It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geological Warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
After watching the 007 movie 'View To a Kill' where uber-villian Max Zorin attemps to detonate a small mountain of explosives on the San Andreas Fault to destroy Silicon Valley, I wondered if such attemps at 'geological warfare' had been considered by military offensive/defensive strategists.

The one such scenario that springs to mind would be the detonation of a sub-kiloton suitcase or similar device on the flank of the Cumbre Vieja mountain on La Palma in the Canary Islands.

Geological illustration of Cumbre Vieja:

The predicted result of the ensuing landslip would cause a tsunami of mega-proportions, sending a wall of water an estimated 100-300 feet high rolling across the Atlantic, devastaing the Eastern coast of Africa within 3hrs, the Southern coast of England within 5hrs, but most devastating of all, the whole Eastern seaboard of the USA within 9hrs...Boston, NewYork, Washington DC, Miami would be wiped out by a gigantic wave reaching up to 20km inland

BBC Horizon: Mega-tsunami: Wave of Destruction

Predicted tsunami path:

No need for a superpower-scale massed first-strike, just one small well-placed small device on the other side of the globe could do the job just as effectively

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh, I'm sure you're not the first to think of it. Like in Armageddon when Bruce Willis says "You got people who do nothing but sit around all day and think # up!" I'm almost convinced there are already other forms of warfare going on. Why not? The technology is there. We already use economic, cyber, propaganda (possibly even psychic) and other types of warfare?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, we're knee-deep in the process of weaponizing the earth's natural magnetic fields. This approach has all sorts of applications.

arcticcircle.uconn.edu...

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The smallest nuclear device ever developed (as far as we know) was a 70 lb. backpack that only packed enough explosive punch to destroy a medium-sized building. There are limitations on how small nuclear weapons can be due to the fact that a single critical mass of plutonium weighs over twenty pounds.

www.foxnews.com...

Although the jury is still technically out as to whether or not seismic warfare is even possible, most experts feel that it is not possible. It would probably be highly unwise to continue testing of this technology because on the slim chance that it was "succesful" it could cause great devastation, even against unintended targets.

veenet.value.net...

[edit on 21-6-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's a scary thought to consider what we could be facing in the next century.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I wonder would yellowstone be a geological weak spot? Have no idea of the logistics.
m x

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I wonder would yellowstone be a geological weak spot? Have no idea of the logistics.
m x oops double post! Sorry

[edit on 20-12-2007 by morganathefey]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by morganathefey
m x oops double post! Sorry

[edit on 20-12-2007 by morganathefey]

If Yellowstone goes up EVERYBODY dies, leaving no one to create an Islamic superstate.
I have no idea why this hasn't happened yet, it seems 'simple' and instead of a nuke you can just stockpile explosives, you don't even need to create a massive explosion, just enough to get the rock moving and then it does it itself.
I watched that Horizon show when it first went out, pretty interesting.

top topics

join