It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the government now have a new acronym for UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If UFO reports are as extensive as some say, as a researcher familiar with the FOIA process and archival records, I'm amazed that more records aren't found with UFO in them somewhere.

Unless you're apt to dismiss UFOs altogether, then that probably means government reports are using another term or acronym to describe UFO sightings in documents so as to be overlooked in FOIA searches. There's already a camp out there that thinks the term "fastwalkers" is the latest government document term for UFOs. Perhaps, although I've yet to find a document with that term in it.

But there may be others:

I've uncovered the term "space object" in numerous instances. Now, the one outstanding case I highlighted in this thread concerning a UFO crash in South Africa in the 1970's. It was later revealed that the object might have been Soviet in origin (booster rocket part?), but it was never fully resolved. It did prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that, indeed, the government did/does have a Project Moondust in operation, as it was that project that recovered the object.

But there may be another term. I found a Department of Energy document that lists all acronyms used by the defence establishment and they're meanings. It's kinda a acronym dictionary for the budding bureaucrat.

Anyway, a few acronyms caught my eye:

UOR = Unusual Occurance Report
ARRG=Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Group
ART– Airborne Response Team
CBS– Center for Biological Sciences

Now these all have innocuous explanations, but I'm highlighting them as terms that may be used in the event of a UFo report as well.

Hope this helps research....

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My! behind, that's a good find. (Sorry for the pun, I just couldn't pass that one dude.
Forgive me.)

Seriously, I will file that as a reference. There's a lot of times a person runs on to these alphabet agencies and such, where it's the pits trying to figure out what they mean.

And you have a good point. The government saying they don't look for UFOs may be telling the truth, just telling a lie at the same time.

Good job, dude, (dudette?)

[Edit by NGC for punctuation.]

[edit on 21-6-2007 by NGC2736] & [And spelling]

[edit on 21-6-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
There's already a camp out there that thinks the term "fastwalkers" is the latest government document term for UFOs. Perhaps, although I've yet to find a document with that term in it.

Allegedly 'fastwalker' is the term given to unexplained/unknown tracked objects by NORAD.

According to this, the term was coined in that 1984 incident.

It's not mentioned anywhere (that I could find) that the term is used nowadays, or that it was used for any other incident other than the one of May 1984.

There's also a documentary called Fastwalkers, and in it's website they attribute the term to NORAD, but that's it.

I've read in different places that NORAD only refers to these objects as UT or UCT, acronyms for "Uncorrelated Targets", which basically NORAD uses to describe all the objects that are not in the NORAD computer database of known objects circling the Earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
My! behind, that's a good find. (Sorry for the pun, I just couldn't pass that one dude.
Forgive me.)

Seriously, I will file that as a reference. There's a lot of times a person runs on to these alphabet agencies and such, where it's the pits trying to figure out what they mean.

And you have a good point. The government saying they don't look for UFOs may be telling the truth, just telling a lie at the same time.

Good job, dude, (dudette?)

[Edit by NGC for punctuation.]

Thanks man! No offence taken, and I giggled. Yeah, I printed this sucker out as well to reference things in my regular life. It's good to know. But like I said, you never know how the government might be referencing UFOs nowadays. I just may FOIA NASA now for UCRs.

[edit on 6/21/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This entry made me laugh out loud (LOL, I suppose)....

EBT=Elmo Bumpy Torus

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
...interesting thread for those that want to search on, maybe google scholar or other souces for news, here's some more government codings....

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
...interesting thread for those that want to search on, maybe google scholar or other sources for news, here's some more government codings....

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Are they under orders again to flip flop on UFOs or just become
more evasive.

First they don't know, then they know about aliens and now they don't
know again.... what is it this time.

The secret government mind control is not how you should base any
of you own understanding on...research using other independent sources.

I would completely ignore 'official' word... isn't 9/11/01 enough after
years of not telling you about Tesla Atomic Devices and the origin
of the Tesla aether craft.

top topics

join