It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys think of these verses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

It's a video on some verses about alot of things going on

what do u think of it?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, not everything that he said was bull. However, it seems to me that he was trying to sound intelligent while not being in the correct environment to do so, in my honest opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, not everything that he said was bull. However, it seems to me that he was trying to sound intelligent while not being in the correct environment to do so, in my honest opinion.

why because the environment was black people?

Trust me on this, white america is who is at fault to accept anything the govt. feeds it, it's those of ethnic origin that asks questions.

Go to youtube search more on Immortal Technique, also search on a group called Dead Prez.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You know what. The simple answer to your question is, NO that's not why I said what I said. However, since you think that I am a freaking bigot, you have just earned yourself the un-respectable position on my foe's list. You have a good day now.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
By the way, the reason I said what I said is because intelligentsia don't typically hang out at a freaking concert of any kind.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
By the way, the reason I said what I said is because intelligentsia don't typically hang out at a freaking concert of any kind.

Then where do they hang out? Google video?

Everyone listens to music, but nobody wants to know what's going on in the world because it's out of their comfort zone.

So teaching the people through music hits the most heads than any other medium that you could think of.

"What you don't know won't hurt you?
I don't feel you, knowledge is infinite what u don't know could kill u"

that's a verse from an artist named Papoose

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes well Immortal Technique makes some good points, yet there are many parts that I consider to be a contradiction.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Then where do they hang out? Google video?

First of all,the intelligentsia does not "hang out."

Most scholars and such spend large sums of their time studying in solitude and quiet.

As I stated, the guy made some correct points, but some rubbish as well. By the way, I have already heard some of "Dead Prezidents" stuff. They make a few valid points,I suppose.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The youth seems to be caring about political conspiracies way more than parents it seems, percentage-wise.

I think that music hits the most people with a positive message than any politician could.

Studying in solitude helps nobody.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The youth seems to be caring about political conspiracies way more than parents it seems, percentage-wise.

I would agree with you there. When my father was still living, God bless him, he would always ask me, "Why are you so skeptical of the government?" I really didn't know what to say, because he was a man who really thought that conspiracy theories were hog-wash. He would often tell me, when I'd get started on some of the things that I feel are true, "If what you are saying is true, then everyone needs to sit out on their porches with a double barrel shotguns around the clock," then he would add, "I don't buy it."

That is typically the attitude of people who are 60+ years of age.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is the noble pursuit of all citizens to question what is happening around them. No one has the whole story. There is no right or wrong forum to share our truth. This young man has passion, and he has found an outlet that suits him. God bless all you carry the torch of inquiry.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
the only good thing about that verse was the fact that cormega was after him..

na, immortal technique is actually trying to do something positive with his music and i respect that

even though dude has almost turned into an extremist of some sorts hes aight

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
the only good thing about that verse was the fact that cormega was after him..

na, immortal technique is actually trying to do something positive with his music and i respect that

even though dude has almost turned into an extremist of some sorts hes aight

Cormega, Papoose, Saigon, Dead Prez etc...

these are all dudes to check out for

But I wouldn't say Immortal Tech is an extremist, especially when most of the things he says is true

Conspiracies are extreme, thus truth is perceived as extremism

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
i don't see how he appears to try and sound intelligent when i listen to him and he sounds genuinely smart, he comes from a place that talks different and maybe the way he came up he cant always express exactly what he wants to but at least he gets damn close and people listen to him, he makes an impact on peoples lives none the less, with his music and people like him it will help educate the ones with potential to save this world when the apocalypse comes, it wont be upper classes fighting off the invasion, it will be the ones who know how to live without what will soon be taken from us who will survive to see the other side of WW3, the united states is falling and the Chinese will be knocking on our front door, mexico's gonna be on our ass and il be damned if Russia don't get a piece of the pie, hell Africa might get some revenge maybe japan to. but the point is people need to hear immortal technique, the strong will recognize his message and the weak will die breeding a new race, there will be others like him to spread the message but only those who follow will survive the apocalypse of the 7 churches.

top topics

join