It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Codes: Isaac Newton Believed Bible Was Coded!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yemima Ben-Menahem, one of the exhibit's curators, said the papers show Newton's conviction that important knowledge was hiding in ancient texts.

"He believed there was wisdom in the world that got lost. He thought it was coded, and that by studying things like the dimensions of the temple, he could decode it," she said.

I know there is a thread on Isaac Newton's prediction of the apocalypse, but this is about him believing the Bible was coded with information. Very interesting.

The thought that "there was wisdom in the world that got lost" brings about questions of what was this knowledge, and more importantly, who gave it to us?

LINK

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i think that i've read somewhere, sometime that the 'temple'
layout was representational of the human body...

the kabbalists hve all those twist & turns, & symbolic meanings
imbeded in everything that is from the Divine & even the prophets.

ol' Newton was of the elite class who thought themselves as 'Illuminated'

arcane ruminations, sophistry, all these convoluted brain gymnastics
are the root of Hubris...
i think we all get infected to some degree at one time or another,

peace

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
just because Isaac Newton believed it, doesnt mean it was true. These same bible codes have been founded in any passage of equal length.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The bible is encoded on so many levels that it does not compare to other passages of equal length.
ELD bible codes as popularized by Drosnin are only ONE example of the way we could search codes.
Actually there are from my understanding so many levels of code in the bible beginning from the Hebrew Letters and their creation (hebrew Yod is string_ hence string theory) with six folded dimensions and four unfolded dimensions
www.inner.org...

Remember that Hebrew Letters like Roman Letters also are Numerals so on to little delites like Genesis 1:1 is Pi and John 1:1 is Eulers Number. Two transedental numbers that are critical in our universe
freespace.virgin.net...

Is God a Mathamatician???
Ivan Panin will tell you and no one ever proved him wrong that mathematicly the bible is too profound mathematically to be a work of man.
www.wordworx.co.nz...

Or the multiples of 7 in Genesis 1:1 popularized by Ivan Panin
www.direct.ca...

www.heavendwellers.com...

On the surface the way the encoding works on so many levels within math and the relationship of letters to numbers so that Genesis 1:1 is also Pi, to words and phrases like the series of sevens in Genesis 1:1 is a wonder in itself!

Thats just the first verse!

Thats just a surface view of the beginning of understanding the codes in the Bible

You really need to look at biblical geometry, biblical math codes, Panin's work, colour codes, Hebrew letter codes, ELD codes do have merit I believe, and many many other codes that only apply to hebrew and the bible.

Trouble is that most people are not good at math and do not know hebrew.

I believe and no one can convice me other wise, because the math itself shows the bible is a super encoded super computer

[edit on 20-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ivan Panin was a person I am sure most have never heard of but he was a mathematical genius.

His work although not public knowledge was to his intellect PROFOUND

this article is in truth an oversimplification of the work of Dr Panin and others who followed in his footsteps. Dr Panin's work initially involved some 40,000 pages of material on which he had written millions of small neat calculations. It involved volumes.

He often laboured up to 18 hours a day exploring the vast numeric structure. By and large it was a thankless task. Dr Panin said "When I first made the discovery I was of course, taken off my feet - I was in the same condition as our friend Archimedes who when he solved a great mathematical problem while in the bath, rushed in to the street naked, crying 'I have found it'. I thought people would be delighted to embrace the new discovery, but I found human nature is always the same. So I quietly withdrew and did my work all by myself".

Although it would appear that his work has been largely lost from popular reading today Dr Panin did accomplish several outstanding works.

www.wordworx.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
newton also believed you could turn lead into gold... i don't take much stock it what he believed. i only take stock in what he could prove.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Do really think he just believed in them and that he could prove them?
He could prove them which is why he believed in them!
Your assuming its belief with no proof.
Ivan Panin is the idea we are talking about.
The math speaks for itself.
Like I said unless your a whiz at math and know hebrew your missing the boat...its not ELD and its not faith

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Please lets be clear that they were reading Hebrew and Greek not english.
The numerolgical relationships are beyond coincidence. The stuff Newton knew is lost to modern man...and to discredit him because he believed he could turn lead into gold is very rude. We will never be remembered as a great mind, his mind was so great he will always be rememebered, I for one would speak about him with a little more respect. We are all so proud and haughty....when in fact we know so little.

In the original languages of the Bible, mostly Hebrew and Greek, there are no separate symbols for numbers, letters of the alphabet are also used to indicate numbers.

The numeric value of a word is the sum total of all its letters. It was curiosity that first caused Panin to begin toying with the numbers behind the texts. Sequences and patterns began to emerge. These created such a stirring in the heart of the Russian that he dedicated 50 years of his life to painstakingly comb the pages of the Bible.

This complex system of numbering visibly and invisibly saturates every book of the scriptures emphasizing certain passages and illustrating deeper or further meaning in types and shadows. The 66 books of the Bible 39 in the Old and 27 in the New were written by 33 different people.

Those authors were scattered throughout various countries of the world and from widely different backgrounds. Many of them had little or no schooling. The whole Bible was written over a period of 1500 years with a 400 year silence apart from the Apocrypha between the two testaments. Despite the handicaps the biblical books are found to be a harmonious record, each in accord with the other.

Panin says the laws of probability are exceeded into the billions when we try and rationalize the authorship of the Bible as the work of man. He once said: "If human logic is worth anything at all we are simply driven to the conclusion that if my facts I have presented are true, man could never have done this.

"We must assume that a Power higher than man guided the writers in such a way, whether they knew it or not, they did it and the Great God inspired them to do it''.

The Bible itself states clearly that it is the literal God-breathed'' living word of the Creator. The words "Thus saith the Lord"' and "God said"' occur more than 2500 times throughout scripture.

In 2 Timothy 3:16 it states "All scripture is given by inspiration of God". Then in 2 Peter 9:20-21 it plainly states: "No prophecy of the scriptures is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost".

Let's take the number seven as an illustration of the way the patterns work. Seven is the most prolific of the mathematical series which binds scripture together. The very first verse of the Bible "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen 1:1), contains over 30 different combinations of seven.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
here is an example of where we need to be discussing this thread

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1)

(Genesis 1:1)
Ivan Panin carefully examined the Hebrew text of Genesis 1:1 and discovered an incredible phenomenon of multiples of 7 that could not be explained by chance. Genesis 1:1 was composed of seven Hebrew words containing a total of 28 letters. Throughout the Bible the number seven appears repeatedly as a symbol of divine perfection - the 7 days of creation, God rested on the 7th day, the 7 churches, the 7 seals, the 7 trumpets, etc. In total, Panin discovered 30 separate codes involving the number 7 in this first verse of the Bible.

A Partial Listing of the Phenomenal Features of Sevens Found in Genesis 1: 1. The number of Hebrew words = 7
2. The number of letters equals 28 (7 x 4 = 28)
3. The first three Hebrew words translated "In the beginning God created" contain 14 letters
(7 x 2 = 14)
4. The last four Hebrew words "the heavens and the earth" have 14 letters (7 x 2 = 14)
5. The fourth and fifth words have 7 letters
6. The sixth and seventh words have 7 letters
7. The three key words: God, heaven and earth have 14 letters (7 x 2 = 14)
8. The number of letters in the four remaining words is also 14 (7 x 2 = 14)
9. The shortest word in the verse is the middle word with 7 letters
10. The Hebrew numeric value of the first, middle and last letters is 133 (7 x 19 = 133)
11. The Hebrew numeric value of the first and last letters of all seven words is 1393 (7 x 199 = 1393)
12. ...

When professors on the mathematics faculty at Harvard University were presented with this biblical phenomenon they naturally attempted to disprove its significance as a proof of divine authorship. However, after valiant efforts these professors were unable to duplicate this incredible mathematical phenomenon. The Harvard scientists used the English language and artificially assigned numeric values to the English alphabet. They had a potential vocabulary of over 400,000 available English words to choose from to construct a sentence about any topic they chose. Compare this to the limitations of word choices in the biblical Hebrew language which has only forty-five hundred available word choices that the writers of the Old Testament could use. Despite their advanced mathematical abilities and access to computers the mathematicians were unable to come close to incorporating 30 mathematical multiples of 7 as found in the Hebrew words of Genesis 1:1.

The number "seven" permeates the totality of Scripture because the number speaks of God's divine perfection and perfect order. The actual number 7 appears 287 times in the Old Testament (7 x 41 = 287) while the word "seventh" occurs 98 times (7 x 14 = 98). The word "seven-fold" appears seven times. In addition, the word "seventy" is used 56 times (7 x 8 = 56).

Ivan Panin discovered literally thousands of such mathematical patterns underlying all of the books of the Old Testament before his death in 1942. I refer the interested reader to Panin's book, The Inspiration of the Scriptures Scientifically Demonstrated, which discusses these phenomena extensively. Panin and others have examined other Hebrew literature and have attempted to find such mathematical patterns, but they are not found anywhere outside the Bible.

www.direct.ca...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
jl, what newton believed was not backed by evidence. it would say "newton proved the bible was coded" instead of newton BELIEVED...

nothing he believed was provable.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
you mean like gravity>

so if your so informed what was it he believed that he had no proof of....?

Just which bible code are we talking about....

Or should I say your talking about

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well I am still waiting on that code...
and his inability to prove it.

Like Newton was a believer in tales of fancy or something.
Please put the proof on the table, I laid down a good meal.

What proof do you have he was just tripping the light fantastic?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
jl, you're supposed to provide evidence on the bible code that he could prove, i'm not supposed to show you which one he couldn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I did, Ivan Panin was doing the same thing that Newton was doing.
do you read the posts?>

Any way how can you debunk something when you have only an opinion.
I have proof of bible codes that are numerical in Hebrew and Greek, I have given links and proof that the math is mindblowing and no one can make another phrase like Genesis 1:1 and its numerical links of 7 and Pi that cannot be duplicated by anyone. Ivan Panin, Harvard Professors are in awe of the complexity.

You have denied with no proof only your opinion, which is not worth anything in this debate.

I want you to make a sentance like Genesis with all the 7 numerics
go ahead, the least you could do is disprove at least one verse
other wise your talking dribble.
dont drool.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1)

(Genesis 1:1)
Ivan Panin carefully examined the Hebrew text of Genesis 1:1 and discovered an incredible phenomenon of multiples of 7 that could not be explained by chance. Genesis 1:1 was composed of seven Hebrew words containing a total of 28 letters. Throughout the Bible the number seven appears repeatedly as a symbol of divine perfection - the 7 days of creation, God rested on the 7th day, the 7 churches, the 7 seals, the 7 trumpets, etc. In total, Panin discovered 30 separate codes involving the number 7 in this first verse of the Bible.

A Partial Listing of the Phenomenal Features of Sevens Found in Genesis 1: 1. The number of Hebrew words = 7
2. The number of letters equals 28 (7 x 4 = 28)
3. The first three Hebrew words translated "In the beginning God created" contain 14 letters
(7 x 2 = 14)
4. The last four Hebrew words "the heavens and the earth" have 14 letters (7 x 2 = 14)
5. The fourth and fifth words have 7 letters
6. The sixth and seventh words have 7 letters
7. The three key words: God, heaven and earth have 14 letters (7 x 2 = 14)
8. The number of letters in the four remaining words is also 14 (7 x 2 = 14)
9. The shortest word in the verse is the middle word with 7 letters
10. The Hebrew numeric value of the first, middle and last letters is 133 (7 x 19 = 133)
11. The Hebrew numeric value of the first and last letters of all seven words is 1393 (7 x 199 = 1393)
12. ...

When professors on the mathematics faculty at Harvard University were presented with this biblical phenomenon they naturally attempted to disprove its significance as a proof of divine authorship. However, after valiant efforts these professors were unable to duplicate this incredible mathematical phenomenon. The Harvard scientists used the English language and artificially assigned numeric values to the English alphabet. They had a potential vocabulary of over 400,000 available English words to choose from to construct a sentence about any topic they chose. Compare this to the limitations of word choices in the biblical Hebrew language which has only forty-five hundred available word choices that the writers of the Old Testament could use. Despite their advanced mathematical abilities and access to computers the mathematicians were unable to come close to incorporating 30 mathematical multiples of 7 as found in the Hebrew words of Genesis 1:1.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join