It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-year-old girl has IQ of 152..could have been Higher but she had to nap.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Two-year-old girl has IQ of 152..could have been Higher but she had to nap.

news.bbc.co.uk

A two-year-old girl has astounded experts by scoring 152 in an IQ test - already putting her in the top 2% of the population.

Georgia Brown, from Aldershot, Hampshire, has now become the youngest ever female member of British Mensa.

Psychologist Joan Freeman, who tested Georgia, said she thought the toddler could have scored even higher but needed a nap after 45 minutes of work.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
2 yrs 9 Months!
I think she's already on the top 2% of the population already.

Another Interesting read:
en.wikipedia.org...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
First-born children do have higher IQ....one of the most important studies on birth order and intelligence in the last 75 years

new Noregian study, published in the June 22 issue of the journal Science, analyzed the IQs of nearly 250,000 Norwegian 18- and 19-year-old draftees and found that older siblings had higher scores than younger siblings.

source

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by a1ex
First-born children do have higher IQ....one of the most important studies on birth order and intelligence in the last 75 years

new Noregian study, published in the June 22 issue of the journal Science, analyzed the IQs of nearly 250,000 Norwegian 18- and 19-year-old draftees and found that older siblings had higher scores than younger siblings.

source

Interesting. Wonder if it's because they receive more one-on-one with the parents/attention?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
oh farout, my Daughter's iq is 147 at the age of 7. I never thought it was anything spec.

Is that high?? really??? 152?

or is that age comparative?
Nobody made a fuss either, she just went in spec classes but thats it.

She has long term recall and so thats the only reason the put her in extra classes. Hmmm I knew she was smart but never made a big deal, she taught herself to read, write and speak Japanese, oh and piano, guitar. I just thought she was gifted in those ways. And she just dropped out of school to do modelling... I was upset cos I would have liked her to finish school but she really became depressed at school. Hated it... all the BS theory, she would get an A+ for physics/maths but fail soce/english subjects. I think the curriculum is BS anyway. I wished she just could have studied physics/sciences and maths but she had to do all of this extra mundane stuff and I agree, no wonder she was depressed.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sorry to come and wet on the fire, but I belong to the...

"IQ don't mean diddley posse!"

The kid's only two, so it's a bit early two start banging any drums yet, autism quite offen kicks in around 4/5 years of age!!

Also a lot of smart kids these days seem to have serious attention issues (ADA ADHD).

It could also be that she's a freaking genius!! Only time will tell.

Brains don't mean Smarts!

top topics

join