It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange going on... is it a ghost or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi all,

Ok, I'm thinking something a bit strange is going on... I have baby moniters set up for my son so we can hear him when he's in his crib and were on the other side of the house... Lately when he's in his crib I can hear someone talking, but I can't make it out very well. Sounds like someone saying hush or something in a calm soothing voice. Sometimes I hear singing/humming as well. No one is in the room with him, and were not picking up someone else's signals. Another thing is he will be looking at nothing and his eyes will track something, and he will smile a lot and giggle, as if he's reacting to someone...

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Children can see ghosts because they are not desinsitized to them; maybe you have a spirit in your house. If you have a recorder, you could try picking up EVP's or you could put a video camera in the baby's room to see if you can pick up anything. Have you ever experienced in other weird things happening in the house, either before the baby, or after. You know things moving, voices not associated with the baby moniter, cold spots, ect.?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This has happend to my brother also. You should probaly do some reasearch and see if someone might have died in the house. Set up a video tape also and post it if you catch anything. But it sounds like a friendly ghost so i would not be worried

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hi MacSen191.

This phenomena/visitation seems to be quite benevolent, and was presented in a calm, factual way indicating you're not too concerned, so maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

I agree with ChrisJr03; children can and do see things we, as tarnished adults, cannot. My wife (who is a card carrying, but wavering, skeptic regarding all things spooky) told me recently that she had observed our neice, who is now 21, when she was a child happily chatting to an empty room.
Her conversation was punctuated by natural pauses, as it would be when interrupted by someone else, and totally indicative of being talked to.
Despite her standpoint on the supernatural, my wife is adamant that the child was not interacting with her dolls (for one, she was looking up, as if speaking to an adult), as she spoke to her toys in a completely different way.
Unfortunatley, my wife neglected to ask the child who she was talking to...

Just a thought to finish; have you lost someone close to you recently. someone who might have had an emotional attachment to your baby?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
fyi...

Um, do a little research on Radio Frequency Interference, or RFI.

Baby monitors use common frequencies and can interfere with each other, especially in densely populated metropolitan areas. Also, in more rural areas, the signals can travel great distances. (since there are fewer obstacles - buildings and such, etc)

But really, ghosts???
I don't belive that, or would even think that for a second.

[edit on 6/25/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Set up a recorder in the room in the same area as the monitor. Maybe you'll catch the same sounds on tape.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, when this did start happening it was around the 15 year anniversary of my Mom's death, and she told me once that she was sorry she wouldn't be around to see and spoil her grandchildren, and this is my first child.

I believe in ghosts... seen a bit too much to deny that they or something is there. As my Mom died she was laughing and talking to her sister who died a long time ago. That and they day my Grandma died, at the excat time I was on the school bus, I just burst out crying and my friends got really scared cuz apparently I was rambling on that she was gone. I felt my Grandma sitting next to me, and felt her say goodbye and that she was sorry. When I got home(my Dad didn't call the school or anything)... it was just like I left it that morning, but there was a subtle change... I walked inside and asked my Dad if it was quick and if she was awake.(She had cancer and was really bad off...) Dad was really weirded out that I knew already... but we were just relived she was not in pain anymore.(The Cancer affected her brain and she didn't even know anyone or herself before she died.)

I also had a ex-boyfriend who lived with me, he really hurt me and then a lot of his things went missing he used on a daily basis. We couldn't find them anywhere. He started getting scratches and red marks all over his body. He started hearing a voice of a very angry woman yelling at him, and it was getting so bad for him that he packed up his stuff and left. The day he left all the things that went missing of his just showed up on the front porch.

Plus, some friends and I were bored one night when we were teenagers and went over to investigate an abonded haunted school in the nearby town and I had some experiences I will never forget. Plus we caught some stuff on tape that really freaked us all out. Sorry this was so long...

I think I'm going to try to record with the video camera tonight and see what turns up... I'll let you all know what happens. I'll research RFI as well...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
freaky stuff man

sounds like your mom is being your..."guardian angel" i guess

pretty interesting though.

-KatieD

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have four children,baby monitors will receive all manner of external signals.I have had neighbours come in on them,all sorts of extraneous noise.Do not jump on your initial knee jerk impulse for some odd/special explanation.
Please don't think I'm disparaging what is going on,you may well have something happening.Be open minded and try and eliminate mundane possibilities,my only concern is for you and the welfare of your child,as a first time dad I know there was more than one instance of jumping out of bed and running in to find the wee fella sleeping like a baby ,unlike myself.
Good luck and happy health to all o' ye

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You have nothing to worry about as long as the baby has NO scratch's or marking's. Children have spirit guide's that watch over them when they are new to this world,It could be someone on ethier side of your family, when a family has someone pass to the spirit world,The spirit is just to watch over them,You will hear thing's on your baby monitor just as me and my wife do.The spirit is just trying to comfort the baby.If you have any question's feel free to send me a U2U,I'll do my best to help you find out the spirit's name.If you or your spouse have had a love one pass it's very possible it is that person's wanting to be part of your child's life.Later in life when your child get's old enough to have an imaginary friend don't disencourage there relationship,A child is born with no fear so don't make them afraid of something just because you can't see what your child can see.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've always wondered about the relationship between imaginary friends and ghosts. It seems fairly strange that we, as children, would create complete beings out of thin air and hold pretend conversations with them for no logical reason, especially when we have more than enough social interaction with family members. (I.e., it's not like we are creating these things out of a need for/lack of interaction.)

For what it's worth (probably not much), I know that most of my imaginary friends were dogs, but there were one or two that weren't. One of them I described to my parents as being made of a yellowish liquid. Strange, huh?

And my girlfriend can recall the name of her imaginary friend and describe her in full, complete detail to this day, more than 15 years later.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by OhioUTOD]

top topics

join