was attempting to make the story look like a joke. They are making a mockery of the situation, and these types of things only support the idea that big media is in bed with the UFO cover up.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Bandit, dont you just love the way they mock anything having to do with UFO's?

There's always (like you said) some flashbacks of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" with the hatch opening...... Its sickening.....

Some persist and insist on having all things UFO be a "mass hallucination" or just Legend.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Also, earlier today I saw a CNN reporter attempt to claim the news was fair and balanced because there is more forms of news out there than ever before. She totally ignored the fact that CNN grabs a much larger audience than any "blog". CNN is just a propaganda machine, taking real stories and manipulating them to support the secret agenda.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, CNN is not the only one manipulating.

They all do, and the KING is FOX.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
CNN has just lost a lot of respect from me

I didn't see the interview in question, but CNN has been in the toilet for a long time because of stupid, fratboy pranks like this.

Welcome to the club.

What next?

Pro wrestling is as phony as a three dollar bill?

[edit on 2007/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes, it is beyond debate at this point.

Whats important and downright sad is the fact that most of the country couldn't give a damn.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have no problem with this from CNN. My reasoning:

CNN tends to be the news network everyone watches for the 'truth'. Realistically, UFO's are not the truth [for the majority of the population]... yet. That is why in the back of my mind i have always known that the day CNN conducts a serious UFO story, is the time that the government has decided to come clean, or at least the 'smoking gun' has been found.

On that day, you will find me glued to a TV watching CNN.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
CNN is bought out. Just like any other big media outlet, they are either owned by the MIC or have their own agenda... If you want news that are unbiased, check out French news.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure
If you want news that are unbiased, check out French news.

The way i get real news... is when i find a good story, i find all other sources, read up on them all. Then i proceed to check websites, and forums such as this that may be able to shed some more light on the otherwise dark world of media news.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
The way i get real news... is when i find a good story, i find all other sources, read up on them all. Then i proceed to check websites, and forums such as this that may be able to shed some more light on the otherwise dark world of media news.

Yeah, safer not to stick to only one source. You never know on how's payroll they are

And controlled media is nothing new...been like that forever.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
One day they can be on MY payroll...

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*wanders off to dream again*

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure

And controlled media is nothing new...been like that forever.

I agree, but depends how young or old you are, some of us still remembers when the media was unbiased, reporters were spontaneous and what is now know as media conglomerates was just a thing of the future.

Now the news we get are backed by who is paying the bills.

I agree with many here, our media is nothing but a big corporate joke.

BTW does anybody knows how many of our media outlets are bought by foreigners?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Never trust the media, especially those who are involved in the business of 'selling' news. Money corrupts !

At most, you are certain that 'something' happened. Do your own research, if its so interesting. Discard the so called 'expert opinions' or 'analysis' of the stories by the news readers....

Give the media anything and they will sensationalize it and dumb it down to the level of a retard, only because....it sells if shown like this.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm surprised these guys are covering it at all. I'm not sure what inspired them to do it. They mainly just cover the ufo stuff they have to cover.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Does anybody knows the head lines news today? even when you got into any of these media outlets home page you will find Paris Hilton in the main news.

That is what it sells. . . sex, scandals and juicy secrets. . .

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
[edit on 26-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Welcome to the 'CNN STINKS' club.

I hate CNN because they are so obviously left wing. But hey .. if you dont' like 'em because they also are mocking the UFO sightings .. that's fine too.

BTW .. FOX (YES FOX) has been doing rather well with the UFO stuff lately. They were talking about the mile wide one AGAIN this morning and they were not condensending at all IMHO (unless I missed something).

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
you will find Paris Hilton in the main news.

Doesn't that just take the cake???? Here we are .. sitting on a HUGE news story of a mile wide UFO sighting (along with sightings of other UFOs at the same time) and all they talk about is HER?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join