It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Pyramid of China may not be White Pyramid of China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
it was described as a perfect pyramid with a shining capstone
what your saying reeks of an overactive imagination and nothing more

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ok, it is the SHAPE.

How sharp is the top of those pyramids in Egypt? In mm, cm, m, dm, km?
Make your rules and tell us please. How sharp is sharp?

The China pyramid looks like pyramid, it is not pure white but it is white. So?????????

Anyway, it is not the REAL THING if it is not something controlled by European. --- This is what British try to tell you!

The real thing is the thing that has been controlled by European.

Egypyt pyramid is real, China pyramid is fake. --- This is what British try to tell you!

How about a well ornamented pyramid in Indonesia the largest moeslems country? the Borobudur?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-3

How about a well ornamented pyramid in Indonesia the largest moeslems country? the Borobudur?

Borobudur is a ninth century Buddhist Mahayana monument in Central Java, Indonesia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur
you were told this before
NOT MOSLEM PYRAMID
Buddhist temple built by Buddhists
NOT MOSLEMS

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The pilot was quoted as saying that he came around a mountain peak to a narrow valley in which he saw a beautiful white pyramid, capped by a gem. that it looked like something out of a fairy tale. that he wanted to land and investigate it, but there was nowhere to land.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
yeah how convenient was that

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
yeah how convenient was that

He supposedly took a pic of it at the time but since he was reconnaisance, the film roll was mostly of classified sites other than the pyramid. so it, and the rest of the images on the roll, were filed and marked (not sure if it was top or just secret, but definitely classified). not sure if the original image was ever released. the old images shown today, are from someone else who went there in the 50's, i believe. that image is of a different one, i do believe.

for example, the WWII pilot said that it was

-at least 1000 ft tall. that's an unheard of height for pyramidal structures of any kind.

-for it not to be re-discovered frequently enough to really fuel the history of it, would suggest, if it is real, that it would be tucked away on a valley that is surrounded (as the pilot states) by mountains that rise over 1000 ft from the valley floor (so the pyramid would not be visible from the areas like xian.

-it would have to be away from rivers and roads that wind through the mountains south of xian, in an out of the way location.

-because the pilot was flying between xian and assam, it would have to be somewhere on a trajectory between those two locations.

-because the area had no truly flat locations available to land his plane, it would have to be in an area where the valley is only temporarily flat (on which the pyramid would be resting). this means a pretty narrow valley, with otherwise rough terrain.

-he said it was white, and either metal or stone, and had a capstone that was made from what looked to be a precious gem. he doesn't describe it in the available quote, so what kind of precious gem is a mystery.

- he described it as being at least 40 miles south west of xian. the only mountain ranges with narrow valleys south of xian are about that far away.

the other information that makes me think it might be still officially undiscovered is that the chinese government didn't really think of the available pyramids as pyramids o begin with. yet, all such buildings in other places in the world have been generally referred to as pyramids or pyramidal. not because they are all technically, pyramids, in the traditional sense of the word, but because the concepts are similar enough and far enough back in the ancient past to quantify them as of similar origin.

china is trying to distance itself from its ancient past, as it has a huge religiously traditional population in some areas, and that's a big enough social battle as it is. incorporating things like massive white pyramids capped with huge gemstones, and who knows what else, would fuel a firestorm of controversy in the traditionally religious. i don't think the chinese government wants that additional burden. they've acquiesed to the burial tomb pyramids and approached them as historical monuments, but imagine what would happen if they revealed something along the same lines and scope as the great pyramid of egypt (which we all know is a source of more religious conjecture and controvery than probably any other building on the planet).

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

the other information that makes me think it might be still officially undiscovered

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
More google earth angles of the area:

i didn't realize you could not only see the overhead view,
but various angles of the view from ground level or
higher. cool feature. so i did some tinkering with various
heights looking at it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
so i did some tinkering with various
heights looking at it.

and all of a sudden its obviously very flat and part of the natural landscape

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

and all of a sudden its obviously very flat and part of the natural landscape

erm, no, it's not flat. It's been modified to look flat only at or near ground level. all other views show it more in 3d, and it's got height and depth. hey, did you notice the dragon's head? i bet this is a very old and very unique archaeological site that ties to ancient Egypt. wish i could find an independent satellite photo of it that hadn't been doctored.

the only other possibility is that when they found it, the commies decided it'd be more valuable to dismantle it and sell its contents and materials on the market for their current going price. and that would only be if they're that afraid that'd spark a religious revival and cause political imbalance. it could also be that they're other such sites on the planet that have been equally hidden because the evidence is too hard to explain within the current construct of history.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Tell you what, I'll ask hubby to find out if that guy's story is in the files of the Air Force Historian on the base here. If so, it's not pseudohistory, it's history as described by an "official" witness who documented it. They don't have to release the original image, only that the guy did indeed say that and it's part of the record. I could ask that the image be released, of course, but what are the chances of that, if the Chinese government doesn't want it released?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
[quote
Tell you what, I'll ask hubby to find out if that guy's story is in the files of the Air Force Historian on the base here. If so, it's not pseudohistory, it's history as described by an "official" witness who documented it. They don't have to release the original image, only that the guy did indeed say that and it's part of the record. I could ask that the image be released, of course, but what are the chances of that, if the Chinese government doesn't want it released?

Finally, something that is not speculation. That would be a great Idea to see if there is in fact a debreifing of this pilot. Any name, or flight number or date, or anything that can be used for an FOIA request.

I am guessing that as you ask around, the Air force wont have any info.
That will surely confirm your theory of a cover up

[edit on 27-6-2007 by ultralo1]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ultralo1,

well the problem with "speculation" accusations is, that it's called speculation only if it isn't mainstream. if it is mainstream, then it's not speculation.

that's not how you tell the difference between a speculation of course, because in both cases, a speculation is still a speculation, but being alternative automatically assumes its speculative. if i produce non-speculative evidence, marduk will just drone on that it was an american pilot, so it's to be expected that he was hallucinating/lying/exaggerating/etc.

it's a no win scenario, but i'll still see if i can verify it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well hubby corrected the article on one instance: Gaussman couldn't have been Air Force, as there was no US Air Force in WWII. There was, however, Army-Air Corps, so that narrows down the search a bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
New data: According to the PAC AF (Pacific Air Force theater of operations) historian I spoke with, later in the war, the name was changed from Army-Air Corps to Army-Air Force. All documents relating to any such individual would thus be in the archives of the Army. So, off I go contact the Army Historian.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And yet more info:

I'm told I would have to search the archives, and thus I'm at the National Archives, hip deep in archived microfilms and pdfs.

Oy. This could take awhile.

And now I'm in Audio - Video - Film recordings. Nothing but presidential speeches. Must be looking in the wrong area.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I dont really see the tie with Egytian history here

And i really cant see anything strange in those pictures either.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So far, nothing. most of the images from that time frame were saved to video discs in the 70's and placed in the national air and space museum, which was then transferred in the 80's, to the national archives.
there's no way to isolate out just one person or country. it's by region, and there's alot of activity in that region (it includes japan, korea, china, the pacific theater, and alot of it is maritime. there's no way to isolate the search to air force only.)

i went back to the original article and did more net searches on it. it appears one of gaussman's images was posted in the new york sunday times on march 30th, 1947 (2 years after it was allegedly taken), but the online archives for new york times only go back to 1984 on the subject of china. the image appears to be the same one that is on the net, anyway, so that doesn't help.

without access to the national archives, where i could go in and bug the receptionists for help and clues on how to wade through it, i dunno if i'll be able to locate the evidence. i will call them tomorrow and see if they can't give me hints over the phone, although i can't imagine how it will end very well since i'm not about to pay them money for copies of the info. accessing personal records, which would prove james gaussman was who the article says he was, requires more specific info than just his name, even for a simple genealogy search. i don't have more specific info.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not sure if this can help in your search for info but Gaussman i read somewhere was ficticious, try Sheahan, i think that was his name, michael maybe. I cant verify this but he was also a pilot who was supposed to have seen the pyramid.

mojo

[edit to add]

Ahh it was Maurice Sheahan not Michael. Interesting read but take with a pinch of salt. I had a bit of a look on google earth and couldnt really see anything, but good luck with it.

link

One clarification was discovered: Don Sheahan found a letter written by his father, Col. Sheahan, on January 31, 1961, to a Mr. E. Leslie Carlson, who had a theory connecting the Chinese pyramid to the ancient Sumerians. He had also asked for a photograph. Sheahan wrote:
The large pyramid is probably between 500 feet and 600 feet high and the reported 1,000 feet was exaggerated in several translations from the Chinese li to metric to feet.

Nice thread no matter what you find out.

[edit on 27/6/07 by mojo4sale]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join