It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Leadership (and compromise) in Washington Leads to the death of thousands..again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Back to the Future! (A soon-to-be printed newspaper article from any city in America)

Too little too late!

“On______, 20__ America was hit again! After years and year’s debate on how to handle this inevitable event with open borders, disagreements from our leaders, and clear early warning signs, many directly from the terrorist’s mouth…see the attached home-made video on American soil from the month before…it appears we have dropped the ball…again!

We now know the death total is well over 5,000. On the day after it happened, President _________ commissioned a group of top philosophical, business and community leader to access ‘why.’

After much internal fighting and debate The _______ Commission decided to utilize a business process assessment tool popularized by a money-making machine, The Toyota Motor Company. The problem solving tool is called 5-Why. The tool’s basic premise is to ask ‘why’ at least five times, which for many decades have lead business leaders to the root cause of a number of issues.

Interestingly enough this tool is counter-intuitive. For example, if you were told that the reason the Jefferson Memorial building was decaying much more quickly than it should be…….and that the reason was because the lights were being turned on, you’d question that logic, wouldn’t you? But it’s true and here’s how the 5-Why gets you there.

Effect - Jefferson Memorial decaying prematurely.
Why? Building being washed to remove bird feces.
Why? Lots of birds coming to eat nats.
Why? Nats are plentiful.
Why? They are attracted to the light coming on early.
Root Cause-Turn on the lights later.

Less nats + less birds + less feces + less washing = longer lasting building.

So the reason the building was falling apart is the lights were turned on!

This same logic was applied to the latest terrorist attacks.

Effect – Over 5000 Americans died.
Why? Terrorists got close enough to kill.
Why? Terrorists went undetected and garnished killing devices.
Why? Terrorists blended in our population.
Why? Terrorists got across the border unimpeded.
Why? Border security had holes in it.
Why? Washington Leaders couldn’t compromise on a solution to protect it’s citizens.

Maybe now they will???

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And after the 5-Why's
They will make the 5-How's...

Goal - Stop Terrorists
How? Supression of freedom
How? Create fear in population
How? Intimidation of both foreign and homeland populations
How? Increase military power
How? Through lies
End-result: The Government administration will last out its 2x4-years period.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
? I'm sorry I missed your point, really how it relates to an answer I can rap my mind around. These are dangerous times, do you agree? This is not about power, per se' We have built in checks and balances, WE, the people, will revolt, should the situation go beyond reason...that's not the discussion here (I hope)

My issue is the constant egocentric bickering, in Washington, which leads to nothing...nothing that helps keep you and your kids safer.

What we need is leaders to lead, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes, I agree to that we need leaders.
It is only the question on how we are being led by our leaders I dislike.

I don't need a leader that is corrupt. -For starters.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yes this are dangerous times, but not any dangerous that any other period in our world history, actually we had plenty of worst times before.

But right now the worst enemy to the American people is our own corporate corrupted elected for the people and by the people politicians.

They are on an agenda and they are fighting us the only power than can question their authority, the people that elected them.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
These ARE more dangerous times, nuclear, is so wide spread.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
These ARE more dangerous times, nuclear, is so wide spread.

Yes but remember who was the first country to ever used this terrible weapon.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yes...but would the alternative have been worse?? Most definitely, more lifes would have been lost...hard times take hard decisions...

And what a great strides in both countries since, The electronic industry advances, Toyota, computers, etc...none of what you enjoy today would be here if American had not won...

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Yes...but would the alternative have been worse?? Most definitely, more lifes would have been lost...hard times take hard decisions...

This is the reason given to be able to sleep better at night, death of humanity is never justifiable.

I wonder in 30 years how we will explain the genocide going on in Iraq . . . by then generations will be brainwashed to believe anything.

And what a great strides in both countries since, The electronic industry advances, Toyota, computers, etc...none of what you enjoy today would be here if American had not won...

Sure what can I said it took lots of blood and an entire generation of people but . . . we got Toyota.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You can point out who used nuclear weapons first but it is moot. The fact remains that there is a great possibility of a nuke going off in an American city.

Does that make it right? No, of course it doesn't. The point of this post is to remind us that there is a threat out there and our politicians are sitting on their hands and doing nothing to truly protect its people. They are caught up in a never ending re-election campaign, catering to the ones who fund them instead of catering to the people who voted them into office.

The true outrage is that we the people have been let down by our do nothing politicians who want money for their next campaign rather than actually listening to the will of the people.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
YES!!!!! Thank you for picking up the thread...Spread the word, I know that if more people read this hypothetical (but potentially very real) article, we may spark some discussion and have an impact on Washington. Again thx, you made some great points!

top topics

join