It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags

www.cnn.com

- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.
And she was just there, calm, probably in shock from everything."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
(I did a search and I couldnt find this topic sorry if it has been posted)

WOW..I wonder if its to late to reattatch them?? But that is just crazy. I cant imagine going on a rolloar coaster then leaving minus the 2 legs I came in with. She should sue so she can get some hi-tech artificical ones and for therapy..If i were here i think i prob. would have been calm from the shock also

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I read a bunch of these articles this morning and none of them say how it happened. They just say that she went on the ride and then came off missing both feet.

HOW did this happen? Does anyone know? Do the authorities even know yet? This is the strangest thing I have read in a long time.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'd imagine people noticing the girl missing her feet while she got off the ride...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

HOW did this happen? Does anyone know? Do the authorities even know yet? This is the strangest thing I have read in a long time.

I believe the article says something about a cable snapping and hitting her leggs...now that i think of it how it that she was the only one hurt. I would imagine that the cable would have been quite large unless it was ..targeting her ..i guess.

apc

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When I read the headline I imagined a really really tall girl riding the Batman ride...

But when it said Superman, everything became clear. Superman doesn't need feet!

SR

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I'd imagine people noticing the girl missing her feet while she got off the ride...

I wonder how she even got off or where the legs landed
crazyyyyy.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sounds like part of the script for one of the Final Destination movies. You don't suppose there is a photograph of her taken beforehand with a line running across her ankles do you?

Seriously though, that is a guarantee that Six Flags will be sued for negligence. I bet the ambulance chasers are waiting in the lobby of the hospital as we speak.

SR

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Sounds like part of the script for one of the Final Destination movies. You don't suppose there is a photograph of her taken beforehand with a line running across her ankles do you?

Seriously though, that is a guarantee that Six Flags will be sued for negligence. I bet the ambulance chasers are waiting in the lobby of the hospital as we speak.

I wonder what the photo taken during the ride shows like on the big rollercoasters always take photos :shk:.

new topics

top topics

join