It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of buddah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of the man who calls himself taghagata. He says he is the buddah and since his moment of enlightenment he has grown a lump on his forhead where his third eye is. I dont know what to think of him. Here is an excerpt from his site:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been travelling endlessly for the wishes of the human world.
I can tell various cases operating for the world to exist, which nobody has known so far.
I can tell what has existed in life and the effect of what happens in the life of individuals.
I am aware of the world of gods which has not been revealed by anyone.
I know the substance of eschatology which has been said to happen in this era.
I can introduce 'uitong' which will be a new visionary medicine. Uitong makes diagnoses and treatments for a great number of diseases possible, without using any medicines or medical instruments.
I can answer to a wide range of problems in the human world and I can provide the solutions on the spot.
I hope that my activities will be helpful to many people and sincerely request your verification of my truth.

Sincerely yours,
Tathagata

Heres the link:Taghagata
Does anyone know anything about this man? Do you think hes real or a scam artist? Ide like to see his head cat scanned then ide know for sure

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Blaf2001]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Tathagata is a general term in devotional Buddhism, not wholly unlike Saint in Christianity. For example, there are directional Tathagatas associated with different colors, virtues, and powers. They are Vairocana, Aksobhya, Amitabha, Ratnasambhava, and Amoghasiddhi.

The idea of a "return of Buddha" is not pure novelty. In eschatological Buddhism, the historical Buddha was not THE BUDDHA, but was the fourth in a series of "cosmic monarchs," an idea with roots going back to the earlier religion of Chakravarti. The historical Buddha, who was Siddhartha Gautama, is identified as Buddha Sakyamuni. The next Buddha will be Maitreya.

There is, of course, a very important philosophical sense in which we are all Buddha, similar to the idea of the Monad put forth by Leibniz, but I don't think that's what this guy is getting at.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by America Jones]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You didnt answer my question. what do you think of this guy? Do you think he is for real?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As with ALL Masters, you will have to wait a healthy 2500-3500+ years to find out! Stay tuned...

new topics

top topics

join