It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive 700 miles for 3 dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok here is my contribution to this forum where I have learned so much about surviving in these times, and any that may come our way.

The Formula,
My topic is how to drive for 700 miles on 1 gallon of gasoline cost.This will work on all VW Diesel 1975-1990VW PickupTruck,Golf, Jetta or,Rabbit diesel.
The most fuel efficiant vehicle ever made in production will have to be the 1980-84 Volkswagen Diesel Rabbit Pickup truck.(DRPT) This vehicle gets 68miles per gallon flatland,on diesel fuel, house heating oil, tractor fuel,kerosene, as well as vegetable oil.
Recently I have discovered it will run on strait fryer vegetable oil, no bio-conversion, oil right in the tank.
The most efficient way to filter the used oil is to buy a fryer oil filter wire basket and a 50pack of the cone paper filters, and a 5gallon clean bucket.
With this method one can filter 5 gallons of used fryer oil in 5 minuites. Filter the veg oil 2 times, then pour directly into the tank, then add about a gallon of gas per 14 gallons of veg oil. i have even been adding veg oil to the crankcase when the engine oil gets too low
The Fryer oil makes the car run better than on diesel.
A person can collect the used oil from local bars, ice cream stands, any place that does alot of fried stuff, they throw away thousands of gallons of the veg oil each day in most area, and i only need like 20 gallons a week driving a hour and a half to work and back.
The key is to use "clear style" veg oil, "creamy" tends to clog the diesel fuel filter. I advise to always carry a spare fuel filter and a bit of gasoline to clear out clogged fuel filters.The best part is its smells like french fries when your driving.In the winter you have to run more diesel than veg oil because of the smoke point of veg oil and its viscosity when cold.
The rabbits and rabbit trucks are tough to find cheap.Look on ebay or craigs list, I always look in city alleyway backyard streets for vw diesel laying around in backyards. I have bought these diesels for 200 dollars before, primed the pump, and filter and drove them away with the title in hand. They are really easy to fix as well especially with the internet mechanics resources.I have seen the diesel and gas vw with 300,00-500,000miles quite a few times.
You can also use the diesel vw as a generator via a power inverter off the battery. running on veg oil is closest thing to free energy.
I drive for close to free, and you can too with this formula.
Good luck, and survive the gas gouge any way you can.
Dont waste ny time

[edit on 25-6-2007 by dntwastetime]

[edit on 25-6-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
IMO unless you have mechanical knowledge and you know how to maintain and build a modified Diesel or steam engine you would be better off sticking with a mountain bike with some kind of trailer attached and or using animals for transport. An Horse drawn cart springs to mind Camels could also be used in some regions of the world.

Just my 10 cents .

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There is no modifications nessesary, on most diesels, and Diesel fuel filters take about 5 minuites to change they are right next to the oil fill cap, and anyone can learn how to change it and save 5000 a year on gas . Another plus is the the variety of fuels that can be mixed and ran in diesels,including used motor oil soy, seseme , anything.
So .. alot of diesel powered vehicles will run on filtered veg oil, and a bit of gas with no modifications.
Using Veg oil is a way to survive after some of the situationXs, as well as in this current time,because gas is way too high.Tip :Collect the fryer oil, then have your kids making biodiesel in the garage for there allowance.
I may have been too complex as well as bad grammar in my description. I am sure it sounds unbelievable, but it will keep all your money right in your pocket where it belongs.I used the vwtruck as an illustration of the potential of fryer oil to survive Now.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The other thing to bear in mind is the amount of vegetables you would need to produce vegetable fuel. Remember that you are growing the number of required vegetables on top of what you need to feed yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The other thing to bear in mind is the amount of vegetables you would need to produce vegetable fuel. Remember that you are growing the number of required vegetables on top of what you need to feed yourself.

xpert11 not trying to be an arse here but try being a little more supportive instead of poking every thing. and go to this web site.
vegie cars

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I may be wrong, but I believe it is illegal to do this because you can bypass taxes... at least in the U.S. anyway. I remember reading about some guy who got fined for not paying fuel tax.

That is... if they catch you doing it

[edit on 28-6-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure where this fits...

In a survival scenario... What are the chances of having post apocalyptic fast food restaurants that WVO (waste vegetable oil, the correct term) could be collected from?

And it also implies that refined gasoline would be available as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
My mothers' boyfriend converted his VW bus to run on vegetable oil, so I can vouch for the validity of this. He does know quite a bit about cars, but with a little determination anyone should be able to do this too.

And to xpert11, he's talking about picking up used vegetable oil from restaurants (like what they fry french fries in), you don't have to grow any vegetables or produce anything yourself. My mom's boyfriend just goes to Wendy's and they are more than happy to let him cart it away rather than have to pay to dispose of it themselves.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Look I'm not being negative I am simply pointing out facts.
If your pick up truck broke down could you fix it and make replacement parts ?
I couldn't do anything like that for my car so I know that method of transportation isnt a long term option in an survival situation.

The problem with the source of fuel is that restaurants wont be open and producing vegetable oil in an survival situation.

This topic seems better suited to the Automotive forum on BTS.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
I may be wrong, but I believe it is illegal to do this because you can bypass taxes... at least in the U.S. anyway.

Its not illegal to do this. You don't have to drive a car. There is no law that says you must own a car and use petroleum to fuel it.

Great post dntwastetime. My girlfriend's friend started doing something similar to this. He takes used oil from a local restaurant and converts it at home into useable engine fuel. I don't think he really does much to it, he may even use it as is. I'm not sure, but I could ask. This only works for diesels so far, which happen to be much more efficient than gasoline powered cars. Unfortunately diesel fuel is probably much more polluting than refined fuel. Then again, that's what the media tells us so it could be completely wrong. I just know any form of fossil fuel is not very good for us (by proxy shouldn't be used at all). I'm part of the blame though, I do drive a gasoline car. I do have electricity which probably comes from a coal plant.

Its up to each individual to make a conscious decision to change.

One person can change the course of history.

This technology is something that can change one person, even more than one...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Gasat3.00is a situation X in disquise,so itis relevant in my opinion,It could save lives and familys from financial destruction NOW.If my grammar was better then it would LOOK better,but I dont have alot of time to wasteabsorb this knowledge,and take it how you want to.In survival situations,one mans trash is another mans free ride,I have read on this board the mind being the number1 tool for survival,this postis meant totune the survival mind to escape,and evade the gas station the worst enemy of the world. A better chance to survive situationX couldrequire,knowing a minimal amount of mechanical,and electrical,while using the minimum amount of resources.Knowledge is key in my opinion.If people cant fix there ride,they are stuck.I could need to get to my wife and kids, or get us all to the mountains, There is no electricity,and no gas pumps working,but your allowed to drive still,and all the diesel and gas is gone.Im sure within 1 mile there is at least 20 gallons of used motor oil,soy hydraulic oil,anything,lying around,in gallon jugs on the side of garages behind houses,inside garages,or you can ask people to give you used motor oil for a ride if they have enough to be worth it, drain old cars of oil,Mix it all together if you have to and dump it in the tank. this will work if you know how to do a few basic things and have about a half gallon of diesel or vegoil.Vegetable oil often gets discarded in edible oil barrels outside and 55gallon drums of rancidfryer oilcouldb overlooked by most people,not many people could find uses for the veg oil,or used motor oil,but of course enough minds witin each area will probably get all the veg oil before we get there, but i bet there will be a quart or2 of oil at the bottom of these barrels,but maybe not.A person could also start stockpiling the oil now since its free and bypass drive awaylater with a bed full of 55 gallon drums of fryer grease.Ithink a person could have 200 gallons of vegfuel for FREEincontainers all stacked up nice. add thin stainless or thicker cold roll steelplating to the vehicle,so as not to get sniped driving while everyone else is walking.also buyrunflat tires,put upgraded suspention,and protect the radiator,engine compartment from projectiles.car will lose mpg but make the car a escape pod.Paint thinner to thin veg oil if no gas availible might work,it seems workable.car will still run on just strait oiluntil the filter clogs then its20-35 mph.If a person could invent aveg oil filter that is cleanable(with a backup)then the gasoline would not be as nessesary,only in winter, bosch dieselinjection pumps allow 30% gasoline to diesel prevent gelling in diesel fuel,im not sureif this is enough to make the veg oil work in winter, usually you would need to start and end on diesel via a multi fuellineintake.Quote fromveggie cars link provided,"The use of Vegetable Oil Fuel is carbon positive,this means that more carbon is locked up into the soil from growing the oil seed plant than released into the atmosphere by burning the oil produced from it.While the exhaust releases greenhouse gasses not that much different to petroleum fuels,the carbon being released was only captured from the atmosphere by the oil seed plant in the last couple of years.By using Vegetable Oil as fuel,you are taking part in the carbon cycle,reducing the carbon in the atmosphere rather than releasing more carbon from ancient deposits."How about a biodiesel 4 wheeler with a trailer This is for advanced mechanics, or really ambitious ATSrs.I believe the most mpg of any mass production diesel vehicle is avwdunebuggyconverted todiesel1.5.atvvegoilvehicle,that can go into woods and trails, and is street legal the here is the way to make a diesel beetle railbuggy or manx or custom tube atv chassis get 80+mpg.VW Vanagon Diesel transmission mounted to a water cooled 1.5l rabbit diesel motor,mounted into a vw beetle floorpan railbuggy with a radiator attached as well as custon water cycling system.80mpg

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Fryer basket5 dollars for a millon gallons of strained fuel.Ok here is a link to a picture of a fryer filtering basket, all you need is paper cones to put in the basket, set on a clean 5 gallon bucket,and then strain your fry oil, and dump it right in the tank.Ride on into the sunset with all your money in your pocket bruthers, and sisters.
DWT drives for free

[edit on 12-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is really fascinating. What sort of acceleration and cruising speed can you get with such a configuration?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The diesel motors will run just as fast as you want to go, the motor actually runs better on Veg oil, it seems to lubricate the cylinders better, and smells like chicken tenders!!!its fun to blow veg oil smoke on your azz riders as well just press the pedal a bit harder and wallah! car behind you is covered in smoke!!!!YAAAAY!!!Instant gratification!!!Gotta love it!!
Look up rabbit truck diesel on ebay they are worth like 8000 from california no less than 3000 even roitten, because of the 60 plus mpg.My rabbit truck gets about 65-68mpg It is amazing really.VW diesel veg oil is the way to save the day for you.
Hope you can get one.If you need help let me know I am a 13 year VW master tech, I know almost everything about VWs gas, and diesel.
DWT

[edit on 12-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I do not mean to keep posting in my thread .I do however want to warn anyone...DO NOT PUT VEG OIL IN YOUR CRANKCASE LIKE MOTOR OIL. Being the experimental type, I tried to do this and clogged up the oil passages in my motor and burned up the head. I had to put a totally different motor in because the veg oil turned into glue after driving with even a small amount of oil.Really stupid move by me.I wrote above it was possible to use V oil for crankcase, this is a no no.
Ok enough outta me. If you need help DWT just ask me.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
might be better off EATING the vegi oil so u don't starve to death.

new topics

top topics

join