It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Around the World [Pic]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

A trip from Cairo at 86 cents TO Berlin at $6.42 dollars

source:
www.wired.com...

Oslo, Norway: $6.48/gallon
Norway is the world's third-largest oil exporter, but hefty taxes aimed at reducing CO2 emissions mean high prices for petrol.

Tehran, Iran: $0.33/gallon
Despite massive oil reserves, limited refinery capacity forces Iran to import much of its gasoline. Still, government subsidies keep it cheap.

Lagos, Nigeria: $1.92/gallon
In a country where the per capita daily income is $3.84, $2-a-gallon gasoline is no bargain, leading thieves to tap oil pipelines in the delta.

Beijing, China: $2.44/gallon
An economic boom — coupled with the middle class's growing appetite for vehicles with four wheels — is likely to drive gas prices higher.

[edit on 6/23/2007 by a1ex]

---------------------------------
edit: title spelling

[edit on 23-6-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
$6.65...the highest price of all to fill-up in London? And on top of the £5-a-day congestion charge?

Sux to be motorist (and a Londoner...but then I would say that being a Manc, hehehe)

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
When you put it in gallons wow that is high. But in litres it is easier to muster at 0.97. We need that water powered technology fast!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The prices are a reflection of the GDP
lol its sad that "they" could sell it at a world wide fixed rate
but no lets charge the richies up the A**

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
from now on Im importing my gas from Iran!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How much of those prices are taxes built into the cost of the gas?

I think pre tax cost would give a different picture.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Funny that we bring the prices of "other countries" when we compare what we are paying "here" in our own nation.

But what I find more striking is . . . that a oil producing country like ours should be paying as much as we do for foreign oil.

That is the question that we most ask, why so much dependency, when we produce oil, and please the propaganda of saving our oil is nothing but BS.

I agree that none producing countries should pay for their consumption they needed more than oil producing nations does after all.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Guess how much gas was in 1918? (adjusted for inflation)

A more amusing (and less distorted) graph would be the average cost per driven mile.

does anyone believe that wages vs. cost-of-living has been dropping for over 30 years. Hidden inflation. (Notice there's no daily inflation figures in the news any more?)

"more than 15 million Model Ts were manufactured" en.wikipedia.org...

Today we have over 600 million cars worldwide, and the Chinese market will almost double that.

Production of oil was low, and demand was high for short periods. Comparison of prices is not justified.

The crash of civilizations and the exhaustion of natural resources always occur at their peak. (Greeks)

some points i found in various sites...

top topics

join